Sign in to follow this  
evilnate

How to make helo hover/land over building?

I've been trying to get a AI controlled MH-6 to drop off the playables on a building then fly away. Every time I try, the chopper lands next to the building (hotel) instead of on the roof. When I give it a move command over the building it stops about a block away like it's afraid to go near the hotel.

If someone could help with this I would really appreciate it.

try using flyinheight , make chopper go to building and then tell him flyinheight whatever height of building is. if you make the height maybe 2 feet above building height the troops can still get in or out .

deano, i've tried that before but the helo refuses to fly directly over the hotel, no matter what height.

I also checked out that thread before posting this one and I didn't see anything for landing on buildings, just landing on a invisible H.

If I can't get this figured out I'll just write it off as another 1.02 bug - and hope it gets fixed and try to think of a different scenario.

sad_o.gif

Not got the game, so don't know if this would work, but have you put an Inv H on the roof of the hotel? seem to remember playing about with that in ofp but it was a while ago so I might not have gotten it to work. Sorry if I'm covering old ground.

Yes, I placed a invisible H on the roof and the chopper still landed beside the hotel.

One thing I DIDN'T try was setting the height of the invisible H to the same level as the roof; I will try that tonight.

i believe sanc was informing someone else of same problem. he suggested that this worked in ofp

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cobra flyinheight 25

cobra move getpos cobra

~.1

cobra flyinheight 10

cobra move getpos cobra

i guess he is saying it needs a move point for it to fly down. and even if that point is where it is dont matter ?

anyway give it a whirl.

any news on how to do the hovering?

I wanted to let a blackhawk hover above a "castle" (HD32 right lower corner) but instead the chop just flys next to it. It wont even land on the plateau. It lands at the foot of the hill and the ai sp jump out.