Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Hardware and settings for ArmA

I apologize in advance if this is innapropriate to the topic or category of this section of the forum.

I am sorry I am not a whiz enough at computers to determine this myself but I was wondering if you could tell me how my comp would run (if at all) ARMA.

9600 radeon atlantis video card.
    1.5 gigs of ram
    intel pentium 4
    cpu 2.4ghz 2.39ghz

If any more info is required please let me know.

I will be playing this on single player only if that matters.

I have Pentium D 2.8ghz
    2GIG DDR2 Ram 400mhz
    512 ATI Radeon x1300

and the game on medium is still rubbish, also I find the game completely rubbish its bugged to F>>>K I am very Dissapointed in it.

Private First Class
    AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    1.00 GB of RAM
    XFX GeForce 6800 GS/XT (AGP)

I can play with a good performance and quality !!! here my settings:

1024 x 768 x 32 ***@ 4:3 normal 75 Hz

Visibility: 1200

Terrain: Very High *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***Antistr.Filter: High
    Objects: Very High *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** Shadow: Disabled
    Texture: Normal *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** AntiAliasing: Very High
    Shading: Normal *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** Blood: High
    PostProcessing: Low

Thanks

\"Turks can be killed,but can't be beaten!\"Napoléon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by (smellyjelly @ Feb. 19 2007,16:42)
    I have almost the same specs as you jfri, except I have an AMD64 3000+. I can run the demo with most settings on low, but with textures on normal. It still looks good though.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2...ttings2cp2.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4...gbridgegg8.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5...hootingyi3.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5...hootingda6.jpg

The only problem is that the settings are limited in the demo. As far as I know, the view distance slider does nothing. I also had to force AA 4x from the control panel because the in game settings didn't seem to do anything either.

But the fps remains high enough most of the time. Be sure you update you Video Card drivers, and Directx. When I enter large forest then I notice a tiny bit of slowdown. Big cities also used to slowdown my computer, but I haven't checked after updating the software.
    If I understand you correct you have an identical graphics card as me? I'm sure the video card is the most critical part for performence in a game like this.
    According to the pics you set the sliders rather low. But maybe the retail game has better performence than the demo?

Quote Originally Posted by (FlyFisher @ Feb. 19 2007,22:58)
    AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    1.00 GB of RAM
    XFX GeForce 6800 GS/XT (AGP)

I can play with a good performance and quality !!! here my settings:

1024 x 768 x 32 ***@ 4:3 normal 75 Hz

Visibility: 1200

Terrain: Very High *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***Antistr.Filter: High
    Objects: Very High *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** Shadow: Disabled
    Texture: Normal *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** AntiAliasing: Very High
    Shading: Normal *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** Blood: High
    PostProcessing: Low

Thanks

Has your video card DDR3 memory?

Private First Class
    @jfri,
    Yes DDR3
    My Card is from XFX
    NVIDIA GeForce 6800 XT 256MB DDR3 AGP
    and here the link for the details
    XFX GeForce 6800 XT

Does anyone here have ArAs running with a LEADTEK WinFast A7600GT-TDH AGP ?
    How does it perform ?
    I´m simply refusing to buy a new comp right now as I´m very confident that prices will drop alot by the end of the year so I´m searching for an interim solution that is good enough to play ArAs on an acceptable level.
    The other hardware is 2,8 Athlon XP clocked, 2 Gig DDR Ram and regular IDE HD´s with about 300 Gigs.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    A reference for those with minimum specs, especially the video card.

In the MP demo (5116)

Hardware:
    p4 northwood (HT off) 3000 @ 3300 (220 fsb)
    AGP Raedon 9600xt 128mb (500gpu/300ram) @ 550/350
    1024mb Ram @ 2.5,3,3,5

Graphics settings - all on low except :
    textures: very low
    shadows: disabled
    antiAliasing : disabled
    blood : high

ViewDistance is fixed in the demo at ~1200m.

Frame Rates (using Fraps 1.9) :
    1280x960, 15-30 fps.
    1024x768, 25-40 fps.
    640x480, 50-100 fps.

The only really bad thing I've noticed is looking the ocean will reduce my fps to around 5, and it is rendered one shade of blue.

[self-promotion]
    OFP:R Island : Rezina
    [/self-promotion]

Quote Originally Posted by (jfri @ Feb. 20 2007,01:37)
    Quote Originally Posted by (smellyjelly @ Feb. 19 2007,16:42)
    I have almost the same specs as you jfri, except I have an AMD64 3000+. I can run the demo with most settings on low, but with textures on normal. It still looks good though.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2...ttings2cp2.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4...gbridgegg8.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5...hootingyi3.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5...hootingda6.jpg

The only problem is that the settings are limited in the demo. As far as I know, the view distance slider does nothing. I also had to force AA 4x from the control panel because the in game settings didn't seem to do anything either.

But the fps remains high enough most of the time. Be sure you update you Video Card drivers, and Directx. When I enter large forest then I notice a tiny bit of slowdown. Big cities also used to slowdown my computer, but I haven't checked after updating the software.
    If I understand you correct you have an identical graphics card as me? I'm sure the video card is the most critical part for performence in a game like this.
    According to the pics you set the sliders rather low. But maybe the retail game has better performence than the demo?
    I'm not sure about the retail game being better than the demo.

I went in today and messed with the opintions. I figured out that AA would work in game, I don't know why I thought it didn't. Still, I'm pretty sure the view distance, terrain, possibly a few other options are limited. Can anyone confirm this?

That just makes finding the best settings harder. I guess I'm going to download fraps and view the fps.

Oh yea, since AA can improve performance, has anyone tried increasing their resolution? I read that would also help.

Ok, I tested out my fps. I made my own LAN CTI server, locked it, and started in the forest as SLA. My fps was surprisingly an average of 25. It looked like 30+ the whole time. Then when enemies started to attack and I looked in the forest, but my fps dropped to 15. It was almost impossible to kill them. Then I got into a tank and drove through the forest, but at one point the fps went as low as 5. That was odd because it's never happened before.

I did fly the helicopter around for a couple minutes and the fps remained at 18-20, yet it looked perfect.

about helicopter flying,, i have a question, its no secret, that theres an issue using 2 controllers with arma , my joystick and nostromo pad will not work at same time, i heard there was a patch to fix this coming, any word on when?

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast