Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Next Generation U.S. military weapons

Warrant Officer
    if you watched discovery channel than you probaly seen this

this spiffy little toy is called the OICW (objective individual combat weapon)The OICW can be a dual- or single-barrel weapon. The removable top barrel hurls 20mm high-explosive air-bursting fragmentation rounds over the heads of hidden targets more than a half-mile away. The lower barrel shoots NATO-standard 5.56mm ammunition. These "kinetic" rounds provide accurate single-round or suppressive fire bursts at distances up to about 500 yards. A single trigger is linked to both barrels, by way of a laser-guided electronic fire-shot system as sophisticated as what you will find on a modern tank.

Warrant Officer
    Author of the Thread
    Objective Individual Combat Weapon (OICW)
    "No Place to Hide"

The Objective Individual Combat Weapon (OICW) is a next-generation infantry rifle system that will give American fighting troops an unprecedented capability on the 21st century battlefield.

In 1999, the program completed its Proof of Principles phase and in August, 2000, ATK was awarded a four-year Program Definition and Risk Reduction phase to incorporate lessons learned from the initial three advanced technology weapons built. After the end of PDRR, soldiers will conduct a mini-operation testing program to evaluate changes made and provide recommendations for the two-year engineering manufacture development phase (2005-07).

Starship Troopers anyone?

Warrant Officer
    Author of the Thread
    heres a pic of the new crusaider looks like

Arent they making thee next gen tanks out of high density plastics.

In case any of you lot are wetting your self’s to fire a digitised version of the OCIW I will recommend Ghost Recon for it shame it is a crap game.
    I\'m no doubt soon to be banned so bye.
    *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
    Spam land

Warrant Officer
    Author of the Thread
    there is also a new machine gun that will replace the M-60 its similar to OCIW capabilities such as the ability to fire "smart bullets" that denonate above a target thats taken cover behind a object. unlike other machine guns is very light weight and doesnt need the heavy sandbags sitting on the feet of the tripod. its a pretty cool weopon, it was on the same show that i saw the OCIW on discovery channel. is somebody could tell me what it is i'll find some nice pics.

Warrant Officer
    Author of the Thread
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Monkey Lib Front @ Feb. 03 2002,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Arent they making thee next gen tanks out of high density plastics.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    plastic make things possible
    i dont think so, sounds interesting though where did you hear that?

its a very nice gun, no doubt, looks very cool and would no doubt look cool and be really effective on the battlefield, but this is just a case of the Us spending way to much money for pointless stuff, i mean, it seems now rthe only way NATO will fight the enemy is to bomb the fuck out of them, gain air superiority, bomb them some more, send in some spec ops (who will no doubt use older guns for ages because they&#39;re tried and tested, just like always) and then use ground troops to take in refugees and captives.

It is a nice gun, but i doubt it&#39;ll have a major impact on any kind of ground warfare.

and watching &#39;&#39;Future Fighting Machines&#39;&#39; on bravo shows us already there are loads more cooler guns coming out that piss on it anyway (like that pistol that fires loads of heat seeking grenades and stuff)

10.   This is the last Developer post in this thread.   #10
    Would it be pedantic to say that the "Ultimate Infantry Weapon" is a well trained soldier?
    Please do not PM or Email me directly about your CD Key issues, follow the guidance in this thread instead.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast