Sign in to follow this  
andersgrim

Desert Patrol Vehicle

Hey,

I found an old DPV model on my harddisk some days ago. I decided to compile a playable version out of it. It contains a few scripts, and I quickly threw together a SEAL driver model from some old model parts I found as well, using OFP standard weapons to make it an independent addon.

The addon is version 0.9 as I am not completely satisfied with it, but I am afraid I do not have much more time for addons, making it one of the last releases I'll manage.

It does, however, not contain any example mission. If anyone creates a mission using this addon, please post it in this thread. smile_o.gif

If anyone has serious interests in finishing it for a version 1.0, or converting it to Armed Assault, contact me at andersgrim[at]gmail.com.

See this as your new years gift from me.

Regards,

andersgrim

Quote[/b] ]

dpv1.jpg

Desert Patrol Vehicle

Version 0.9

by andersgrim (andersgrim@gmail.com)

DESCRIPTION

==========

This addon includes a Desert Patrol Vehicle and a US Navy SEAL Driver.

The DPV is found under West\Car\Desert Patrol Vehicle.

The driver is found under West\Men\SEAL (DPV)

REQUIREMENTS

==========

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance v1.96

FEATURES

==========

- Mostly accurate Desert Patrol Vehicle model

- US Navy SEAL Driver

- OFP vehicles are bugged in 1st person view as the wheels will appear static and not rotate. This has been "fixed" by a texture workaround.

- You can start a mission getting paradropped with your DPV. To issue, write the following in the units init line: < this setPos [(getPos this select 0),(getPos this select 1),250] >

- If you get a flat tyre, repair it by easily replacing it with one of the two backup tyres.

KNOWN BUGS

==========

- Cannot repair DPV when inside the vehicle

- Texture bugs on the SEAL Driver

- Parachute textures have bugged lighting

- Parachute disappears when landing

- Gunner animations may look weird

- Gunner aiming is weird (But remember he is seated in a static seat)

FURTHER DEVELOPEMENT

==========

Version 0.9 is as far as I can take this addon. If you are interested in the v1.0 developement, converting it to Armed Assault or editing it in general, contact me.

CREDITS

==========

- Paradrop script based on a script by Sebastian Müller.

- Some SEAL textures made by Hyakushiki.

- DPV description by Wikipedia

FACTS

==========

The Desert Patrol Vehicle (DPV), formerly called the Fast Attack Vehicle, is a high-speed, lightly-armored sandrail-like vehicle first used in combat during the Gulf War in 1991. Due to their dash speed and off-road mobility, the DPVs were used extensively during Operation Desert Storm. The first U.S. forces to enter Kuwait City were U.S. Navy SEALs in DPVs. The DPV is currently operated only by SEAL Team THREE, the unit assigned to the Middle East.

Read the rest of this interesting reading at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Patrol_Vehicle

STAMP

==========

Addon version 0.9

December 31st, 2006

andersgrim

dpv2.jpg

dpv3.jpg

dpv6.jpg

dpv7.jpg

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>DOWNLOAD (3.4 MB)</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Thanks to Scratch Modworks for hosting</span>

MIRROR #1, OFP.info

Ahahhahahahah EXCELLENT!

After me waiting for 5 years it finally arives to ofp! thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifwow_o.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I get the feeling this'll go excellently with Laser's USN SEALs and AfghanEveron. Sounds like a well put together addon; if I don't have a second post in this thread confirming that, it's because I'm too busy bouncing it around on some desert island somewheres, chasing down the enemy.

Thanks for your work, won't be wasted.

Wow great work !! Downloading now.

OFP isn´t dead !

Does the gunner have animations? He kinda sits there with his hands in his lap. I know that's a known bug though.

There is an untextured muzzle flash on the .50 caliber, and the DPV could probably do with some kit stowed on the side-runners and the like. Other than that it's a solid addon, good kit to have.

Thanks for nice feedback, and thanks for the mirror - much appreciated.

As for the gunner, maybe it would be better to use the ZSU gunner anims. It would take some repositioning of the gunner proxy in the model, but as you say, it'd probably look better than the current "inactive" gunner.

Kit and/or ammo in the side baskets is a good idea. At first I wanted some law launcher proxies there (disappearing as you take them), but it would take a bit too much of the effort.

Other ideas are appreciated too, as anyone making the 1.0 version may want them (if anyone should be interested in doing so).

Errmmm... OFPCPL have a little problems with server, so that mirror is broken... new file soon wink_o.gif

I test it... it's really nice addon!

One what You can change is texture od front. It would be look great with dirty or something wink_o.gif

edit:

ok, now mirror is running: OFPC PL mirror

law launcher proxies

AT4 is much better biggrin_o.gif

FAV_026.jpg

I have some pictures stored of one of these with AT4's. If you want I can post them. I seem to remember posting them a long time ago for someone else... maybe it was you?

No, i dont think that was for me. but it is definitely a good idea!

Should work well. thanks for the mirror

blackdog, I remember that you did in fact post a picture of one that appeared to be an ex-Marine vehicle at least a year ago.