Sign in to follow this  
Beeralbion

Setting Controls For Aircraft

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to set the mouse keys as the 'Increase Thrust' and 'Decrease Thrust' for flying aircraft?

I like to have mouse-look enabled to look around (as im left handed i can fly with the stick and control the view with my right hand).

The problem I have is that I cannot easily adjust the thrust. I wanted the left mouse button to be increase and right mouse button to be decrease, however these keys are used for Fire and Optic zoom for the infantry. I dont seem to be able to remove these from the aircraft control without also changing the Infantry controls (if that makes sense)

Does anybody know a way around this?

Can you take RMB/LMB off aircraft fire and optics? then set the thrust? Not sure if you can but worth a try.

Annoyingly you cant remove the Fire or Optic controls as they are located under 'ALL CONTROLS'

Oh well I guess it isn't possible. I have instead mapped the thrust to the POV hat on the top of the stick which isn't ideal but at least I dont have to reach for the keyboard!

thats why you select aircraft controls from the drop down tab and change the keys there, then you will still have thoes keys for infantry.

I really don't understand why they didn't split up the controls like battlefield and well most other games nowadays... Common, Infantry, Land Vehicles, Air Vehicles. It's quite obvious many people would want separate fire button for vehicles etc.

Yeah this is the problem. The common controls like fire are not split between infantry / land vehicles / aircraft. So no matter what I do if I want LMB as fire for infantry then it must also be used as fire for all other vehicles.

They have the drop down for Aircraft controls but they dont have a dedicated Fire command in that list... hence the problem.