Sign in to follow this  
OddballWDI

Forcing Artillery guns to fire

I have a weird problem with multiple artil guns.

First, if I set up just one artil gun (D30 for example) and run the script below it works fine. The gun will raise up, load, fire, reload, fire, reload fire, ect until it's out of ammo.

The problem starts when I setup more than one artil gun. I want to have about 4 of these guns, simulating an artillery strike on a town. Your mission is to drestroy the guns. If I have more than one artil gun, usually at first all 4 guns raise up, load and fire. Then randomly one or two of the guns will lower the gun. What it does from then is random. The gun may raise right back up, reload and fire, and it might stay down, reload and fire. It doesn't look to realistic when it's targeting a target that is beyond visual range and it's firing just 100 meters downrange because it lowered the gun.  Here is the script. I've tried it both with and without reveal, doesn't seem to make a difference. I added the ~10 to make it wait hoping maybe it would help but it doesn't.

Anyone have any ideas?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_artilname = _this select 0

_target = _this select 1

#LOOP

_artilname reveal _target

_artilname doTarget _target

_artilname fire "D30"

~10

goto "LOOP"

I moved the targets back even further (they are just game logics) and now the guns always are up when they fire. So it's doing what I want. They do lower in between shots (sometimes) but that's ok. It looks kind of real except that it doesn't always lower it, but thats fine.