Sign in to follow this  
Eddie16AAB

Private Military Contractors?

just an idea,

has anyone considered making some skins of private military contractors, such as Paul Bremers security detail, Blackwater contractors, DynCorp, AEGIS, Erinys and others as i think they would be a very interesting addition to the already fantastic skins in ArmA already.

If people are planning on making an iraq mod for ArmA then Private Military Contractors are essential.

just wondering what you guys think

It would be pretty much impossible until modding tools are released, wouldn't it?

Check the Addons & Mods: Discussion board.

There are several re-skins for PMC's already available/in progress.

There are also several PMC projects in planning/prep xmas_o.gif

I've got the PMCs of Sgt. Eversmann whos currently working on them. They haven't been released up to now but they're great ones... So there are already some in work smile_o.gif

SgtEvers_PMCsunrl01small.jpgSgtEvers_PMCsunrl02small.jpg

SgtEvers_PMCsunrl03small.jpgSgtEvers_PMCsunrl04small.jpg

Pictures by BIS.4Players

Marcus, those skins look pretty good, but are there any that dont look like fisherman? wink_o.gif, only kidding mate, but seriously, id like to see some Blackwater contractors, with 5.11 pants and Eagle plate carriers and the like

Too bad none of the (many) WIP contractors look like the real thing.

The real thing?

They pretty much look like the real thing imo. Obviously there is no official uniform so how can PMCs from different organizations look like the real thing.

I think its great there will be a variety which makes them the real thing. The stereotypical PMC has some body armor and some tattoos and some fancy sunglasses.

What we need is BA barracus and the Ateam with their black van. Then you got he REAL deal

The real thing?

They pretty much look like the real thing imo. Obviously there is no official uniform so how can PMCs from different organizations look like the real thing.

I think its great there will be a variety which makes them the real thing. The stereotypical PMC has some body armor and some tattoos and some fancy sunglasses.

What we need is BA barracus and the Ateam with their black van. Then you got he REAL deal

Take a look at the ones in progress now and take a look at the real thing. The difference is obviously spotted.

Eddie16AAB hit the nail on the head.

Off course we need the tools to make more realistic looking contractors too, but I think with retexturing we can also come to a good result.

something along the lines of this would be more appropriate for modern iraq

abb.jpg

The real thing?

No we don't.

I'm sure it's from this site: Military Photos

Not one of this guys is interested to "play" in his free time war.

I asked because I was unsure if it came from the web, or from his personal collection, possibly a friend of his. If it came from the web then that's certainly okay. However, if it came from his personal collection and is a friend of his, then the faces need to be blocked out. My current job is that of a PMC, and insurgent CI is excellent at perusing the internet for details concerning many facets of operations here in Iraq.

But this has already been resolved via PM.

testgt1.jpg

How is that? wink_o.gif

It's just a five minute recoloration though.

Anyway I'm very open to suggestions of all kinds but please post in my thread if you have any. Even if they're of the "They look like donkey"-type.

Different vests would be nice of course but at the moment thats not possible. I don't know if I'll ever add them when the tools get released since I never ever did some 3d modeling. I never textured before either, but that's another chapter.

Btw.I actually have some pics of 5.11 pants, shirts and whatever already I'm pretty aware that they're being used.

Nice! Looks more accurate than the others.

Unfortunately, we don't wear unconfigurable flak jackets like those. I understand that's the best you can do give the lack of tools, however, I thought the Sahrani forces had a unit that included just a LBV?

That would be this dude.

Don't mind the baby blue shirt or the colors of the other stuff. That's all subject to change biggrin_o.gif (The shirt is actually pretty cool in reality, I wear it right now smile_o.gif )

He wears body armor and an LBV on top of that.

test2sc7.jpg

If you like you can drop by my topic

Link

It includes a couple more pics and will be updated after the christmas holidays (maybe earlier)

Excellent work! It does look better than the PMC WIPs posted by others.

EDIT:

I was incorrect. The Especas OPFOR unit has a low-rigged green LBV by default. That might be a better choice given the limitations affecting ArmA at present.

There are several re-skins for PMC's already available/in progress.

There are also several PMC projects in planning/prep xmas_o.gif

Yes we have lot of work planned for ArmA.

My current job is that of a PMC, and insurgent CI is excellent at perusing the internet for details concerning many facets of operations here in Iraq.

Got credentials? A lot of people here like to dress up.

PM me if you want.

The thing is about PMCs or mercenaries is that they are not restricted to what they can wear, or what they can arm themselves with...

So all of the addons we see before use be they WIP or finished are the authors best portrayal of them them not somebody elses.

In brief what im saying unless you see someone making a specific thing like blackwater or AEGIS operators they are most likely what the author deems to bea PMC or merc'.

@Peanut The latest dude with the recolour looks rather good.

Regards HH smile_o.gif

its procured from militaryphotos.net and i got a friend of mine to upload it onto his photobucket

also, those operators look great guys, nice work, hopefully ill be able to make a couple of skins for blackwater aviation guys and the little birds that they use, should be interesting with twin SAWS attached smile_o.gif

Marine, intrigued by the fact that you are a PMC, would it be possible for you to tell us what kind of gear you wear yourself?