Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dolores (miss2) is very very broken

Hmm didn't have a problem with this one, placed the explosives in an X patern right under the bridge, didn't go near the water or supports.

Plenty of time to run up to where the ammo crates are and wait for the "flash, flash, flash" order.

Killed two armor units with AT rockets and then fled the area to the boat at bridge #3, used it to cross the water and then got out on the other shore, there's two vehicles, a car and a truck, both have civilians in them, shot the driver in the truck and stole it GTA style. (felt kind of bad about that but it sure beats walking.)

I had no problems at all on my first attempt with the bridge. ***Luckily I read about people losing kit and the placing charges problem (thanks PC GAMER) so I dropped my M4, ammo and all but 4 of my charges.

I swam to the first two supports and put a charge on each. ***I had no 'Objective Complete' so placed another charge on one of the same supports and completed the objective.

I turned round, picked up my kit and ran 10 o'clock from the bridge to some buildings where the ammo stash was and loaded up on the M136.

When "Flash, Flash, Flash" came I detonated (success) and let rip on the two tanks and BRDM that had already got across. ***The crews were quite tough and all bailed so I had a fire fight.

After this I got mean and went to the bridge and shot the guys in the water *** . ***

I cleared the area and went off to join my platoon. ***I'd spent so long mopping up troops and tanks however, that when I reached the waypoint I'd missed the battle and blown tanks were everywhere - nice touch.

Carried on and completed the mission.

This is how I completed it do not read if you don't want to know how to do it!(although it was very, very hit and miss...too a lot of reloads, mostly because vehicles wouldn't cross for some reason!&#33

1. I planted bombs on bridge (if you do plant underneath, DO NOT go in the water, otherwise you will lose your rifle&#33
    2. Ran to ammo crates and loaded up on ammo and AT launcher
    3. Fired bombs ON COMMAND
    4. Took out the truck full of troops, sitting on the bridge
    5. Took out the BMP on my side of the bridge
    6. Ran up hill and took out the T72 and some troops in the compound to the right
    7. Ran down to the UAZ sitting in the compound (watch out for more troops)
    8. Drove UAZ out the compound, staying left
    9. Got to rendevous and took out the other BMP
    10. Took out soldiers running to our location
    11. Loaded men (my squad...don't know what happens to the other troops) up in Humvee and drove to retreat point

I never did find the boat at bridge 3...tried loads, but couldn't see it.

All in all, after it worked, it turned out to be a very atmosphearic mission!

BTW: there's no need to abort the mission if some of the enemy vehicles fall/drive into the water. that happened to me too and i just took them out with AT rockets.

what matters is that you get the command to blow the charges, no matter where the tanks actually are.

Yes, but the problem I encountered was I wasn't getting the command to blow the bridge, and I guess that was because there was a BMP or truck or something not setting off a trigger...I don't know.

At one point I sat and watched a BMP climbing the hill after going across the river (kewl to see it bobbing as it got in the water&#33 and just wouldn't get up that hill...waited ages.

Private First Class
    bohemia really should've taken more care in making their missions because this sucks. this mission is buggy, but the missions before that weren't even impressive. real bummer compared to OFP

Quote Originally Posted by (HyperBart @ Feb. 23 2007,17:27)
    bohemia really should've taken more care in making their missions because this sucks. this mission is buggy, but the missions before that weren't even impressive. real bummer compared to OFP
    and believe me; it only gets worse...

there's a few highlights (defending your position with an MG against attacking enemies, sniping an enemy officer) but overall the campaign's very disappointing because apparently very little attention has been given to it.

I disagree. So far I've enjoyed all the missions.

They've all been atmospheric and a challenge...and I'm only up to the officer sniper mission (or just done that one).

Master Gunnery Sergeant Infam0us's Avatar
    I have to say I really enjoyed the Single Player campaign, although there are loads of bugs and whatnot in it. But that's just ArmA, its so open anything can happen

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by (Infam0us @ Feb. 23 2007,21:22)
    But that's just ArmA, its so open anything can happen
    a good mission designer knows that it is open and adapts to that by triggering out events that shouldn't happen. i know for sure they did that in ofp... it just feels like they haven't paid enough attention to it.

i finally got this mission... some other bugs beside the whole bridge drama was the canons back at the batallion that are too far behind the sandbags so they cannot shoot the tanks (you can aim at them, but you'll only shoot into the sand bags right in front of you) and not a single soldier back at platoon that carries an rpg with him, so you're kind of all alone up to all the tanks left, which was 4 in my case... 1 man against 4 tanks? that REALLY takes a few tries. and it's not that realistic i think!

now i'm in the sanitation mission, which is very simply set up. and the stupid part is, that both the foxtrot teams and the bravo teams most of the time get whiped out completely. maybe one of them survives with you, but that's it! again very very unrealistic, these are special forces fighting some poorly trained bums who are sitting there. special forces should whipe them out with one SF casualty at most.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast