Sign in to follow this  
Blink Dog

Beta of my armed civies available

What seems to be the problem with the dammage textures? I didn't encounter any difficulties getting them to work. Just copy the "wounds" and it should work.

What would always happen is the copy/pasted lines would end the file at the first entry. So for example on my config the west-> gangs-> "gang (civ1) M9" would be the only unit available in the game. I tried for a few hours moving the }; around and doing other things and have had no results.

If anyone wants to decompress the pbo and look inside please do. My experience with config work is limited.

What would always happen is the copy/pasted lines would end the file at the first entry. So for example on my config the west-> gangs-> "gang (civ1) M9" would be the only unit available in the game. I tried for a few hours moving the }; around and doing other things and have had no results.

If anyone wants to decompress the pbo and look inside please do. My experience with config work is limited.

hmm... this probably isn't news to you, but it suspiciuosly sounds like you use one too many brackets ("}") then...

sorry, can't give you any other advice, than to carefully check, if every bracket you use, is placed correctly.

if it helps, this is a sample of what i did and it works without any problems:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class WCivA2: WCivA1

{

displayName = "Civilian (A2)";

model = "\ca\characters\civil_1_tshirt_shorts";

class Wounds

{

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"*veeery long file name;)*"};

};

};

class WCivA3: WCivA1

{

displayName = "Civilian (A3)";

model = "\ca\characters\civil_1_tshirt_shorts_tlustoch";

class Wounds

{

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"*another very long file name*"};

};

};

edit: actually it's not just single file names, but quite a lot of files... not that it matters...

Maybe I'll give it another whirl tonite. I'm prob just doing something stupid as usual smile_o.gif.

I have totally given up on this wound texture thing. I'm not going to bother with it, instead I am going to work on missions and extras for this addon.

I have totally given up on this wound texture thing. I'm not going to bother with it, instead I am going to work on missions and extras for this addon.

You know, if you still want dammage textures, you can as well make use of the civilians-addon i only just finished - it should cover all the units you need.

I got the wounds to work, I don't know how or why it does but I decided to copy your entries and it seems to work now. So I'm finally getting some missions worked on and should have a final edition available soon. Thanx for the help Mongoose and the compliment morgwin.

I would like to try these. Can you send me the files or a hot link? The link in the first post I think has expired.

I get this when I paste it into my browser.

The file associated with this link has expired.

Unfortunately, this file has expired. A file link is only valid for a certain number of days or a limited number of downloads, whichever occurs first.

Once an uploaded file expires, it can no longer be downloaded. If you still need the file, please contact the original sender directly.

Thanks!

I have an updated version available that has two vehicle classes available. One is with Arma weapons and the other class uses Vilas weapons. If you want to try the file out send a message with your Email and I'll send you a copy. It weighs in around 25K so it's a small file.