Sign in to follow this  
dentist guba

PC accessories for ARMA

which pc gaming accessories(e.g. track IR/3D goggles) are you using to play armed assault and how well do they work with it. (you could also say where you got it).

i use a saitek gamer pro keyboard. it comes with a 9 button accessory pad that has a dual mode/function key.(so effectively you can have 18 different programed keys) in the programming software, you can assign it it have one button do several keystrokes at once. but i havent messed with it too much in arma. im just starting to see what could be effective with this now.

also employ the usage of track-IR 3 PRO, originally for my flight sims, i had contacted many FPS creators to employ this as well. (have no idea if i was ever read or listened to) but im soooo glad BIS decided to go with this yay.gif its intuitive, and your SITUATIONAL AWERNES goes up so much more. it does nothing for your game other than making it FEEL more involved and "i am IN the game".

i use the saitek x52 controller as well. good controller that also can be programmed for different keystrokes/funtions. no problems with it, and enough buttons to make me happy

smile_o.gif i still have some HELO flight problems, but i will say its probably sensativity curves on my side, and in game dynamics that need to be ironed out some. but practice everyday goes a long way too.

my TIR still needs lots of tweak inorder to work perfectly on ArmA(to reduce motion sickness mainly, anyone have a good profile?)

i already have a joystick which isnt as good as those new one but it seems to work OK in ARMA

360 controller for flying!!

damn sight easier than the logitech freedom 2.4 joystick i have!! wink_o.gif

MSFFB2 joystick for flying.

I also tried driving with a momo racing, it surly improved driving, but you need to be pretty dedicated to that task to have the momo on your desk wink_o.gif

360 controller for flying!!

damn sight easier than the logitech freedom 2.4 joystick i have!!  wink_o.gif

Yep i use the 360 controller too for flying, great asset yay.gif

TIR 2 and a Thrustmaster FLCS + TQS HOTAS when airborn in chopper.

@ GAU-8: Spend some time tweaking your joystickSensitivity[] in your ArmAprofile and as you say practice makes perfect smile_o.gif

/KC

MSFFB2 joystick ( with modified settings in config = perfect)

Logitech TrackMan Wheel optical

TrackIR 4 Pro with TrackClipPro

I've got a logitech g5 and a saitek x-52.

I like the g5 because you can weight it and I find that I like my mice quite heavy. I never use the variable sensitivity settings because the mouse seems sensitive and precise enough at its nominal settings. I hear that some mouse-fliers report that getting out of dives is a bit hard and so being able to tap up the sensitivity might help there.

The x52 is- shall we say- excessive for arma. Flying fb + aep + pf religiously with this thing (and a number of other joystics) over the course of a year or so, I must say that I would not get anything else for that game. Despite the fact that it is gi-fucking-gantic (I really mean it, it's huge), it's precise like a rapier and the trim knobs and other button and hat features are all well within reach. The only buttons I don't use (flying il2) are the switches t1-t6 at the bottom of the flight stick. I find that if I'm going to reach over to toggle those things I may as well just hit a button on the keyboard. For Armed Assault, that joystick is completely wasted. The precise control and light handling of it is quite good to fight the helicopter's tendency to dance about when you're engaging autohover and attempting to settle it down, but otherwise there is simply more joystick than you really need.

has anyone actually tried the 3D goggles? (if you want to see them, just search for E-D 3D). i am wondering whether to get these with ARMA(and maybe track IR as well).

The eMagin Z800 with the built in head tracking works really really well. The low resolution kinda sucks (800x600) but flying a helo while wearing them is really sweet.

E-D 3D are for viewing those holographic images where the media shows alternate video layers and the specs allow one eye to view one layer and so on. They are not virtual reality gadgets they dont have monitor displays built in.

Quote[/b] ]E-D 3D are for viewing those holographic images where the media shows alternate video layers and the specs allow one eye to view one layer and so on. They are not virtual reality gadgets they dont have monitor displays built in.

but it does say they are for gaming and i read a review somewhere which said they worked well. could you explain more what you would actually see through them. if it just makes things float weirdly in mid air it can't be much use for gaming.

noob   biggrin_o.gif

Doc_no1 are you that Scottish twat I once knew, who used and abused me then abandond me in the gutter like a soggy fag end, if you are shoot me a PM with your contact number, if you aint ignore this message smile_o.gif