can anybody help me to fix some extremely annoying AI behaviours ? I'm pretty frustrated with these problems (most still here 4 years after OFP ):
1) squad members ordered to engage by leader rush without any caution just stopping a few steps in front of enemy (normally they're wiped out way before coming so close ...)
2) many times AI is unable to "see" enemies standing less than 100 meters away. They open fire only as consequence of casualties sustained or -instantly- after a "reveal" command is given by the player.
3) especially in towns AI is not able to keep formation at all. Even "Column compact" is screwed.
4) Most of the time an AI formation advancing ***through a road does not use its firepower. 1 or 2 men will fire at once when needed: there are serious issues with fire and movement.
5) AI can't make any proper use of cover at all. Also command "findCover" seems pretty useless since it ignores all the objects eventually ***put on the map by the mission designers. ***"findCover" is actually useless, ***good only for "hiding" behind buildings, not for cover.
I've managed to minimize ***problem 1) through a simple script, but issues with visibility, cover ***and fire/movement are way too hard to fix for me.
Any advice ?