Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy

AI won't use binoculars continuously

I can't get the AI to use binoculars for more than a short second at a time. I've tried:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

man switchWeapon "Binocular";

And I've tried switchmove commands for every binocular related animation move I can find in the BIKI.

In every case, the AI lifts binoculars briefly, then switches back to weapon.

A loop just repeats the lift/switch back to weapon process repeatedly.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks.

If you want it to be static , try to use the corrensponding animation , with the "switchmove" command.

you might need a loop as well.

In OFP it was straight froward, as simba says. In Arma it does not appear to be as simple, based on the quick tests I've done with the anims. Unless someone can find the correct anim or combinations of, we may have to create a custom anim config.

in OPF the AI used binoculars nearly too often, slowing them down, maybe they overcorrected the issue

or the usage depends on the status of the unit?

stand/move/safe/aware/guard?

QuietMan

A classic "solution" to the ultra-fast binoc switching in OFP was to slow down time (setacctime <1) during the animation. Obviously that's not very useful if there's stuff going on in the background or if it's otherwise a dynamic scene (or simply not a cutscene). It's simple and it works though, if timed right. smile_o.gif

/Wolfrug out

Thanks everybody. It's for a cutscene, so Wolf's suggestion is working the best for me now. Timing it is a trial and error hassle, but whatever it takses.

The struggle just makes us stronger.