Sign in to follow this  
MrPing1000

Dolores (miss2) is very very broken

bohemia really should've taken more care in making their missions because this sucks. this mission is buggy, but the missions before that weren't even impressive. real bummer compared to OFP

bohemia really should've taken more care in making their missions because this sucks. this mission is buggy, but the missions before that weren't even impressive. real bummer compared to OFP

and believe me; it only gets worse... sad_o.gif

there's a few highlights (defending your position with an MG against attacking enemies, sniping an enemy officer) but overall the campaign's very disappointing because apparently very little attention has been given to it.

I disagree. So far I've enjoyed all the missions.

They've all been atmospheric and a challenge...and I'm only up to the officer sniper mission (or just done that one).

I have to say I really enjoyed the Single Player campaign, although there are loads of bugs and whatnot in it. But that's just ArmA, its so open anything can happen wink_o.gif

But that's just ArmA, its so open anything can happen wink_o.gif

a good mission designer knows that it is open and adapts to that by triggering out events that shouldn't happen. i know for sure they did that in ofp... it just feels like they haven't paid enough attention to it.

i finally got this mission... some other bugs beside the whole bridge drama was the canons back at the batallion that are too far behind the sandbags so they cannot shoot the tanks (you can aim at them, but you'll only shoot into the sand bags right in front of you) and not a single soldier back at platoon that carries an rpg with him, so you're kind of all alone up to all the tanks left, which was 4 in my case... 1 man against 4 tanks? that REALLY takes a few tries. and it's not that realistic i think!

now i'm in the sanitation mission, which is very simply set up. and the stupid part is, that both the foxtrot teams and the bravo teams most of the time get whiped out completely. maybe one of them survives with you, but that's it! again very very unrealistic, these are special forces fighting some poorly trained bums who are sitting there. special forces should whipe them out with one SF casualty at most.

I am in the middle of the Dolores mission.  When I say "in the middle", I mean I have had to restart it at least half a dozen times so far just to get past the bridge blowing part.

I really enjoyed OFP and am really enjoying this, but compare this game to Deus Ex.  Deus Ex was a game that allowed you to complete missions in any way you cared to mention - but I didn't ever have to reload a mission because of missed trigger points.

My view?  It is shoddy, but it is also why the guys at Bohemia have not retired already - a redeeming flaw maybe?  Without this flaw they would have sold many more times games and maybe given up making them by now whistle.gif

Yeah what's the situation with those damn howitzers? It's like the mission was knocked up in 5 minutes without any due care or attention.. They are absolutely impossible to use without hitting the sandbag wall and blowing yourself up.. crazy_o.gif

But that's just ArmA, its so open anything can happen wink_o.gif

...the canons back at the batallion that are too far behind the sandbags so they cannot shoot the tanks (you can aim at them, but you'll only shoot into the sand bags right in front of you) and not a single soldier back at platoon that carries an rpg with him, so you're kind of all alone up to all the tanks left, which was 4 in my case... 1 man against 4 tanks? that REALLY takes a few tries. and it's not that realistic i think!

now i'm in the sanitation mission, which is very simply set up. and the stupid part is, that both the foxtrot teams and the bravo teams most of the time get whiped out completely. maybe one of them survives with you, but that's it! again very very unrealistic, these are special forces fighting some poorly trained bums who are sitting there. special forces should whipe them out with one SF casualty at most.

I agree with these points...and yet, the game still rocks...go figure. crazy_o.gif

I don't understand how should I destroy the bridge... I've tried to put the 5 satchels under and over the bridge and still it won't be destroyed. This is getting very frustrating!

I don't understand how should I destroy the bridge... I've tried to put the 5 satchels under and over the bridge and still it won't be destroyed. This is getting very frustrating!

Put all 5 in the middle of the bridge. ON the bridge.

