Sign in to follow this  
miggie

Weapon on back

how can i put a weapon on someone's back . tx

I don't think it's possible. In ArmA I've only managed to make soldier tilt his weapon.

You can do it by setting his behaviour to safe or careless.

Weapon to back ?

Well... I only know that if you chose your AT weapon and get down again, you have both, your rifle and your AT launcher on your back.

The other thing is you can double tab (2x) left Ctrl to harness your rifle.

unit1 action ["WEAPONINHAND"]

unit1 action ["WEAPONONBACK"]

unit1 action ["WEAPONINHAND"]

unit1 action ["WEAPONONBACK"]

Nope.

Ain't working for me.

It says:

Quote[/b] ]'soldier |#|action ["WEAPONONBACK"] '

Error Field has 1 component, should have 2

Do I understand it correctly that "unit1" is soldier's name ?

Yes, unit1 is the name you give the soldier when creating him.

Keep in mind that the unit has to be in the correct behaviour mode to have the weapon on back (safe or careless)

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the weaponOnBack animation has been changed in Armed Assault, it now resembles Sanctuary's Patrol Anim pack in that the soldiers just hold their weapons low rather than slining them over their shoulder.

Still same.

Even with this setBehaviour "SAFE"

EDIT on EDIT: Yes, I suspected that this was the problem.

Go into the editor.

Place a player unit.

In the init field type [this setBehaviour "safe"]

Now create a trigger activated by radio

In the onActivation type [player action "WeaponOnBack"]

Now preview, fire off a shot to get the weapon in ready state, and then hit the radio trigger. Thenyou'll see the difference this command makes, not much, but it's nicer for patrolling than having the weapon at a constant ready state.

Now I can't even get this inside the field.

If you mean <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player action ["WeaponOnBack"]

instead of

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player action "WeaponOnBack"

than it'll just say what I've typed before:

Quote[/b] ]'soldier |#|action ["WEAPONONBACK"] '

Error Field has 1 component, should have 2

EDIT: Now I found that out !

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player action ["WeaponOnBack", UNIT_NAME]

But unfortunately it'll do same thing like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setBehaviour "SAFE" ("CARELESS") confused_o.gif .

Try

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

player action ["WeaponOnBack",player]

And yes, I did miss the [ ] in my previous post whistle.gif

**edit**

Looks like you already found it biggrin_o.gif

Check previous post.

Just found that out.

Unfortunately it's a same thing like setting behaviour to safe or careless.

too bad. it is possible for like some seconds when u take a soldier and in the debug thing you give him te weapon.. than it will be on his back. until he moves off course

yay.gif

2 bad

I wish we could carry 2 weapons at the same time have one in hand and one on back. As we have seen we can get a weapon on the back and a AT weapon.. hope BIS make it possible.

I've found that the player can't holster a sidearm either. AIs in safe mode will put the pistol away and run around as if they're unarmed - unlike OFP where you could always tell if someone was concealing a pistol.

Make yourself a US officer and no matter what behaviour you're in you'll have the M9 in your hand. I put setbehaviour safe in the init field and made 2 playable characters - start as the officer with gun in hand, then switch to the other guy: he'll put the gun away when you switch players and then if you switch back, you'll immediately whip it out again. Very annoying.

What you can do is use the action command to put the pistol away, but then you look as if you're holding an invisible rifle.