Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Amazing stuff RKSL, you have loads planned. How are you going to complete all of this? notworthy.gif

Did you make this because it is a trainer and in ArmA they are lacking? Also, you mentioned the transition between the Hawk and JCA, does this mean it can perform carrier landings and such? (obviously not VTOL though biggrin_o.gif)

Is the AWACS aircraft modeled the type the RAF operates?

Again RKSL your stuff is excellent. I can not wait for your stuff to start being released. And ta for the update.

Im sorry, I know you guys hate these posts...

but:

Do you guys know when you might release a beta?

confused_o.gif

Awesome stuff! Can't wait to fly those bad boys.

I noticed you are using the older TrueInGameUI. Do you know why you are seeing the green box on the upper left? Are you using widescreen? Is this a bug I am not aware of?

http://www.rkslstudios.info/images....007.jpg

Guest RKSL-Rock
Amazing stuff RKSL, you have loads planned. How are you going to complete all of this?

One step at a time.  Modeling is the easy part for me.  It’s the UV mapping that takes time.  From plans to making the video took 11 days.  Once Farles returns and has the time (real life comes first in our team) finishes his current project in the queue then you’ll start to see some releases.

Did you make this because it is a trainer and in ArmA they are lacking?

I made the Hawk for three reasons.

1- I was bored with doing the C-130 cockpits.  Ask any addon maker it’s the last 10% of the model that is  the hardest.  And the C-130E/H/K cockpits are tedious detailed nightmares.

2– I wanted some non-Soviet era OPFOR aircraft capable of ground attack but not overpowered like the SU-34.  Making the Hawk gave me the option to use one base model for 4-5 versions. T1, MK60, MK63, T2, 127, 130.  The variantions are minor on both airframes clsoe enough that its not much work to produce alot of options in little time.

3– I was working away I had the plans on my laptop and nothing else from the active project list.

Also, you mentioned the transition between the Hawk and JCA, does this mean it can perform carrier landings and such? (Obviously not VTOL though: D)

Its more of a real world issue than a game one.  For the purposes of these addons the only real link is that the HUD, MFDs and stuff developed will be seen on the RKSL JCA in some form, that’s it.  

As for carrier capability, the only Hawk capable of carrier landings is the T-45 Goshawk. (which I don’t plan on making,) ArmA has a limitation when it comes to roadways above sea level and retracting landing gear.  You need to script the gear and the dampers to get around it in exactly the same way we had to in OFP.

Is the AWACS aircraft modeled the type the RAF operates?

No it’s the older –A version that NATO operates.  The E-3D model that the RAF operate is missing its engine pylons so didn’t look especially good.

Again RKSL your stuff is excellent. I can not wait for your stuff to start being released. And ta for the update.

Thanks.

Im sorry, I know you guys hate these posts...

but:

Do you guys know when you might release a beta?

confused_o.gif

The honest answer is “When they are doneâ€.   As I keep saying to various people that ask this question.  We aren’t a huge team, we don’t have limitless time and we are still learning the engine.  Be patient and you will be “rewardedâ€.  Keep complaining and we’ll just stop.

Due to the number of whiners about the lack of RKSL releases, and I’m not including you in their number, I’m tempted to do a series of “Grey betasâ€.  These are un-textured models that have +75% finished features just to give a taste of what we are doing.  Don’t get too excited these addons aren’t likely to be the Harrier or C-130.  These will be the side projects like the RAH-66 Comanche and some of the OPFOR stuff.

I noticed you are using the older TrueInGameUI. Do you know why you are seeing the green box on the upper left? Are you using widescreen? Is this a bug I am not aware of?

Its caused by the custom weapons names I think. It changes widths at various sclaes with each weapon. I'll test it with the new version and see if it makes any difference.

Awesome work guys. The Quality is brilliant. I was jus wonderin whats happening about the harrier.

These look fantastic, It'll be great having the hawks in game, fantastic aircraft.

The Sentry looks great too.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Due to the number of whiners about the lack of RKSL releases...

It's totally offtopic, but don't you think that the word "whiners" sounds like an insult? Just curious.

