2Nd Template:

- Sleeves

- Gloves

- Wireframe

- Eyes

- Haircuts/Hair colours

Enjoy it, let's C ya

Edited by wipman

wipman +1WL for a pic above 100kb. That's your 5th WL. As it "only" was a pic you're not perm banned but you're 30 days post restricted.

This is a great idea. Use http://imageshack.us/ for a host, it's easy, no need to register and free. Be sure as to use the "thumbnail 1" option after you upload it so as not to incure the wrath of the admins.

Here is my submission. Going back to my Ghost Recon Days.

facerq5.th.jpg

i like the idea guys smile_o.gif but would it be easier to just put all the faces into an addon as a facepack and have these faces selectable form the main menu (profile\edit) ?

i have done this with the custom faces i've got, that way if you felt the urge to you could then apply the faces to AI units (as many as u want) at the same time as using your own. I haven't seen any facepacks for ArmA yet and there were quite a few for good old OFP quite early on.

Thats maybe a very stupid question but...erm... how do i use the custom faces  whistle.gif

The old OFP way didnt work for me i put the edited arma texture in the player folder in jpg format and it doesnt show up in ArmA.

What the heck is wrong, havent found info on this in the manual and noone i asked knew this...

There is an folder in your "My Documents" where you can put your custom face in your profile folder. I have altered the location of that folder to be in the root folder of ArmA with the -profile switch. So now my ArmA shortcut looks like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">H:\Games\ArmedAssault\ARMA.EXE -nosplash -profiles=H:\Games\ArmedAssault\Users

and my face location is:

Quote[/b] ]H:\Games\ArmedAssault\Users\Sniperwolf572\face.jpg

Hope it helps.

Would anyone know why when I create a custom face it’s pale?

I’ve used the default face as a base so the skin colour is the same.

confused_o.gif

confused_o.gif

You have an ATI graphics card, right? That's a known bug. sad_o.gif

confused_o.gif

convert it too .paa and put it back into the folder where the face.jpg should be. The .paa should be called face.paa.

This way worked for me.

confused_o.gif

You have an ATI graphics card, right? That's a known bug. sad_o.gif

Ahhh thats why my face looked so funny ingame.... at first i thought maybe i was just too white. biggrin_o.gif

bah... i just named it wrong... face.jpg... right... and i somehow was thinking it was named custom.jpg back then... how embarassing goodnight.gif

This works (as far as I can tell) but the file size increases using TexView.

84.0 KB = 684 KB

Is there any other program (besides PAATool) which converts jpg to paa? crazy_o.gif

Is it possible to use a custom face in the demo version as i've placed my face.jpg in My documents/ArmA Demo, the custom face option is present, and i can see it fine, but when i enter a MP session my face and arms are white. I just wanted to be able to create my user face before i get the full game in february.

Is it possible to use a custom face in the demo version as i've placed my face.jpg in My documents/ArmA Demo, the custom face option is present, and i can see it fine, but when i enter a MP session my face and arms are white. I just wanted to be able to create my user face before i get the full game in february.

It's because the image is over 100kb. confused_o.gif

Doh!!!

I should of remembered that. I just proves i don't play much MP..Thanks for the quick reply Talyn, it's much appreciated. It works fine now biggrin_o.gif

Hi, i've putted all the 19 woodland camoed faces in a .rar file that

has been released at: www.armedassault.eu i'll like to do a stand alone addon, a faces pack... with those faces and with one more face that i should do; but the problem is that i don't know and no one that i know, knows how to do a working config for the ArmA that makes the faces work, any help on this field will be very apreciated.

I hope that you like those custom faces. Let's C ya

Hi, this an example of one of those faces that aren't included into

the .rar file that can be found there; keep in mind that it isn't that

noticeable the face tattos when you're a GI (aka General Infantry)

but i hope that you like it anyways.

Punk's Not Dead:

punkarma.jpg

Let's C ya

Great stuff from you wipman =)

I need a Bruce Willis Customface can anyone made it? And how do i install the face because i have two playerprofiles.

Hi, to use the custom faces Black Dragon, just rename the face that you like to: "face.jpg". Now copy it to your: "C:\Documents and Settings\"USER"\My documents\ArmA Other Profiles\"Player Name". Folder; if you have various profiles... just copy it inside each one.

About the Bruce Willys face... sorry, i fear that the ArmA face texture is too big as for transform the OFP face versions that we had. So sorry, but i don't gonna do it, but sure that some other much better texturer than me will do; just be patient... it'll get some day. Let's C ya

Hi, Olemiss, i readed into a Nam slang page that the Marines called the army guys: GI = General Infantry. So i thought that it will still being used this days. Sorry to every one if i told you something that's 100% wrong. Let's C ya

Hi, i've made another camoed face, i made it with metalic eyes, i think that may be pimp... and once in game, it don't looks so bad i think; judge for yourself.

In Game:

nuface.jpg

Let's C ya

Hi, i've made another fully camoed head; this time for substitute that dead insurgent face, as "special feature" this one have a nice pair of red eyes with a vertical pupile and a pair of bad looking gloves. But they seem to fit with the face camo surpringly; i hope that you like it anyways.

In Game:

othernu.jpg

Let's C ya