Sign in to follow this  
DevilDawn

createUnit severe problems

Greets. I have some Probs with createUnit when editing Missions.

First one:

Build a Trigger which, when activated, creates a Soldier in any group and set a variable to "true".

Build another Trigger which react when set variable above is "true". The second Trigger will never activate, unless the created Soldier is the last possible member in the group (i.e. th 12th soldier).

If you set the variable first and then create the Soldier everything seems to work fine. This indicates an internal problem with createUnit.

Second (and much more severe):

I have changed some MP missions for use with createUnit. Enemies are now dynamically created when they're needed. This works fine in preview and on a local (non-dedicated) server. Bur on a dedicated server OFP sometimes crashes back to desktop without error if the dynamically created enemies are killed.

I would say there is a severe bug in createUnit which makes it totally useless for MP missions (which is really sad, 'cause MP missions with lots of enemies reduce Server FPS drastically).

Has someone else noticed this behaviour? Was someone else able to resolve this issue? May the OFP Dev Team take a look at the code again and comment my observations?

TIA,

DevilDawn[JSOD 85th]