People ask u about reliz dates, they are interested in ur work, and u call them names. That's very nice of u.

Now I am so upset I am gonna cry...  sad_o.gif

Ok, back to the topic...

"If you want to use or modify my work ask first. Its simple really" - that's what u said. What a generous offer!

I would really like to modify ur work, and so I humbly ask u 2 questions:

- which work?

- may I modify it?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Awesome work guys. The Quality is brilliant. I was jus wonderin whats happening about the harrier.

The Harrier is alive and well.  Its just undergoing some modernization…just like the real ones smile_o.gif

- Better HUD

- Better Cockpit

- Improved non scripted animations

- Working dampers and Landing gear

- Ship support for above

- New weapons management scripts for mixed loadouts

- Fusing and Arming options for some weapons

UNN hasn’t had chance to port the OFP series RKSL VTOLv2 or write the v3 version for ArmA. He's been busy with the Cargo System and until recently I haven’t been able to find out the hardcoded BIS animation source name for the VTOL anims on the BIS harrier that would allow us to make an unscripted Harrier.  Now thanks to Synide I’ve made some progress in that area.  But once I’ve got the relevant systems working and the updated Harrier model in game I’ll post some news worth looking at.  Right now visually there isn’t much difference to the OFP Harrier.

With this recent post you got my day better smile_o.gif

Thanks and great news! biggrin_o.gif

Haha I see you guys had good fun last week! biggrin_o.gifhuh.gif

The hawk looks awesome! Love the suspension of the wheels! inlove.gif

Is the backseat just "gunner" or can the backseater perform other functions? And would it be possible to let the gunner take controls?

biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Is the backseat just "gunner" or can the backseater perform other functions? And would it be possible to let the gunner take controls?

The Back seat is really just and observer.  You can't take control and the pilot has all the weapons.

Ive not found a way to swap control to another person but it might be worth of a bit of investigation... biggrin_o.gif

I forgot these too:

RKSL_MIM23_OCT_001_th.jpg  RKSL_MIM23_OCT_002_th.jpg  RKSL_MIM23_OCT_003_th.jpg

HIGH RES @ MIM-23 Hawk SAM Page at RKSL

Thanks for the reply.... GOd damn you guys have been busy. Any of you guys still workin on ofp stuff?? i need some help for my kamov

Rock, is the Sea King going to have open/close door controls like the Bush Wars helicopters? Are other aircraft going to have extra functions?

Is the HAWK for the independant faction or OPFOR as an opposing system to Rapier?

Oh and I just read one of your blogs, woot for crappy interiors!

Guest RKSL-Rock
Any of you guys still workin on ofp stuff?? i need some help for my kamov

Sorry mate but I don’t think any of the lads even have OFP installed anymore.  I couldn’t even tell you where my discs are!

Rock, is the Sea King going to have open/close door controls like the Bush Wars helicopters? Are other aircraft going to have extra functions?

This is a bit of a dilemma for me.  You see I’ve always hated the way some addons (especially my own) have 30 action menu functions so I’ve tried very hard in ArmA to add as little to the action menu as possible.  

I’ve got a system where by the side door opens automatically on landing that works very well with the Lynx etc.  But I also want to add support for the winchman… so there will have to be some compromise somewhere.  I suspect its going to be a bit of both.

RKSL SeaKing Project Page

Is the HAWK for the independant faction or OPFOR as an opposing system to Rapier?

Depending of the FCSS limits it may just end up OPFOR or RACS.  If UNN gives me the green light I’ll make it for all sides.

RKSL MIM-23 HAWK Project Page

Oh and I just read one of your blogs, woot for crappy interiors!

LMAO – Oh yeah…I can promise you we at RKSL will not settle for “Crappy Interiors†anymore!!

Note 1: I don't see anything from the reported post itself that is flamebaiting.

Note 2: Calling people whiners is flamebaiting, please don't do it, even if it's true it benefits nobody.

Rock,

Those SAM pix look exciting. I'm floored by the shear number of projects you guys are doing. My jaw hits the desk every time I see one I wasn't aware of.

