Sign in to follow this  
stingfish74

German DVD version

heres the deal.

i was playing german dvd version, patched with 1.02 AND the language patcher.

1.05 went live, i uninstalled arma> cleaned registry, defragged, rebooted and reinstalled and ran internaltional 1.05 patch. ran into the errors on patch install (xdelta3) - many pbo's jacked up. I hit ignore on all errors. ran the game after the install. noticed the crazy performace impact.

unintalled arms> cleaned registry> defragged> rebooted and reinstalled arm. goal to get BACK to 1.02. NOW IM GETTING ERRORS ON THE 1.02 INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something, somefile, somewhere MUST be causing this! will someone please help me get back to 1.02?

this is the most time consuming, frustrating issue ever. so i think there is a file somewhere on my computer or something causing these impacts.

also note, after i remove arma, i always go to documents and delete the arma folder there as well. what in the world is causing these errors now.

when i first installed 1.02, no issues at all. now erroring on 1.02 install. there has to be a better way on supporting the players with these patched. bigger picture, too many verisons, too many patch versions out there. its a mess. one code base for all in the future guys.

someone please help me trouble shoot b/c now i cant play arma at all.

im still searching my files w/ no luck. have you F disked? think that might eliminate this? allowing me to get back to 1.02 successfully w/out errors?

I think you might be right, my first (and last) succesfull attempt at the 1.02 patch was probably after my windows crashed and had to be re-installed.

And now i have the same problems with 1.05. BIS will have to provide some sort of means to fix this. I have cleaned with regedit from all things Bohemia and ArmA several times and still no luck.