Sign in to follow this  
Paco454

105 patch demands softwrap re-License WT

Running Czech version 102, had to use up second license to install 102 patch, now with 105 it asks again for re-activation however there are no more License's. This is unacceptable. I have e-mailed softwrap, they have not responded.

I'm sitting here, as a paying customer, with a non working version of the game that requires a new License for each patch. I demand a refund or a working copy of the game. This is unacceptable. Totoally unacceptable.

PACO454

LoL, you demand a refund. Nice job with that lol

You had the game for what? Over 2 months, and NOW you demand a refund?

You have no right to demand anything. The only right you had was to buy or not buy the game. To late now. I suggest you wait patiently for a response. If I was softwrap support, I would wait 2 weeks before giving you another license.

I know your situation sucks, but maybe you should have thought about it before using sprocket. Its not like there weren't many warnings. So its all your fault.

German version has the same problem. Have contacted Morphicon but no response as yet. Installing a patch to eliminate bugs should not require a re authorization of the game as the authorization process generates a hardware key and links it to the authorization key. Installing a patch should not change the hardware key, so therefore a re/auth should not be necessary.

I will never ever buy any software that uses this or a similar setup ever again. At least if I had bought the DVD version I would have paid the same amount, gotten a printed manual and NOT be having this issue.

Doc_69

editted to correct y-z transposition

I shouldn't be having problems.

"You have no right to demand anything."

Put yourself in my shoes and then say that after you paid good money.

PACO454

Paco, just ignore Luciano. It is just a shame that there is no way to ad him to some form of ignore list where we don't have to see anything he posts anymore.  I agree with you and it is not just the sprocket vesion but the german version as well having this issue and the german version use starforce and not softwrap.

Luciano, learn to read. Paco said refund or a WORKING copy. Anyone who paid for thier version has the right to expect the software to work. There is no reason why a patch should cause someone to have to reactivate the software.

if anyone i would have blame first it would be the publishers and the clone makers, then BIS themself if needed, but since i still havent experence most of the bugs ppl here have been reported i really couldnt help others blaming anyone,

its a shame that ppls cant get the great game works as it should confused_o.gif

nice, cannot use game

The Activation Code has already been used in a successful activation or purchase. It can not be used again. Please e-mail support@softwrap.com

welcome to 1.05 lol

used key once to install (bought from sprocket dec 06)

used 2nd time when 1.02 update could not complete and had to re-install then update

now 1.05 patch caused errors and had to re-install again

and now it won,t accept activation

preparing for long await / replay from softwrap

banghead.gif

I also have the German version, and also out of licenses to activate the game.

Now I bought the game AGAIN via sproket, but get no confirmation mail with the key, I send various mails, but get no reply or what so ever.

Seems they are laughing their .sses off, from taking our money.... crazy_o.gif

How I was looking forward to play with 1.05...... Now I bought 2 copies (spend almost 82 euro's) and banghead.gif

There are 3 activations granted automatically on Sprocket for every purchase made. I think it's reasonable amount but I understand with the patches it can be easily used all. In case of using it you need to contact support and don't worry: reseting your activations will not be an issue.

With Morphicon online purchase it's less in our hands but I am confident they will also help out.

I too have run out of activation key usages:

"Activation denied by server. The number of activations allowed by this Serial Number has been exceeded. It cannot be used for activation any longer."

Metaboli/Morphicon better fix this up...

There are 3 activations granted automatically on Sprocket for every purchase made. I think it's reasonable amount but I understand with the patches it can be easily used all. In case of using it you need to contact support and don't worry: reseting your activations will not be an issue.

With Morphicon online purchase it's less in our hands but I am confident they will also help out.

Is the correct contact address to reset my activations support@softwrap.com, or is there a someone at sprocket that I should contact about reseting my activations?

I too have run out of activation key usages:

"Activation denied by server. The number of activations allowed by this Serial Number has been exceeded. It cannot be used for activation any longer."

Metaboli/Morphicon better fix this up...

I am sure Metaboli/Morphicon will help but it's more indirect than Sprocket.

I agree, we need to be allotted 1 extra activation from all publishers for this patch. I was trying something new for a class project by creating a nice video in ArmA in hopes in finishing it no later than Monday. Now I have to wait for Morphicon to respond to my email and reissue me another activation.. However long that takes is up in the air.

Why does the game require another activation?

actually i think activation should be increased with each patch by at least "1" due to possible "issues" ...

would be fair system ...

