Sign in to follow this  
dan9of9

ATI Drivers

ATI drivers are not working correctly.

i have an x800pro, running the 6.12,6.11,6.10,6.9,6.8 all result in this glitch.

ati612.jpg

ive installed the 6.7's and the problem goes.

thou now,if i have AA on normal,when switching from 3rd person to first or the other way,can result in 1FPS,until i ALT TAB,,and then the game crashes after a few ATL TABS.

AA on low sorts that out,thou i shouldnt have to.

It looks very like an overheating graphic card. Did you check temperature?

Graphic card is fine.

edit,btw,a friend has the same card,they too get this.

Well, the x800 is not on the top card list for playing this game unfortunately sad_o.gif I'm afraid you'll need to keep AA on low. Which resolution do you use?

thx for the help mate,

but this card,althou not the best,still works fine on even high AA,

and most setings up full,

im just reporting in thats all,that with those drivers, = spikes in graphics.

and then dropping to lower ati drivers stops the spikes,but can "at times" not all the time,mess up when switching from 3rd to 1st person.

its nothing to do with the card on high or low,it handles it fine,

there is a problem in the coding when switching back and forth that freaks it.

cos if you have the settings maxed out,and you do not change to 3rd person,it will be ok for hours,well,until you quit the game.

smile_o.gif

Do you use the CCC or some other tool for your X800pro, like AtiTrayTools? See, I'm using ATT myself and have experienced the same kind of artifacts with Gothic 3. All I had to do to get rid of them was having "Geometry Instancing" set to enabled in my profile for the game. No artifacts in ArmA either way, at least on my X1900XT Cat6.11, but still worth a try perhaps. Another thing to try is playing around with the "Catalyst A.I." settings.

Try D/L'ing the latest DirectX(there is a web update dated Dec 13. but the last full runtime is from Oct.

Uninstall your drivers, install the latest version of DX and reinstall the latest Cats(6.12s)

It seems that 9600s have issues with shading in some newer games(I know alot of 9600 users had the same issues in GRAW)

hope this helps

I still think your card is overheating. Just my opinion

It's NOT overheating. Tons of people with Radeon cards are having these problems.

It's NOT overheating. Tons of people with Radeon cards are having these problems.

What drivers are you using?

Have you tried latest Omega / ATI drivers?

It is possible but then I have to ask the question whether he attempted to open up the rest of the pipelines on that card. It is possible that this games pretty heavy shader implentation is showing the weakness of one of the opened pipelines(why most cards of the Pro variety were locked in the first place to hide the broken pixel pipelines)

I've got an X800 Pro and I'm not having a single problem.

If you've tried to overclock the card or your system this could be the root problem. Turn off any overclocking software like the ATI Tool. Or go into the BIOS and reset your system clock speed to defualt.

On another note* Try using the -nomap command in the ArmA shortcut on your desktop.

Should be <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nomap in the target line.

On another note* Try using the -nomap command in the ArmA shortcut on your desktop.

Should be <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nomap

in the target line.

-nomap does absolutely nothing in ArmA, the parameter doesn't exist within the exe.

When looking at supposed driver issues you have to take a look at if everyone with ATI cards are having the same issues. If there are people using ATI cards that have no issues with running the game then it more than likely a User Issue.

Now "IF" it is a user issue then the user needs to check the following.

* Overclocking

* Flashed the Bios for the card itself

* Under Powered Power Supply for there system

* Drivers

1. Chipset

2. Video Card

3. DirectX

* The video card is support by the game

Once the user checks to make sure the above are not the issue tthen more than likely your video card is going bad or too old to run the game in issue.

What drivers are you using?

Have you tried latest Omega / ATI drivers?

Yes.

I too have the same problem which I've posted here:

http://armed-assault.net/forums/help-4/artifacts-radeon-x1900gt-86/

I've tried the last 4 driver releases, additional cooling, overclocking, not overclocking, enabling/disabling VPU recover, profiling for ArmA, etc., and still have experienced little success.

