Sign in to follow this  
Lodgey

Chopper insertion/extraction/insertion

Hey all, i been trying to make a mission for a few days now and have come pretty far in that time..... However i cant get my helicopter to do as i ask, i will try to explain the best way i can so here goes: (the name of my chopper is Heli)

Heli load -> loads the inf from the main base which works fine

Heli move -> i have this so he gets to destination which works perfectly

Heli Transport unload -> Unloads troops near the battle, works fine

(Now it goes wrong)

Heli Move (On Act: Heli land "LAND") -> The helicopter lands but does not shut off engines and wait there! instead he oes straight to neg waypoint which is...

Heli Load -> its synchronised with the squad i dropped down saying GET IN as there waypoint which is activated after all enermy are dead in town.

Heli Move -> the heli moves off to next target, which it doesnt do as it never appears on the Heli Load WP.

I need the heli to hold at Heli Move (On Act: Heli land "LAND") till the objective one is complete and the squad is ready to move on but the heli either never arrives or it just keeps flying waiting till the troops are ready for pckup, i tried to synchronise the Heli Move (On Act: Heli land "LAND") to go when objective one is complete but still no luck.

Really hope someone out there can help me out thanks in advance and if any questions please ask.

Thanks

Lodgey

help.gif

Add this to your land waypoint on activation:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">dostop Heli; Heli land "LAND"

Then, when you want the chopper to continue use this code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Heli dofollow Heli

And it will continue on with its waypoints.

Thanks for the reply, it kind of works and kind of doesnt one helicopter lands and waits fine but he then will not lift off again the next waypoint for him would be load and the troops have a waypoint for get in that is sycronised to it. Also i got to new helicopters doing very similar yet they do not respond the same way as the first helicopter, these ones wont even land even using the commands - dostop Heli1; Heli1 land "LAND"

Heli1 and Heli2 are names of the other choppers and they are not grouped together.

Ive tried linking there waypoint to triggers but still they will not land and wait to move on to next target, even though Heli which is the 1st chopper does.

I've been trying to do it myself lately. I figured out that a waypoint's on activation line fires up only after all conditions (including synchronized waypoints) are met. I haven't yet succeeded in making a heli wait for me if it has more waypoints after the pickup. Well, it waits, it just doesn't stop, no matter what I do (doStop,disableAI "MOVE",...).

DisableAI "MOVE" works fine with ground vehicles, though - they stop dead. After you're done loading, you can do enableAI "MOVE" and the vehicle goes on... However, with helicopters, {doStop heli;heli disableAI "MOVE";heli land "LAND"} does nothing. {heli land "LAND"} works, the helicopter just doesn't stay there, no matter if it's AI is enabled or not.

EDIT: As far as my experience (not extensive) and knowledge (not extensive either) goes, the only truly certain way to make the heli wait for the squad is to make the extraction waypoint the last one and add any further waypoints via script when the heli gets boarded (heli addEventHandler ["GetIn",{heli addWaypoint [NewWPPos,0]}] for example - in this example the heli would go off the moment anyone got in).

Or perhaps while {!(unit in heli)} do {heli land "LAND"}? The 10000-cycle limit exists, though.

What I know for sure is that if the waypoint is synchronized, it's pointless to write anything in the On Activation field... It gets done only when the synchronized waypoint is done (that is, if your group isn't at the Get In waypoint before the heli arrives at the Load waypoint, the heli waypoint's On Activate won't run at all and the heli will just continue flying in a straight line).

Anyway, these are just a few ideas - I'd love to know how to do it more easily.

Is there a way to "record" flying so you can fly tactical into a hot LZ, record that and make the AI fly exactly the same?

Is there a way to "record" flying so you can fly tactical into a hot LZ, record that and make the AI fly exactly the same?

No.

You can use the condition field (replace true with your condition) of the waypoint or you can sync the waypoint with a trigger but i dont know if it works any better in Arma... in MP...

Just be sure you have something in those condition fields (you might have played around with it, deleted and forgot) otherwise the WP wont work.

Anyone figured this comand yet?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDestination

huh.gif .