Sign in to follow this  
mentat_void

How is multi-play? Client-side or server-side?

I am going to buy this game tommorow and am mostly interested in multi-play via 56k dialup. I want to know for instance if it has Half Life-like netcode where when you press fire, it actually fires right then and not after the signal reaches server? I cannot play Unreal T and Quake3 because of lousy netcode for us 56kers--in UT it might take a full 2 seconds sometimes yto just fire a gun. HL used to be like that--remember being a sniper in TFC about a year and a half ago? Well, thats UT and Q3 netcode--it rewards connection and not skill like Counter Strike (I know, I know, all the cheaters are in but it still requires skill to play legit). I have played the SP demo and really loved the game--looks great on my voodoo 3 in Glide--hehe all you geforcers are left in the D3D shitzone lololololol!!!! But I degress.....also, do I have to use that memory hog of a proggie Gamespy to just browse servers listing?

I presume you're talking about client side prediction?

I also cant play UT mods (Infiltration mod) because of the annoying, pull the trigger, wait half a second, BANG, type netcode.

OFP is like HL interms of, "you pull the trigger and it'll go bang alright" And if you have a good ping to the server and you aren't desync'd the enemy will drop almost instantly.

You can use gamespy or All seeing eye. I personally prefer to play on servers with people I know and normally play co-op. But that's just my preference.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hehe all you geforcers are left in the D3D shitzone lololololol<span id='postcolor'>

I dream of a the un-promissed land, the land of OFP under OpenGL smile.gif