Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios ArmA Projects

Just as was said in the OFP forums some months ago we are going to port our existing OFP projects into ArmA.  The focus; in conjunction with the UKF Team, on British Expeditionary Forces, added to that we’re going to create a few more surprises to tag onto the project list.

ArmA's new graphics and scripting engine has given us some interesting possibilities. So we have decided to make some ambitious plans.  We plan to simulate the British Expeditionary Forces and the supporting systems either currently in service or due in service by 2012-17.  Inline with the way the modern battlefield has evolved we plan to make a series of addons that simulate the integrated battlefield control systems of the 21st century.

ARMA--PR-100_th.jpg

(CLICK FOR BIGGER IMAGE)

The plan is to release a series of addons in 2 phases, focusing on several script systems that should add to the functionality and the game play.  Then to provide addons to demonstrate them:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>PHASE 1 – Addon Releases</span>

These will be stand alone addons with the supporting scripted systems such as:

FCSS – Fire Control Script System

--- e.g.:  Rapier FSB, Rapier FSB, SA-2 etc

“Improved†Cargo System

--- e.g.: C-130 (UK Versions), IL-76

VTOL - Realistic VTOL system for Harriers and JCA

--- e.g.: GR7/9, F-35B/JCA

ARMA--PR-101_th.jpgARMA--PR-102_th.jpg

Harrier GR9 (CLICK FOR BIGGER IMAGE)

Harrier GR7 (CLICK FOR BIGGER IMAGE)

ARMA--PR-103_th.jpgARMA--PR-104_th.jpg

UK C-130 - (CLICK FOR BIGGER IMAGE) - This is a composite model combining features from C1 and C4 types prior to splitting off

Wessex HC2 -(CLICK FOR BIGGER IMAGE)

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>PHASE 2 – Integrating Systems </span>

This phase will take the form of an update patch or a new addon pack; we’re not sure exactly what will be required; allowing the addons to interact with each other. These will provide the basis of the modern integrated information systems to accurately simulate the modern battlefield as seen from the perspective of a UK armed forces member.

We are looking in to ways to simulate the sort of communication a pilot/soldier/gunner would expect to get. This means systems and scenarios such as:

<ul>AWACS – Warning of incoming aircraft and dynamic requests for CAS, Medivac and extraction.

ASTOR – Airborne Stand Off Radar – Real time battlefield Intel provided to the appropriately equipped personnel and vehicles.

JTIDS – Joint Tactical Information Distribution (Designation) System – Target Sharing and situational displays.

Fire Control (FCSS) on air defence systems – AI ability to engage multiple targets at once and assign assets to threats.

UAV/UCAV tasking – requesting UAV intel/cover and being able to direct it via radio.

We wont be posting a comprehensive list of all our addon plans but most is already out there for those who to search to find!

Thanks

Rockape on behalf of the RKSL Team.

NOTE 1:  PLEASE keep any discussion to RKSL projects, if you want to discuss anyone else's equivalent projects do it in thier threads.  Thanks.

I wish you some luck with ArmA. I hope you can keep the quality you had in OFP smile_o.gif

Good work, looks really good!

A nice christmasgift to! tounge2.gif

I cannot wait for arma to be released first. But second will be these projects. Ive allready mentioned how nice they are very often. And the C-130 looks great.

confused_o.gif

hm gotta buy new graphics card, new monitor, IR tracker, new joystick... whistle.gif OMG! crazy_o.gif

I am going to need all these things to play arma. If its possible ive got to have it! >> thinks about flying harrier's at tree level. thumbs-up.gif

Will you be releasing any more projects for FP or is it all ArmA from now on?

Was looking forward to Harrier for FP.

How the hell is that harrier flying, there's no pilot?

Yes there is. He's called Autopilot.

