Sign in to follow this  
Winters!

Problem using llauma Heads

Well im using some llauma's head model but when im onboard in a HMWWV i can see the eyes and the nose also the mouth does anyone know what im doing wrong ?

Here's the pic :

PIC1

Thx confused_o.gif

You should probably get rid of the head in the 1st person view LOD.. that's the only thing that comes to my mind at the moment

yeas Dave8 is right, open the model, and delete in the ViewPilot LOD the head and everything related to it

Theres no head on the ViewPilot LOD

thx for your help anyways guys

sad_o.gif

the pilot view LOD and the .cpp are completely irelevant for this problem. when you enter a vehicle the 1st person view switches from the pilot view LOD to the 1st res LOD.

in this LOD everything belonging to the head must be defined as hlava, otherwise it is still visible.

there are also yet unsolved problems with hiddenselections used within the hlava-selection. if there are faces pointing inside (where the pilot-vertex is in the Mem LOD is, that's your point of perspective so to speak), then any setobjecttexture'ed faces keep being visible when you enter a vehicle (or move into a proxy to be precise.), no matter if these faces are setobjecttexture'ed to "no texture" or not.

check these threads:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....+helmet

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....+helmet

http://www.ofpec.com/index.p....22267.0

I can't solve this problem i did select every gear including the head in "hlava" in the first LOD, but i have a question do u know the number of the LOD ?

Sry 4 doble posting

thx

In addition to what remcen said,

For my own model editing i had such problem as it seemed the hlava/head injury selections were not really having all the faces it needed to have : look closely this 1st LOD :

badddddpo7.jpg

Notice that despite all vertices for the head injury and hlava selections seems to be selected , in fact all the faces are not, and so ingame as the 1st LOD is used for 1st person view in vehicle, the beret of that unit will appear in the view, the same if there was an unselected face located near the mouth.

So by adjusting and redefining the selection , this would the work correctly, just don't forget to refine the change for the head injury and hlava selections.

goooodys4.jpg

And do this for every LODs , just to be sure.

But that's not totally all, if you are totally sure every faces and vertices are correctly defined for the hlava and head injury selections, that you did not forget a single faces there, and that the problem continue , try to add a selection named " mireni " in which you would add the faces that continue to appear in the view.

example :

mireniiiiwm9.jpg

Thx for your post Sanctuary let's see if this works

regard thx for your help guys inlove.gif