Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

FDF sound pack v1.0

I love the soundpak, but I've got some questions, after seeing the videos of the FDF-mod for OFP I'm wondering if those distant combat sounds are canned files or if there's really some sort of audio processing on a higher level gong on.

And question number two, is there any way to get better/more realistic distant sounds in arma?

I tried this Sound pack for the first time tonight. First impressions are what a good improvement weapons sound wise, however on the same vein a poor result in the little things like bullets pinging of metal etc. These seem to have been missed out sad_o.gif Also the vehicles seem to alot quieter. But overall not bad wink_o.gif

I like the vehicles being quiet now, they were bloody loud before. smile_o.gif

Excellent sound pack, makes it seem more intense to even a CoD level! thumbs-up.gif

CoD isn't a bad game btw mad_o.gif

If you are open to suggestions, I agree with Shiz regarding the bullet hit noises. I don't know if I would go so far as to make that miffed smiley at you, though. All in all your soundmod is quite amazing. My group and I always acknowledge FDF as having the best sound effects ever.

Quote[/b] ]Yep, the M4 sound is defenitely better in Predator´s mod...I think I´m going import that sound to fdf_sounds. AK-sounds are bit strange and there´s a bit too much echo.

Still, well done fdf-guys!

thumbs-up.gif

Import them you say.. lol i was thinking about the same thing until i realised that they dont use the same "Sound Configurations" eg. M4 Firing in FDF is defined as 3 x Singlew shot sound clip whereas Burst fire in Predators is defined as a custom sound.. ]

and the coding AHHHH the coding.

Darn darn darn...My idea WAS initially to edit the 2 soundmods for personal use only...well looks like the coding thingy prevents that. STILL both soundmods are awesome!...wonder why BiS did such crappy sounds firstplace.

yay.gif

Just wanted to say that the FDF sounds brought this game to the next level for me. Sure it's not perfect, but it's really good. The M16 sounds so good now that I'm selecting servers/missions where I can use it smile_o.gif

I love it! This sound pack with the user mission, 'Kings and Pawns' by BergHoff was one of the best immersive games I had in a loooong time! When your other team hits the town and that 30mm goes whoop whoop whoop....AWESOME!!!

Did find one issue I haven't seen posted. All MP clients connecting need to have it if the Host has it installed. Otherwise, those people without it will experience their avatar running around uncontrollably.

Other than that, this pack changes the whole ArmA experience for me. Great MOD!

Excuse me If this has been brought up before in this thread, but there is a soungbug in the harrier cockpit with engines off, awful ticking noise smile_o.gif

Excellent mod! Gives battles much more depth and atmosphere. Thanks! smile_o.gif

Everyone in the 31st now uses this sound mod, sounds great. Only complaints are:

1) Explosions are very muffled, especially hand grenades

2) AKS-74U sounds like an M4/M16, which isn't true

3) Make the recocking sound for the M24 LOUDER!

But all in all it makes the game MUCH better.

Quote[/b] ]3) Make the recocking sound for the M24 LOUDER!

Agreed - BUT with the current ArmA sound engine my wild guess is that if the bolt operating sound is made louder it will be heard around hundreds of meters like a gunshot which of course would be ridiculous.

I agree.. increasing that volume is going to make snipers sound like a distant *pow* *catchink chick*.. I think it's necessary to keep that sound pretty low.

Was finally able to download the mod and test it today.

Overall it´s great, compliments.

Some things though:

Reverb on guns is a bit too much imo.

Weird start/stop sound when moving the turret of the M1A1

It certainly already changes the combat atmosphere in a very positive way, but a bit less drama on the guns would make it even better.

I haven´t tested all of the vehicles as I was basically just playing some missions but some vehicles are very low on volume. I already read your explanation Goeth, but tanks are really loud

smile_o.gif

have you changed the truck sound aswell ? It sounds a bit flat imo, not much bass.

Hope you don´t get it wrong. I like the mod very much, those are just some things that didn´t feel right when testing.

I can confirm the tick noise from the harrier.

While everything is great, this is quite annoying. Any chance of fixing it?

I can confirm the tick noise from the harrier.

While everything is great, this is quite annoying. Any chance of fixing it?

I start looking for a fix to that. Althought i don´t spend my gametime at airports just looking a parked harrier biggrin_o.gif

i noticed some weird issues with "crack" in tank explosion sound ... (x-fi, hw and eax on) ... any1 else ?

I've been converted - I do quite like this.

You can't fully appreciate it until you're in a big firefight with 2 M249s and a few M16-A4s shooting, and another firefight going on about 600 metres away. Sexeh.

Bug:

Mp5 does not have recoil after this addon (1.05)

Great addon otherwise smile_o.gif

Thanks for the info, problem solved.

Damn double post, sorry.

It's a great mod. But when I test this with 100+ zombies I heard some sound mismatching. Is this from lagging?

pistols.gifgoodnight.gif

It's a great mod. But when I test this with 100+ zombies I heard some sound mismatching. Is this from lagging?

pistols.gifgoodnight.gif

i belive that could be hardware accleration related...

i have huge sound disturbance in big missions if i turn HA on..

if it´s turned off i dont have the problems... so try that first...