Sign in to follow this  
Outcold

Severe performance problems

DL the demo and installed, went just fine, no probs.

As i launched the game i found that everything was horrible slow so i launched ATI Tray Tools to see what fps i had.

With all set to default res to 1280x1024x32 my fps was an astounding 11 fps, (in Bf2 with all on full and aax4 and afx4 i get around 70-80 fps on a full 64 player server.

And i got all my drivers updated.

There must be a major problem here somewhere in the game.

Been soo looking forward to this release in the UK.

My puter:

DFI RDX200 CF-DR

AMD 64 4000+

OCZ gold 2GB pc 3200

Radeon X1900 XTX X-fire Master 512MB

The game should run a bit better then everything on low and just getting 14 fps huh.gif

Shouldent it ??

I need help.gif

I have lower specs than you, and i only get around 15 FPS also.

This game is simply poorly optimized. Yes, the graphics are very very good, but even on the LOWEST settings you get around 15 FPS on the average gaming rig. Not good BIS.

Seriously, OFP wasn't this bad back in its first few months. I get 70-80 FPS in Americas army + BF2 also and they aint that much different graphically.

Though i look forward to your patches for the Full Game as your patches for CWC, Red Hammer, Resistance were very good and had a lot of improvements. But please, sort out the graphic optimization! This is a brilliant game and i'm still going to buy it, but you are going to lose customers who cant even get the impression of the game because they have under 10 FPS.

try settings the quality preference ingame to very high.

mines on very high and plays with 40-60 fps

x1950 PRO 256MB PCI-E

1 GIG Ram

and 3.4 Pentium D

I put mine on very high and got 2-4 FPS...

2.4ghz AMD 64 3700+

1GB RAM

ATI Radeon 9550 256mb

And on very low i get 15-20 FPS

Someone did suggest that to me in another forum rev, it just made it worse banghead.gif

Dont even know where to start with this game to get it working confused_o.gif

Well the game is poorly optimized, im relying on good patches (which they have delivered in the past for OFP) to improve this game.

But disable all unneccesary background services and applications, stick the settings on the lowest possible and make sure ATI Catylyst (or ATI tools whatever its called) lets the application decide the settings.

You should definately get higher than 15 FPS...

Some people have created a partition purely for ArmA, with just the necessary files to get ArmA to run, which resulted in a huge boost in performance.

If that fails, you gotta upgrade your hardware or wait for BIS to patch this game like mad...

When testing your FPS, were you close to foliage or in a forest?

He said as he 'launched the game' so im assuming he means the opening sequence over the sea when it moves towards the lighthouse then into a military camp.

I get around 15 FPS and my specs are lower than his so he should be getting a better FPS for his hardware.

Some of our members had trouble with their aging systems and they did this

Quote[/b] ]For you guys struggling running arma here are a few things you can do to boost performance,russin said these helped him out alot with his system anyways its worth a shot.Let me know if it helps yall out.

step1- right click arma startup edit the target line with -maxmem=xx

xx being the memory to use keep it at 1 gig so it should read similiar to this

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ARMA.EXE -maxmem=1024 -nosplash

apply and exit,u can use the -nosplash if u want to disable the startup screens.

step 2 go into user/mydocuments/arma/arma.cfg with notepad. Find the line

HDRPrecision=8 edit it to read HDRPrecision=0

hit apply,and save,now rightclick arma.cfg goto properties and check the

box that says read only,apply and exit.

Personally I see no differance in graphics and an improvement in gameplay.try it and let me know

u can also try this, also posted by one of our members

Quote[/b] ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

add -dxlevel 7 or -dxlevel 8 to the end of the target line on the arma shortcut this will switch the game to use direct x level 8 or 7 try both

also in my documents thare is a named ArmA Other Profiles and inside that is the folder name with yorue arma profile game nameopen that up inside that is a file mine is named SkyWolf.ArmAProfile edit it with notePad and change

sceneComplexity=300000.000000;

to

sceneComplexity=100000.000000;

this will change arma Pologon count by defult u can see 300000 pologons are on the screen changeing it to 100000 will improve Pefrmance alot!!!

if any of these help please let me know

I have tried all those tweaks, im defragging my system and then i'll try ArmA with these settings and report back on FPS + what happens graphically.

EDIT: Increased my FPS by 2 or 3... And graphically objects pop in and out much more frequently and are only visible at close range.. Up to you whether you want to sacrifice this for a slight fps boost...

Im with u guys. Last year I bought my new system, paid pretty penny for it, and although I *could* spend big bucks to update my card, which is currently geoforce 6800 256 mb, sounds like it may not make much difference. Imho, whats the point here, a massive island, with a game that is *designed* to utilize medium to large scale battles, with potentialy alot going on in various areas, and with a relatively 'modern' computer I cant get good fps from just one isolated platoon vs platoon battle. Im thinkin heck with it, I get kick ass fps with ofp while running ffur and bergohffs vegatation at high quality settings, and I get years of nice addons to select from made by users, only bad thing, Im working on a large scale mission that will land finished on a game 'replaced' by Arma, which *was* going to be converted to Arma, but im starting to think it may not be after all...

BIS would have been better off not releasing the demo with this kind of perfomance issue. Nearly every person I spoke with (all OFP fans of 4+ years) are all in agreement that this game will require major changes in UI and performance before they buy it. I know they wil eventually patch this, BIS always comes thru in the end. However, this demo may have cost them more than they think in initial sales based on some of the feedback Im getting (at least amongst US players).

I was all ready to buy a new rig with C2D and an 8800gtx, but if its only going to increase my frames from 20-25 to 25-30, than its something im not going to rush to do. If this game cant get 35-50 frames on the highest end systems, then its just not worth playing IMO.

There is one thread for Demo troubleshooting, please use it.