Run to the ammo crate, and get weapons, then, observe the bridge.

just make a small x in the middle of bridge with satchels and enjoy the show.

this mission does hang up but you can complete. after you get the ammo take out anybody leftover from the bridge then run straight for the boat and travel north to fight off the tanks engaging the 3rd platoon. stay behind the sand bags in a crouching position . don't use the howitzers their for long range only just stick with the bazooka and blow them to hell. hop in the hummer and you should get at least 5 bars.

Well... I, for example, didn't see any boat near the bridge 3.

I detonated the charges when then Ural was on them (easier without 8 grunts fireing @ you).

Eliminated the BMP's and then followed the river inland, and ran to the hill - Mission Complete.

Well... I, for example, didn't see any boat near the bridge 3.

I detonated the charges when then Ural was on them (easier without 8 grunts fireing @ you).

Eliminated the BMP's and then followed the river inland, and ran to the hill - Mission Complete.

the boat is the river toward the southern part where the crew that drop you off placed their demo charge. youll see a bridge thats blown up by your guys .

the boat is the river toward the southern part where the crew that drop you off placed their demo charge. youll see a bridge thats blown up by your guys .

Trust me - there was no boat. Looked on and under the bridge - nothing.

And as I've heard from my friends, I'm not the only one.

Hmmm. I found this straightforward.

I ran to the middle of the bridge, placed two charges on the opposing sides, ran back where I was left and placed the remaining three charges under the bridge. Then ran south along the shore and up some stairs to the AT weapon cache (while listening to the scout UAZ whipping bullets past my ears).

Took the AT gun, full payload of rockets and two mags for the assault rifle to deal with ejecting crew members and at this point the game autosaves and I hear the "FLASH FLASH FLASH!" so I blow the bridge (which took down two BMP's. The other blew into small bits, the other went under when the bridge collapsed).

At that point the commander told me to harass the enemy with AT fire until out of ammo and/or targets and then get the hell out of dodge, "good luck kid".

I blew up a BMP that got over the bridge, watched in glee as one T72 drove into the river on the other side and got stuck in the water; shot the crew as they climbed out and put three rockets on it. Bang.

The T72 that gets over the bridge was driving around in a confused manner: I popped an AT round up it's tailpipe, killed the crew as they jumped out and finished the thing. I also shot up some enemy soldiers running around, probably crew from abandoned BMP's and the UAZ, who knows.

Yeah no boat waiting for me either. I think the boat might be destroyed when they blow the bridge and concrete and stell fall on it. Or not if you luck out. Like in OFP, not _everything_ goes nor should go according to plan or what your commander says so what's the fuss? You don't NEED the boat it's just a neat add-on if it's there.

Since I took my time at the bridge the objective of linking up with Platoon III timed out and I was told to simply extract. I went to see Platoon III anyhow, saw they were on a lazy shooting match with a BMP and two T72's and left them to that. Not my problem, what can I do? Reload 20 times while I try to destroy them alone? Nah.

I hopped into a hummer and drove SW towards the road, slightly before reaching it I got the "Mission Complete" message.

Honestly you don't have to destroy ALL the armor roaming around to accomplish the mission and nowhere does it say so: your mission is to blow the bridge, do what extra damage you can inflict and escape that hellhole alive. Just blow up the bridge, take down what you can, link up with Platoon III and help them if you have the time and if not, just pay them a short visit so you can extract your arse with a hummer.

I'm having the same problem trying this mission with Uk version 1.05.

No matter where i place the charges the bridge will not blow underneath or on top plus i start the mission with no ammunition for my rifle so can't even defend myself. If i run to the ammo crates first then the bridge i end up getting creamed by the first of the T72's and BMP's as they have already started to cross.

I've been trying this for 3 hours now and it's really starting to annoy me. banghead.gif

I'm having the same problem trying this mission with Uk version 1.05.

No matter where i place the charges the bridge will not blow underneath or on top plus i start the mission with no ammunition for my rifle so can't even defend myself. If i run to the ammo crates first then the bridge i end up getting creamed by the first of the T72's and BMP's as they have already started to cross.

