Sign in to follow this  
Speedy15

realistic armor/weapons

Would it be possible for modders to edit the armor values of tanks and the way some of the weapons fire to be more realistic. M1's should be able to take more than 1 hit from a t-72, and more than 2 hits from an rpg. The automatic rifles(m249 for example) should fire atleast 3 rounds with every pull of the trigger(click of the mouse). Right now you can manage to have only 1 round fire out of the M249 among other automatic rifles. With my experiences with a 249 I have never been able to only get 1 round to fire at a time with the exception of a jam.

I do not know much about the way this game is structured... although, I assume most of the files are in the pbo's? What would be a recommended program for extracting these files?

Hi, i never fired with the minimi, but i fired with the MG3 and i was able of fire 1 single shot; but it was with it on the tripod, that i think that's more controlable. But i agree, i haven' fired in the ArmA with the sniper rifles, but a lot of people say that the bullet falls above the center of the aiming cross; and that's very bad.

Other very bad thing is... that the M4 Aimpoint have burst fire!! that's like a blasphemy... the M4 should have just auto and single, and the weapons that i heard beeing shooted could need stronger and more realistic or better recorded sounds. I haven't try to open any .pbo yet, but i still have in the HD some of the tools that i used to steal addons (as others said) do camoed packs of M4's, and change textures of some things; i don't know if they work but i think that they don't gonna do it... in armedassault.eu they released not so long ago a pack of tools done by my "fryend" Kegtys so you could try with those... i personally gonna wait until some person release other and better tools, for example BIS. Let's C ya

Yessir, its entirely possible. I personally edited the M1A1's armor so that one shot from a T72 will disable/force a bailout, while a 2nd will trigger an explosion. Figure it fits the whole "crew safety mechanisms" deal well :P

To do so, you have to open the Tracked.pbo file in your Addons directory using either Eliteness (A tool used by modders) or Kegetys' tools pack. After you've un-PBO'd the file, you "unrap" the Config.bin file in the newly-made Tracked folder. After unrapping it (which can be done with both kegetys' tools as well as Eliteness), you will be given a config.cpp file. This is the one you can actually mod smile_o.gif

So what you do next is go ahead and make your changes, and move the OLD config.bin file (the original one that was there when you un-pbo'd the Tracked.pbo file) into a different folder, and then use Kegetys' tools or Eliteness to make the .cpp into a .bin.

Then you make the Tracked folder into a .pbo (BE SURE TO BACK UP THE ORIGINAL, OR YOU WONT BE ABLE TO PATCH! OR PLAY ONLINE! YOU'LL BE DOOMED!... unless you reinstall)

So now you should have a new tracked.pbo file that has taken the place of the previous tracked.pbo file. And you should find that your changes now take effect ingame.

Good luck, if you need any clarification please say so and I'll try and explain.

*offtopicstart*While i was at the German Army i managed to single shoot with the MG3 (tooks me over 300 rounds practice to learn it) its nothing more than a nice feature to impress recruits. *offtopicend*

I was hit by 4-5 RPGs before my M1A1 was destroyed, it depends where u are hit. So the Armor balance is ok.

Other very bad thing is... that the M4 Aimpoint have burst fire!! that's like a blasphemy... the M4 should have just auto and single

Standard M4 is semi and burst; M4A1 is semi and auto. There's nothing wrong with ArmA's M4 (well, the sound...).

Maybe we should put the M4 trigger groups in the Biki so people stop worrying about it.

Quote[/b] ]The automatic rifles(m249 for example) should fire atleast 3 rounds with every pull of the trigger(click of the mouse

Then how is it that you zero the sights? Why is it then on qualification range that we are instructed to put 1 round in each target? smile_o.gif Firing 249 single shot takes practice, but it isn't exactly the hardest thing in the world.

Because the game instructs you to put 1 round on a target does it make it correct? You could zero it in quite easily with a good marksman and a bipod. I am just quoting from my real life, not game, experiences.

Guggy, I just now was able to do that after putting the game on my gaming rig. How do I repack the cpp and header files? The unRap program seems to only be able to extract the bin files or am I missing something?

Thanks

1. In real life you can single fire the Minimi after a few hundred rounds practise with relative ease.

2. Sometimes takes about 5 RPGs to take out an M1.

3. The sniper rifle hits above the crosshairs because it is zeroed in at 300 meters.