Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Problem with Upload-Bandwidth Dedicated Server!

Hi Guy's,

I'm running a local Dedicated Server and i found out why it always need's 2 - 3 min. for other Guy's to load my Mission.

Well i have installed a DSL Speed Manager and there i saw:

My DSL Up/Down: 224/2000 Kbit's

Now when someone comes to my Server and he load's the Mission the Upload is always between 20 - 50 Kbit's but i have 224 Kbit's.

What am i doing wrong? What can i do to giv my Server 224 Kbit's Upload?

Do i have to change something in the cfg of my Server?

What is "ISP" ?

If you mine my DSL Provider, well i have no problem with my DSL Connection just when i use the Dedicated Server i see that my Upload do not reach the maximum.

@ofpforum

Well i have D/U 2000/224 Kilobit's = D/U 200/24 Kilobyt's smile_o.gif

I know what are Kilobit's and Byte's the problem is only the Dedicated Server.

You divide by 8... not 10.

So its 250Kbyte/sec DOWN

and

28Kbyte/Sec UP smile_o.gif

Note that your up bandwidth will be split between the number of users (plus a small amount for any services or programs are trying to contact the internet).

The delay could also be due to the other players machine spec.. Before I upgraded my Gfx card, it took longer to load missions. So that is a factor.

There is more for each client to download than just the mission (info about other players, game state etc).

#C

ps.. ISP = Internet Service Provider. Your ADSL provider.

Yes okay you are right Cakes_x wink_o.gif

But hey i have 28Kbyte/Sec UP and when someone join's my Server and he load the Mission it's only between 40 - 60 also 4 - 6 Kbyte/Sec UP That's 1/4 of my Upload Bandwidh?

How can this be? I would understand it if it would be 20 Kbyte/Sec UP or 18 Kbyte/Sec UP but 4 - 6....

I would think that the game would only use a small amount of available bandwidth to upload missions to new users.

If it uploaded at the maximum rate, it would be Lag-City for all currently playing users. I think this was similar in OFP and im sure a lot of other games.

I mean, I have an 8meg line and missions (or maps in other games for example) do not download at anywhere near that speed (Assume I am the client).

How is the connection speed when the user has the map?

#C

So when the User's have the Map there is as good as no Bandwidth needed.

The main thing is the Upload, when the mission is loaded.

224kbps is not enough to host a dedicated server.

Under perfect condition you'll be able to host a game for 6 players on that kind of connection.