RKSL probably just hasn't had time to fix the pilot proxy yet.

hehehe the planes are being flown by the pilots wearing the new adaptive surroundings camoflague. appears to be really effective lol

Oh man that C130 looks so bad ass! biggrin_o.gif

I hope the cargo has been fixed some for ArmA, so we can load and unload stuff on the battlefield easier now.

wow, each new piece of information amazes me more, ive got to say i cant wait for any work done by RKSL, even the beta addons uve released are still really good!

bootneckofficer

Guest RKSL-Rock

First of all Merry Christmas - hope you are all having a good one!

Oh man that C130 looks so bad ass! biggrin_o.gif

I hope the cargo has been fixed some for ArmA, so we can load and unload stuff on the battlefield easier now.

without access to the proper tools i'm not sure that the cargo system will be significantly different than in OFP. BUT, UNN thinks he might have an improved version of the BAS cargo system in the works and we're hoping to add a few more features to it to allow proper cargo drops etc

How the hell is that harrier flying, there's no pilot? crazy_o.gif

Its a problem with ArmA proxies in the current O2 P3D format - without knowing the proper proxy formats nothgin seems to work.  Unfortuately unlike some (that claim to have it - Res: Rehashed guys) I dont have access to O3.  these are just OFP models ported into ArmA for config and texture tests.

Will you be releasing any more projects for FP or is it all ArmA from now on?

Was looking forward to Harrier for FP.

Yeah, we are still planning on releasing the Harrier (BETA) and Rapier FSB & FSC for OFP but not much else.  Althought I am hoping to get some 'old' betas into the community since im remodelling most everything for ArmA.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Two more screenies of some more UK Helos

ARMA-PR-106.jpg

ARMA-PR-107.jpg

mmmm, zebra snow camo

Hopefully we'll get some British winter troops to go with them wink_o.gif

Excelent work as always Rock.

Guest RKSL-Rock
mmmm, zebra snow camo

Hopefully we'll get some British winter troops to go with them wink_o.gif

Excelent work as always Rock.

The Snow comment is a joke...its a sarcastic reference to the OFP photogrpahy thread comment by Shashman.

As for Winter troops...Messiah and the UKF guys are the ones to ask!

Guest RKSL-Rock

Just a small up date on the ArmA plans...

As i said before we are planning on porting the VTOL System to ArmA.  We're going to also port the Harriers and the JCA (F-35B) along with it.

The system differs significantly from previous VTOL scripts in OFP, Karrillion and FLK/Klinks in so much as you now have proper 3D controls when in a hover.  You can Side Strafe, Rotate and even reverse while hovering all using keys.  There are no more action menu controls!

PR-JCA-VTOL.jpg

You can see the OFP Version of the Scripts at our website:

harvidsplash.jpg

MIRROR 1 - RKSL Studios -  53.8mb.

Any chance of seeing a picture of the C130H30? huh.gif

Or a shot from behind of the Harrier? huh.gif

Aand wink_o.gif how about a SAR sea king, cool for MP. In ofp there was the liferaft script for pilots ejecting above water. You could pick them up with SAR bird. Burning oilrig whistle.gif

Great work man you know how I think about this work!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Too bad we (Netherlands) are going to buy the F-35A model. While the B would be better for our small country. Few airbases, lots of woods. thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Any chance of seeing a picture of the C130H30?  huh.gif

Or a shot from behind of the Harrier?  huh.gif

Aand wink_o.gif how about a SAR sea king, cool for MP. In ofp there was the liferaft script for pilots ejecting above water. You could pick them up with SAR bird.         Burning oilrig whistle.gif

Great work man you know how I think about this work!

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Too bad we (Netherlands) are going to buy the F-35A model. While the B would be better for our small country. Few airbases, lots of woods.  thumbs-up.gif

I'll post some more pics of the new C130 models tomorrow... and some more Harrier shots too.

CBFASI has already made several requests for a HAR.3 Sea King - so expect to see some more stuff soon...  tounge2.gif

I'm sorry about the lack of F-35 A/C but I’ve been talking with some other guys (no details or promises yet - still got some negotiations going) but another team might be adapting some of my early F-35 models to A/C standards in trade for some unwrapping work :P