Sign in to follow this  
iLL

building class list

This should help fellow mission editors, a classlist with pictures of each building. This allows for people to make maps and add custom buildings that are not in the editor without using addons.

http://www.armaleague.com/buildingclasses

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE, THEIRS A GOOD 40MEG OF IMAGES ON THE PAGE AND 597 INDIVIDUAL PICS, SO BEAR WITH IT WHILE IT LOADS.

That's excellent. Coincidently, I was doing the same thing today.

I just created a mission (programmatically) today, containing all those same objects in it, each with a label. Wish I had waited 1 more day now. smile_o.gif

Edit: It works fine in IE, but original version might not work fully in FireFox.

I tried both the online and downloadable version and the images seem to stop at "Land_budova1" with the rest of the images appearing black. Is it just me or is something missing?

Also, you might be able to reduce the download size, by deleting the duplicate *.png files, since it appears to only be using the *.jpg files - not positive though. I often need to do that myself.

HMM, this is strange, some people are getting that problem, others load it fine, I'm not sure whats causing it, the original document was in word which i copied over to frontpage and then saved it as a html doc, it did all the image saving for me and it seemed to be all working fine, what happens when you open the index in a html editor, do you see all the images then.. or is it just when you open it with a browser im thinking their may be a limit to how many images you can load on one page somewhere?  mad_o.gif

BTW your mission sounds useful! still release it! some people may prefer to go through them ingame smile_o.gif

nice idea , but its been done for a while at ofpec .maybe you could ask if you could complete the list for them, seeing as ofpec is a massive site for editors etc ,would be nice to have it based there ?

ofpec config list

IMHO this document is in a much better format than the OFPEC list (where the links don't even seem to work) since I can just scroll down the document to find something that looks right. Thank you iLL!

However, I also have the 'black squares' problem, even with the downloaded version from armaleague. It looks to be like all the jpeg files after and including image100.jpg are blank. Do you use a tool somewhere that is assuming a 2-digit field by any chance ? wink_o.gif

*Edit* Wierd - if I open the htm file in MS Word it correctly displays all the pictures. It seems to be some strange MS behaviour. IE correctly displays all pictures, Firefox doesn't.

Thanks very much, I think I started this before ofpec, or before I knew ofpec had plans for putting screenshots to the classes but as sbsmac says, its a lot easier to scroll through the images than clicking the links and hoping to find something you want, but guys.. which ever way is easier for you.. you've got more choice now, hehe.

ofpec are welcome to do what they want with it as long as my names credited, that goes to anyone else for that matter.

also, the images should be all fixed now, instead of porting it to frontpage ive exported it straight from word (should of done it in the blinkin first place hehe crazy_o.gif )

Lemme no if any problems occur.. cheers guys!

iLL - I suggest adding a link to your list to the stickied 'Editor Database' thread smile_o.gif

great job, I have firefox and I can see all the images. THANKS!

Just curious...I did just the same thing. Only I didnt host them so others could see them. However, my objects are not named like Land_fence, rather they are named House. one after another ,

house

house

house

house

Did you use a different editor update that named them?

Or is this an effect of the Czech to English conversion from Sickboy? (thanks, sicky notworthy.gif )

I think I used the G85 update from a german link.

those labels are more helpful than just 'house' for every one.

Quote[/b] ]great job, I have firefox and I can see all the images. THANKS!

Just curious...I did just the same thing. Only I didnt host them so others could see them. However, my objects are not named like Land_fence, rather they are named House. one after another ,

house

house

house

house

Did you use a different editor update that named them?

Or is this an effect of the Czech to English conversion from Sickboy? (thanks, sicky )

I think I used the G85 update from a german link.

those labels are more helpful than just 'house' for every one.

Umm, I believe there the original, as to my knowledge the conversion patch doesn't touch buildings.pbo, and there stated as land_object name in there, I guess its just BIS's way of doing things.

Quote[/b] ]iLL - I suggest adding a link to your list to the stickied 'Editor Database' thread

Added wink_o.gif

in my 'buildings' class of units, you can see with this SS that I have many "house" units that are not distinguished. There are maybe 180 more "house" units in that list in my editor (with the G85 editor update applied)

I can tell you its not easy to identify each one biggrin_o.gif

screenshot

ah yes, editor upgrade, that is useful but its also an addon, which not everyone has, thats why mission makers use classes...as they require no addons smile_o.gif

Ok, here's the mission anyway, with all of the objects layed out in a grid, if you want to rearrange it or walk around in some of the more detailed buildings (like Tovarna1).