I've been trying this for 3 hours now and it's really starting to annoy me. banghead.gif

Sounds like a bugged patch version. Look, have you tried placing TWO charges ABOVE, in the middle of the bridge, and THREE charges UNDER the bridge, at the location where you start, right on the the pillars under the bridge and spaced out evenly? Don't go into the water.

After you do that run to the ammo crates taking the shore route, there are stairs that lead you to the crates. You'll be protected from the evil UAZ if you take the shore path.

_Then_ pick up ammo and rockets to defend yourself, you have just enough time to re-arm before it's time to drop the bridge.

Blow all the five charges when you hear "FLASH FLASH FLASH."

If the bridge STILL does not collapse, shoot two or three rockets on the bridge. I had the bridge not collapse a few times, but I fed some rockets on the spot I had placed my charges on (a BMP happened to be on the spot as well and blew up) and voila: down it went.

Have finally managed to complete this mission after re-installing the game and re-downloading the patch.

I had to blow the bridge in the end with the M136 as the satchel charges still wouldn't blow it.

Thanks for the advice Ligur.

I wouldn't have thought an M136 round was enough to blow up a bridge, damage the concrete a bit maybe, but not bring it down crazy_o.gif

I just placed all 5 satchels on top of each other in rapid succession up against the bridge abutment underneath the bridge (not in the water). Blew first time with no problems.

Loaded up with launcher rounds, took out one Ural and a couple of troops then grabbed a jeep to head for the allied lines. Found the artillery was useless so got back in the jeep, headed uphill - mission complete - easy!

Yes, broken. No specifics on what to do with the charges, no blowing of bridge no matter what you do with them anyway, EXTRAORDINARILY good shooting from ALL of the enemies, which leads to instant death if you put a foot wrong.. Yes, I'm well and truly stuck here and would appreciate a method of actually blowing the bridge (I mean, they seem to have cocked up the whole point of the mission here.. icon_rolleyes.gif )

Dying to love this game, but a bit pissed off at the AI, plus nonexistent scripting here.. confused_o.gif

i have destroyed the bridge , but then i have to destroy the remainings tanks and BMP's and they always kill me , i have tried at least 50 times consecutively (*/&%%$$·"·@#~€€ ) and i'm thinking to stamp the computer against the wall mad_o.gif , like gastovsky used to say , am i bad ...or am i bad ? crazy_o.gifconfused_o.gif

If it is getting that frustrating (games should never be frustrating, just fun and possibly a bit challenging) then turn down the skill of the AI in the settings a few notches.

You don't have to take out the BMP's and tanks, just grab a jeep and (using cover) drive like hell to the US camp on the hill as instructed in the mission, then extract even further up the hill for the mission to end.

Ok people, I've worked out how the bridge goes down: There's a break in the textures at the centre of the bridge. Even just three satchel charges will blow it if placed in a line across the bridge on that line.

HTH somebody.

placing all 5 charges in one spot will destroy the bridge anyway, no matter where you place them. wink_o.gif

i have destroyed the bridge , but then i have to destroy the remainings tanks and BMP's and they always kill me , i have tried at least 50 times consecutively (*/&%%$$·"·@#~€€ ) and i'm thinking to stamp the computer against the wall mad_o.gif , like gastovsky used to say , am i bad ...or am i bad ? crazy_o.gifconfused_o.gif

Matey, if you read the thread you should know you don't NEED to combat the enemy armor. I shot some up for fun and games, but you don't need to do that to accomplish the mission. You are asked to "harass the enemy".

Ignore the armor if they feel too hard to take down, haul ass to platoon III and take a hummer. Drive away. Mission accomplished.

You could also edit the game a little and reduce friendly and enemy shooting precision so they are not such cracks shots all the time. They ignore grass and other visual problems the player has to face anyhow so I don't think it's unfair to do so, especially when you get to the point where a game is not fun anymore but instead frustrating.

edit: d'oh, mbv above gave basically the same advice already smile_o.gif