Also, as I've said before it's really refreshing to see that you rarely reply to the snide "setups" a few people insist on posting. Zad please stop, it just doesn't serve any purpose other then starting something.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Rock,

Those SAM pix look exciting. I'm floored by the shear number of projects you guys are doing. My jaw hits the desk every time I see one I wasn't aware of.

There are still some more projects in the pipe too no one has seen smile_o.gif

CBFASI has got some interesting stuff in work with some really nice, if initially unplanned features.  VXR has me working on something that should give us the ability to makes at least half a dozen more useful vehicles if not more.  So keep watching the RKSL site we’ll be posting more news in the next few weeks.

Also, as I've said before it's really refreshing to see that you rarely reply to the snide "setups" a few people insist on posting. Zad please stop, it just doesn't serve any purpose other then starting something.

It’s nice that someone else sees it as a “snide setup†too.  Obviously Placebo doesn’t.  I won’t say too much more because it would likely be perceived as a discussion on how the board is moderated and I’d end up with a WL which I’m sure Zad would love.  But I don’t see the point in responding to open attacks.  There is a enough bickering and open hostility on these forums already.  Maybe just ignoring these people will make this forum a nicer 'place' to visit?

And just so we head a bit closer to ontopic:

RKSL_RapierFSC_OCT_001.jpg

Rapier FSC partly textured.  Theres going to be some significant reworks to the tracker head and missile rails in the near future.

i would hate to be on the receiving end of that thing, nice looking model smile_o.gif

i would hate to be on the receiving end of that thing, nice looking model smile_o.gif

I wouldnt like to be on the receiving end of all the RKSL addons! crazy_o.gif

@RKSL

Are you also doing some camo net thingy for the rapiers? Im sorry If ive allready asked you this. But there are sooo many addons! xmas_o.gif

i would hate to be on the receiving end of that thing, nice looking model  smile_o.gif

I wouldnt like to be on the receiving end of all the RKSL addons!  crazy_o.gif

@RKSL

Are you also doing some camo net thingy for the rapiers? Im sorry If ive allready asked you this. But there are sooo many addons!  xmas_o.gif

Yes, camonets will also be added, I'm currently working on those.

I don't know if Rock forgot to post a link but here is a new youtube video of the Rapiers in action.

The video is made in OFP but will work the same in Arma

that video is not new.. it has some months already.. maybe thats why he didn't put any link.

Anyway, nice to hear about this smile_o.gif

that video is not new.. it has some months already.. maybe thats why he didn't put any link.

Anyway, nice to hear about this smile_o.gif

Yes its a few months old but added to the youtube page 23 hours ago says the info at Youtube. Thats why I thought he forgot to post it along with the screenshot of the Rapier.

Wow!  First time I've seen that video.  That is awesome VXR.  thumbs-up.gif

GD Mast

Guest RKSL-Rock
@RKSL

Are you also doing some camo net thingy for the rapiers? Im sorry If ive allready asked you this. But there are sooo many addons!  xmas_o.gif

Yes there will be the skirt netting on the rapiers.  I just haven't modelled them.  They will obviously be integral to the addon though.

I was asked this some time ago and forgot to mention it...

Quote[/b] ]Will the Rapiers be towable?

Well yes and no...  tounge2.gif

Yes...IF someone write a decent towing script that can cope with bridges etc.

No...because we wont be releasing them with a towing script built in.

I've already planned to make the units towable...they are configed to have suspension and rolling wheels etc but we haven't even addressed the issue of the 'act' of towing properly.  There will likely be (we haven’t made this bit yet so bare with me) an option to deploy and pack away the units.  This will fold down the legs - lift it from the ground and cover it in cam nets.   The reverse will then apply to allow the unit to be towed away by these "yet to be made" scripts.

I don't know if Rock forgot to post a link but here is a new youtube video of the Rapiers in action.

I didn’t really feel it was worth a post tbh… I only uploaded it so I could link it to the RKSL site.  If you look in ArmA Projects on the RKSL Site you’ll see I’ve been linking the videos into the site and updating content.  The Rapiers Page will be ready on Friday