Note: this might stress your system due to all the textures.

ArmA_mission_ObjectsAndRuins_v1.rar (13kb)

- Turn on markers (F6) in the editor to see the labels (but they overlap unfortunately).

- The ruins are also included, but they're up far north with a big gap.

- I tried adding all the objects under the "buildings" folder from: furniture, misc and tents, but they didn't work. Maybe they use a different prefix than "Land_". The marker is still there though.

- Some objects which couldn't be found were replaced with Hut01 in the file.

Anyone got the original of this, ive been in touch with Ill who hasnt anymore, and none of the archive places ive looked at seems to have it.

I know Kronzky made a mission for this, but it crashes when you open the dodgy buildings which arnt meant to be in the game etc..

And seeing as my arma takes ages to load i hoped someone else might have a copy of it somewhere

I used to have an offline-copy of that whole page, but in some moment of retardedness I deleted it... So, I've been waiting for that site to come back up for ages now as well, but so far no luck...

But my Object Browser should work with all the standard ArmA buildings.

You'd have to navigate to "All | Static | Building" in the Object Browser, and then work your way through the lists.

Then you can create screenshots like these:

bld1.jpg

bld2.jpg

Perhaps somebody would have the time to do this?

Then we could add proper reference pictures to the Wiki, like we have for the vehicles page, for example.

I'll Have a go Perhaps then, at least I know where to look now, i seemed to look through most of that thing of yours and occasionaly for no apparent reason my ArmA would CTD.

At least your mission names them for you!!

//Edit

My Machine dosnt like doing this wink_o.gif The Quality of my pics is naff because my machine is

Ive been pointed to this

http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/armavehicles.php

Which seems to have almost everything

Unfortunately this zip file (as well as all the ones I could find on other ArmA sites) seem to have a problem with most of the images.

But I've contacted iLL directly. Perhaps he can still email me a copy, and then I'll find a good hosting place for it.

(I prefer this list to the OFPEC one, since normally you search by looks and not the name. That way it's a lot easier to quickly see all the images right away, rather than having to click on a dozen ones.)

I've downloaded to verify. The download works just as well as the original did and has the same viewing requirements as the original did.

Check the earlier posts and you'll see the requirement to view it is that it must use Internet Explorer or FireFox's "Switch Rendering Engine" IE option.

(I also have a 10mb version where I converted all the png files to jpg, deleted the png file and renamed all png ref's to jpg.)

That's weird...

I did try it in Explorer 6 & 7 (and even in Word 2007), but nothing but black boxes for the higher images.

Can you email me the 10MB version perhaps (kronzky at gmail dot com)? Thanks!

It works with IE 7 fine. The Armaholic one is binary identicle to the original one.

I uploaded the 10mb ver as buildingClassesLiteVer.zip. I could have made it even smaller if I deleted all the plain black images too.

With this i am updated Sickboys editor with english names for the houses, by looking at the pictures and making my own description for it e.g. Red House 2 Storys E

Cheers Dr_Eyeball, and Matt that sounds ace mate, any chance you can get some of the extra things editor 102 enabled in without needing the custom classes?

The building class list has been a great asset, thanks.

However I am having trouble finding a certain one.

What i am looking for is the panel walls that are usually used to surround military bases. On the class list I see three, the woodland camo, civi, and desert camo listed as:

Land_zed_dira

Land_zed_dira_civil

Land_zed_dira_desert

These are the type of wall I want to use, but each is a section with a hole in it, not ideal for creating an enclosed wall.

I have tried removing the zed, or dira part hoping that was in reference to the hole part...but no luck.

I really just want the intact wall segment. Any help is appreciated.

this is a handy tool, and one that I lost when I got a new computer. ArmAholic link is giving me 4 kb/s crazy_o.gif .

Can a good samaritan provide a faster link?

much thanks notworthy.gif

The building class list has been a great asset, thanks.

However I am having trouble finding a certain one.

What i am looking for is the panel walls that are usually used to surround military bases.  On the class list I see three, the woodland camo, civi, and desert camo listed as:

Land_zed_dira

Land_zed_dira_civil

Land_zed_dira_desert

These are the type of wall I want to use, but each is a section with a hole in it, not ideal for creating an enclosed wall.

I have tried removing the zed, or dira part hoping that was in reference to the hole part...but no luck.

I really just want the intact wall segment.  Any help is appreciated.

Still looking for names of wall segments without the holes....

That or if anyone has the name for the chain link fence.

~thanks in advance tounge2.gif