Sign in to follow this  
deevius

Sprocket/Softwrap - this is ridiculous

I feel like i've been conned purchasing this game through these dodgy people. If I had known they had this whole stupid protection system and that you have to activate your licence everytime just to INSTALL the damn game i would not have bought this game from them AT ALL.

I mean seriously, if you buy a game you should get the game and that's the end of it. None of this activating licence bullshit, what the hell kind of crap is that!? And why are they getting away with it?

I payed for the game 3 days ago, and have yet to even receive an e-mail from these people with my CD key OR Licence details. No email, nothing, zip, zilch ZERO. I cannot even install the game that i have paid my hard earned money for...

I have heard about people who have valid activation keys, but the activation system is denying them stopping them from even launching the game... and the only thing they can do is send emails to these Sprocket/Softwrap people and hope that they reply and get it fixed. THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

What if this Softwrap company one day happens to disappear/go bankrupt/whatever and we're all stuck with this game that we can no longer use? Then what?

HOW CAN YOU ALLOW THIS BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE, IT IS UNFAIR TO YOUR CUSTOMERS TO HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS KIND OF NONSENSE.

my head hurts from all this rainting crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

dude I suggest u go to sporcket troubleshoot thread, and do some searching before post another lame rant.

BTW I have sprocket version and haven't had a single problem with it, so GJ sprocket yay.gifyay.gif

considering the Sprocket Troubleshooting thread is at 11 pages long it's obvious that their system is f**ked.

how nice that it's working for you.... i've bought the game 3 days ago and got no cd key to install the friggin thing

well if u could kindly take a look at the thread; 1 post says that u will get the cd-key,after u e-mail them, and considering its weekend u'll probly get ur mail monday xmas_o.gif

and mister threadstarter there's still no point in opening another LAME ass rant thred, when u could have gone to sprocket troubleshoot thread and post ur toughts there. Im sure the guys there could give u a hand.

All you people that have had enough of these threads shoudl STFU...Poeple that paid money for a product and then dont get the use of the product feel they have been ripped off and are not getting the support they need. I am also in the smae boat and its been 3 days with no help from anyone after sendign numerous emails. These boards are the only place that people with similar problems can share their experience and possible help each other out. IF you dont like it then don't reply in these threads.

All you people that have had enough of these threads shoudl STFU...Poeple that paid money for a product and then dont get the use of the product feel they have been ripped off and are not getting the support they need. I am also in the smae boat and its been 3 days with no help from anyone after sendign numerous emails. These boards are the only place that people with similar problems can share their experience and possible help each other out. IF you dont like it then don't reply in these threads.

Yes, but didn't they (you) pay SPROCKET, BIS just made the game, SPROCKET are (partly) responsible for the online distribution. If you're having issues, take it out on them, not BIS. If SPROCKET is shit, its not BIS' fault, its SPROCKET's, so posting about it here is rather inappropriate.

Can you play single player without activating it? http://www.sprocketidea.com/zencart....ts_id=6 big yellow thing on that dudes knee says " download and play now " not " download and play, er, next week " biggrin_o.gif

Why would you pay that price anyhow? when its cheaper at places like Amazon for the disks, manual etc?

Yes, but didn't they (you) pay SPROCKET, BIS just made the game, SPROCKET are (partly) responsible for the online distribution. If you're having issues, take it out on them, not BIS. If SPROCKET is shit, its not BIS' fault, its SPROCKET's, so posting about it here is rather inappropriate.

That is very true, however gamers like us would like to trust the game developers that they pick companies that will distribute the game fairly. Especially that BIS advertises these delivery methods on their website/forums many gamers like myself trusted that BIS picked a good distributor. For instance if BIS picked a no name distrubutor for the US and many of the copies that were in store were missing dics....i would hold BIS responsible also for not picking a company that would ensure we got our game safely. It would be a irresponsible of BIS if they did not care about us not getting our product in the order it should be.

However, right now BIS is taking this matter into their hands and you should email them for the fatest respone. I just hope they wipe/put pressure on sprocket to change their system immedietly

Actually Sprocket is made by IDEA games as a way for them to distribute games online. IDEA games is made out of 3 companies, 2 of them minor, and BIS being the big boy there. So saying BIS has nothing to do with it is wrong lol.

When you think of IDEA games, you think of BIS. Nobody thinks of the other 2 companies nobody ever heard of.

Its like saying STEAM has nothing to do with Valve lol.

I am sorry moderators but I cannot keep quiet anymore about the downloaded versions.

