Sign in to follow this  
profe

Superhind

Being a big fan of the hind, I thought it would be awesome to have a superhind for ofp, till we can have one for arma *crosses fingers*.

For those unfamiliar, the Superhind is a hind with upgraded avionics, censors, cockpit with digital display, a dual feed 20mm cannon, and some other goodies. It's developed by South African ATE and is being fielded by the algerian air force.

Hind1.jpg

inlove.gifinlove.gif

" border="0">

Pictures from the algerian air force

If this awesome machine were available for ofp I'd be so happy I could kiss the creator.

And it was flying through the skies of the movie Blood Diamond... wink_o.gif

Just what we need, another Hind that is aerodynamically inefficient and heavier to boot. wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Just what we need, another Hind that is aerodynamically inefficient and heavier to boot.  wink_o.gif

The ATE SuperHind MkV is far better than the MKIII... its got a completely new front end, cockpit (similar to the latest Cobras), avionics and ammo feed system.  They've even gotten the weight down by about 1100kgs by replacing the armour with composites.  The old fuel/engine managment system (145kg) is replaced by one the weighs 45kg and so on.  

screenshot1hh6.png

mi35mkvlg1.jpg

There has been quite a few articles about them in the last few months in the aerospace & defence press.  There arent many decent pics of the MkV mockups but there are a few decent ones on the net if you look. Its actually an almost complete redesign of everything bar the engines and tail!

ATE Helicopter Brochure

Guest RKSL-Rock
Excellent helicopter, this would rock for OFP!

And ArmA of course

Well Im hoping (no promises) to make the ATE MKV as part of the OPFOR script demo models we have planned.

Basically they will be OPFOR addons with the working HUD and RWR scripts etc installed so they can be used again the Rapier and Harriers to demonstrate the concept.  We're also planning releasing a 'support pack' with all the necessary components to get all of our script working in your own addons.  So all you need do it merge the two models and repostions the indicators to suit your own needs.

Sniper Skull, +1WL and PR 2 weeks for being a smart @$$. band.gif

Quote[/b] ]The ATE SuperHind MkV is far better than the MKIII... its got a completely new front end, cockpit (similar to the latest Cobras), avionics and ammo feed system. They've even gotten the weight down by about 1100kgs by replacing the armour with composites. The old fuel/engine managment system (145kg) is replaced by one the weighs 45kg and so on.

So the SuperHind in the picture is really just a demonstrator for a better model? Or are they actually offering the modification?

Guest RKSL-Rock
So the SuperHind in the picture is really just a demonstrator for a better model? Or are they actually offering the modification?

No the Mk III is a production model currently serving with the Algerian AF i think. But the MkV is the massivly upgraded MKIII that they are just starting to produce.

Sniper Skull, +1WL and PR 2 weeks for being a smart @$$.  band.gif

Did you really +1WL and 2 Week PR him? crazy_o.gif

Anyway, the choppers look cool... But to me its just anouther Mi-24 Hind, and we got plenty of them huh.gif

for me they all look the same biggrin_o.gif these goverments are all crazy , can you imagine to waste 300.000.000 € in a single F22 ? crazy_o.gif

so who gives a damn if its but ugly as long as it does the job, the Apache isn't that nice looking and look at the fire power it can carry wink_o.gif

The mk.V looks awesome with that new cockpit. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Jerk. SS is cooler than thou.

There's plenty to go around. I welcome the chance to use my ban stick! Any other public complaints or do you want to keep it on topic from here on?

@nephilim

You aren't helping. wink_o.gif

Let's all try to keep it on topic from here on out.

Quote[/b] ]so who gives a damn if its but ugly as long as it does the job, the Apache isn't that nice looking and look at the fire power it can carry

For the job, I'd have to say a Rooivalk, A-129, Mi-28, Tiger, Cobra, or yes, the Apache (gasp! ) could do the job a whole lot better. I'm sure the reasoning behind this modification is the cost of upgrade as opposed to buying and operating new airframes. For that reason, it likely packs a lot of bang for the buck.

Quote[/b] ]

for me they all look the same biggrin_o.gif these goverments are all crazy , can you imagine to waste 300.000.000 € in a single F22 ?

FYI, a F-22 flies away at about $97 million a plane, which is about 74 million euro.

Guest RKSL-Rock
SuperHind is the MI-35.

LMAO no its not.

the difference is you don't know what you are talking about.

The mi35 is simply the designation to the export version of the mi24, the superhind is ATE's huge upgrade to the hind. The hind(mi24 and mi35) have analog and rudimentary control panels. The superhind has a redesigned cockpit with a modernized control panel including digital displays, as well as many other changes to increase the helicopters performance.

Guest RKSL-Rock
then its a upgraded Mi-35.

No its not.

ATE is taking stock MI-24s of various builds and specs then gutting them.  Taking the airframe back to the metal, then rebuilding them to a new and modern spec replacing all the old avionics and control systems with either completely refurbished items or a new lighter system.

The upshot of this is a helicopter upto 1100kgs lighter than any Mi-24/35.  its climbs faster, is more agile has greater range and can carry an even wider rander of weapons than even the latest Russian made Mi-35s.  Including the option to carry isreali & western made kit.

So... its not an uprated Mi-35.  It can do far more than the Mi-35.  Its a totally new class of Hind. Hence why its called the Superhind!