Tonight for the first time, a similar problem surfaced when playing rFactor which was never an issue previously. This was before the VPU locked up which required a hard shutdown from the power supply.

I can believe heat because the x1900 GT is known to be one of the hottest running cards on the market but even at high 80's to low 90's, it only represents about 3/5 of the total temp. guage found within the Catalyst Control Panel.

My power supply is an SLi ready Antec 550 WATT Neo HE (504 Watt sustained) so I can't see my card being underpowered, even at load.

My system:

- Intel Conroe E6600 2.4 GHz Core 2 CPU

- Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi Edition Mobo

- 2 x Kingston Dual Channel DDR2 @667 MHz

- 2 x Seagate Raptor 320 GB SATAII HD

- Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS

- ATI Radeon x1900GT 256 MBDDR3

- SLi ready Antec 550 WATT Neo HE (504 Watt sustained)

- Cooling out the ying yang including one 80mm input fan (from case front) dedicated to the GPU.

borked.png

I have the same problem too, plus game runs like crap with everything turned low and view set to 500M, this is not a heat problem

P4 @ 3.6Ghz with AC Freezer Pro7 idle 36C under load 55C

Gigabyte MB

Ati X850XT PE 256MB AGP (AC Cooled 57C under full load)

2 GB Corsair XMSPC3200 ram

SB X-fi Extreme edition

Dual Raptor raid0 Hard drives

Hiper Type R 580w PSU

Same here and i've just written my driver testing thread over on my clans forums. I found my trusty 6.7's game me 5fps less than the current 6.12's and the Omega's which i'm currently using to get 20-34fps.

Hmm, I'm using the X850 XT PE with the 6.12 build of drivers.

I have to say, everything runs absolutely fine as far as graphics go. I can get away with most settings on high with not bad fps and no graphics glitches.

Now, a while back I used Omega drivers, and low and behold it completely bollox up my card with results closely aligned with the above screenshots. mucho distortion and or tearing and or colour problems of all kinds and or artifacts.

And that was before I even touched the Omega drivers O/C utility.

It happened in all games I tried to play, sometimes it was fine, then new map/loading screen or just randomly bolloxed things up.

So anyways, I went back to ATI only drivers and all has been fine since, although it took me a time clearing out anything Omega drivers from my system and reg.

Never again will I touch Omega drivers..... ever...

Anyways, my 2p worth. When you're updating drivers for the love of god do it properly and remove all the old ones first and dont just 'overwrite' the old ones... thats when most problems occur.

Preach

I’m having the same issues on an ATI 9600 and it’s not pretty. Now before anybody comes in to remark that the 9600 is “oldâ€, I understand that, but nevertheless I DO fit in the requirements and my FPS isn’t bad at all when options are turned down. I tried the game with 6.11 and 6.12 drivers and both have the same results. I am certainly not going to roll back just to see if it works for one game when the chances are it won’t.

One thing I did note is that tearing and artifacts occur when I am usually around a vehicle or a city. If I am near these two things, then tearing and artifacts will occur more often everywhere else. (Especially if I drive a vehicle) I’d also like to note that this is the only game that I currently have these problems. All other games I’ve tried have no artifacts or other issues like these.

ArmedAssault-Artifacts.jpg

Pentium 4 2.6GHZ

ATI 9600 128MB (Never overclocked)

1 Gig of Ram

Realtek Audio AC97

DirectX9.0c (I believe I have the December update)

Graphics are all turned low/very low or off if possible and resolution is set at 640x480.

I am have the same problems running a 9800 Pro. Again an older card but have had no problems running any other games.

I have tried the Omega Drivers and am currently running the 6.12 (CCC) ATI drivers.

Dont think i really want to spend £150 on a new card, just to play a game!

Hmm, due to the high volume of ATI users getting shafted on the demo and full game, I'm sure either BIS or ATI themselves will be rewriting some code somewhere to help sort out the ATI drivers. They would be mad not to.

For BIS it'd loose like half customers

For ATI it drive potential buyers to Nvidia

I only hope someone will get a fix before the game goes retail UK.