I am so sorry that I purchased this wonderfull game, download version, with :"SOFTWRAP INVOLVED".

There are atleast six adults in our gaming group who purchased via this method and all of us have horror stories:

1) DOUBLE CHARGES ON CREDIT CARDS

(complaint filed with credit card compaines)

2) Waiting weeks / months (no joking) for response from support!

(I was luck to get a great live person on other end at "IDEA", had my verification and download fixed in about a week after purchase and credit card charged, and about another week after that to get the verification bug fixed, I finally got to try the game out about 3 weeks after purchasing it)

3) One of our gaming group memebers built a new computer 4 weeks ago and has nothing but problems getting another verification (by the way it's only the 2nd install), week 5 and he still cannot play the game.

In closing " I WISH TO THANK THE PEOPLE WHO PROVIDE THE DOWNLOADS" YOU TAUGHT THIS 50 YEAR OLD A GREAT LESSON.

NEVER BUY (PURCHASE) SOFTWARE AS A DOWNLOAD, IT'S NOT WORTH THE ARRGEVATION.

TOO , BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE, GREAT GAME, GREAT IDEAS, BUT SORRY..... SOMEBODY MADE A BIG MISTAKE GETTING INVOLVED WITH THE PROVIDERS OF THE DOWNLOADED VERSIONS.

Quote[/b] ]NEVER BY SOFTWARE AS A DOWNLOAD, IT'S NOT WORTH THE ARRGEVATION.

I believe you mean "buy". Thats not true, at least not with STEAM.

I bought the english version through sprocket because I thought it would be a lot faster than ordering a disk from overseas. Plus I ve bought download games without problem in the past.

But with ArmA, I received three buggy downloads that wouldnt complete the install. Now the download manager wont let me download anymore. Emails sent to softwrap and BI yesterday without so much as an acknowledgement that theres a problem. I feel like Ive been robbed. Right now im thinking the best thing would be to call my cc company and cancel the transaction.

yes, im about 80% sure these SoftWrap people are a scam.

Solution:

Buy german version from Morphicon's online store.

Patch to 1.05 for English game.

No more sprocket.

Oh dear lord please let Placebo return.

In the good old days such numerous, useless ranting topics would have been closed in like nothing.

This is a distributor Problem, not a BI problem so why you bother to post your complaints here?

Quote[/b] ]W0lle: This is a distributor Problem, not a BI problem so why you bother to post your complaints here?

Because some of them do not listen or reply.

It's Bohemia Interactive that we are supporting here not the screwed up distributors.

Hopefullt Bohemia Interactive can do something about it, or help atleast!!! It is their best interest is it not?

Quote[/b] ]W0lle: This is a distributor Problem, not a BI problem so why you bother to post your complaints here?

Because some of them do not listen or reply.

They should not be ib buisness. Point!!!!

You're right, but still except that fact that BI has choosen a specific distributor, it's little to nothing they can do.

One thing I want to throw in: Even I don't know any of these companies (heard from them first time with ArmA), I suppose most of them are small companies with only a few employees and they might just have more requests then capacity to answer them.

This sucks and should be fixed asap. The whole concept of having half a dozen different distributors was a step in the wrong direction imho.

Why buy the DL version when you can get it fom GoGamer (I'm in NY, USA). I puchased 2 copies in 2 instances and they both arrived in 3 days.

I must have a hard copy to feel secure and all these problems confirm my feelings.

--Ben

I bought 1.05 EN from Sprocket last Saturday.

Recieved e-mail with more info and serial key.

Strangely, I never saw any activation of any kind to play the game. I just installed with key from e-mail and then launched the game. No problems at all. Works like a charm in SP and MP.

Quote[/b] ]Strangely, I never saw any activation of any kind to play the game. I just installed with key from e-mail and then launched the game. No problems at all. Works like a charm in SP and MP.

Same here, until patch 1.05 arrived. And then I discovered the dreaded Softwrap activation page for the first time... And I am now waiting for an answer from BI/Sprocket/Softwrap to be able to play again...

This topic serves little purpose.

If anyone has got problems with sprocket/softwrap version there's clear info on how to contact tech. support. and Softwrap also provides phone numbers.

Contact

support@idea-games.com

Support is handling all requests there on a daily basis every working day (no support on weekends).

This service is no scam, and any problems and issues will be handled carefully.

In case the Sprocket/Softwrap support for whatever reason doesn't help or your message doesnt' go through, you can

contact support@bistudio.com

See also Sprocket Troubleshooting Topic