I too am needing another installation key.

-Bought Arma,installed on my home pc, removed Arma and sold PC less than 2 weeks later

-Installed on my laptop,played great for a month or so.

-I reformatted my laptop,Installed Arma, starforce cause problems so I removed Arma from my laptop

Now I have no more install keys and I plan on installing it on my sons pc (he doesnt even have any cd drives)

I am confident that I won't have problems (haven't asked for any more install keys yet)

Because I changed my email and lost my serial #'s already and I emailed Morphicon and "IN LESS THAN A DAY" they emailed me my cd keys and changed my account info.

I am surprised if users are awaiting Morphicon...service is outstanding

email I used : supportvente@metaboli.com

I'm in the same boat. I just emailed Morphicon but it's already 9pm Eastern. Ugh. I think the correct email address is support.vente@metaboli.com (there's a dot between support and vente).

Well I do have a DVD version I bought from buyarma.com that I've never used because I was too impatient to wait when the online version became available. Guess I'll install it.

Me thinks it would have been wiser to release patch on a Monday morning instead of a Friday evening.

There's going to be alot of unhappy vegemites this weekend, unable to play either version.

This "Activation Issue" has also made me decide to NEVER buy downloadable versions online again.

what about when another patch comes out?

When there is a patch, they should reset the amount of activations to the date of purchace.

What about the people who reinstall their operating system, down the line? i reinstall about 2 times a year just to keep it fresh. Those who take care of there stuff get screwed?

If i knew then what i know now,..... Ive only had this game 2 wks and am allready regreating Downloading it. I should have gotten myself a hard copy.

It's worse than just reinstalling it and having to email for renewal. If 5 years on you are still playing ArmA like may do with OpFlash, if Morphicon happens to have gone out of business, what then? Would they give everyone unlimited refreshes before they disappear or would everyone be screwed?

I'm sure they aren't out to screw people, but there's just too much uncertainty. DVDs for me.

I know it. I had no idea about the limited installs.

But I really like online download

Tribes2 wasn't online dl,but you got a serial # and that let you make an account.I played Tribes2 for years,I could use anyones cd to install and play on anyones pc because you only had to login an account

BF42,BFV and BF2..I like that setup...Master server keeps track and same thing,serial # gets you an account basically

I bought online download of special forces for BF2 and get this...I don't have a serial #,I have to download the 900 meg addon and install it thru the EA addon manager

I managed ways to save the temp files so I don't have to download it everytime but they recently changed software and messed it up and is the main reason that BF2 isn't installed right now

I wish Arma just had the master server thing to keep track of cd keys.It would be the only form of copy protection needed for online play.

For single player it would then have to be the cd check

I should not have to use an activation License to update the game. BIS this is unacceptable.

PACO454

Read above what Maruk said.

And you already said that it's unacceptable. You have to contact support at Sprocket and wait until they reply to your request.

Remember that they are an european company and it's now weekend in europe... bad timing I'd say. wink_o.gif

Complaining here doesn't really help you at all.

Quote[/b] ]
Me thinks it would have been wiser to release patch on a Monday morning instead of a Friday evening.

There's going to be alot of unhappy vegemites this weekend, unable to play either version.

This "Activation Issue" has also made me decide to NEVER buy downloadable versions online again.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote[/b] ]MuteAssassin: Posted on Mar. 03 2007,03:16what about when another patch comes out?

When there is a patch, they should reset the amount of activations to the date of purchace.

What about the people who reinstall their operating system, down the line? i reinstall about 2 times a year just to keep it fresh. Those who take care of there stuff get screwed?

If i knew then what i know now,..... Ive only had this game 2 wks and am allready regreating Downloading it. I should have gotten myself a hard copy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Quote[/b] ]MamiyaOtaru Posted on Mar. 03 2007,03:57It's worse than just reinstalling it and having to email for renewal. If 5 years on you are still playing ArmA like may do with OpFlash, if Morphicon happens to have gone out of business, what then? Would they give everyone unlimited refreshes before they disappear or would everyone be screwed?

I'm sure they aren't out to screw people, but there's just too much uncertainty. DVDs for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Under these circumstances, I will never buy downloadable versions online again, ever!!!

PACO454

I have the German version downloaded from Morphicon.

It is now unplayable after installing the 1.05 patch. I emailed Morphicon support.

I totally agree that this is completely unacceptable.