Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA photography - Questions&Comments

The usual discussions. Don't quote images here.

thumbs-up.gif for this comments thingy

Lets hope to see good pictures in the ArmA Photography thread wink_o.gif

Don't know why, but the USMC soldier in the Chipper's picture reminds me Saddam biggrin_o.gif

So far I saw some imports and changes of units\uniforms screenies, all nice.

But what suprised me is that no one tried to get the wolf working in the animals.PBO and make some screenies.

Maybe someone can even get the wolf working with the OFP dog addon anims.

Everything for the wolf except for the anim is there in the PBO...would be nice to see it on screenshots xmas_o.gif

as Placebo said in the faq topic, we will see promised animals in a future update smile_o.gif

btw talking of a wolf and animals,

I saw a documentation in TV where some people are doing research about the style dogs are running/walking and stuff. the used motion capturing to get the movements on a computer vor analyzation. Was quite interesting but they captured anims only from 1 side, so they wouldn't get a whole animation for all 4 legs and stuff.

confused_o.gif I don`t ask for animals..I was just wondering that no one tried to make it work(static or animated) and showing some screenshots.

Not trying to be a smart arse here Raedor...er...I mean Mr Moderator, sir... notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>This is for ArmA screenshots only remember.</span>

[*]Images must be of Operation Flashpoint, VBS1, Armed Assault or VBS2 only...

...But isn't this a bit confusing and contradictory for new people joining the forums and posting pictures (see bold text).

Please don't kill me... band.gif

tounge2.gif

confused_o.gif I don`t ask for animals..I was just wondering that no one tried to make it work(static or animated) and showing some screenshots.

I tried, 2 times! But binding the wolf to the butterfly Anim didn´t work at all rofl.gif

Not trying to be a smart arse here Raedor...er...I mean Mr Moderator, sir... notworthy.gif
Quote[/b] ]

...[*]Images must be of Operation Flashpoint, VBS1, Armed Assault or VBS2 only...

...But isn't this a bit confusing and contradictory for new people joining the forums and posting pictures (see bold text).

Please don't kill me... band.gif

tounge2.gif

I edited in the large bold text but forgot to remove that, the thread is for ArmA shots only, Raedor got a bit carried away wink_o.gif

Well image size warning levels are rescinded 1 month for 1 warning level, if 1 month has passed you should politely ask the moderator who gave you it to remove it smile_o.gif

My appologies to Raedor,

Placebo you're slipping band.gif must be the onset of christmas and the holiday season... tounge2.gif  

BTW (Trying) to stay on topic, the screens look amazing, it's great to see the variety of 'addons' being created. Here's to the new year and the 505 region release (plus possible Demo's and Mod Tools)  xmas_o.gif

Any seasonal screens would be greatly appreciated, I hope we don't have to wait for the 25th of December when the <s>Easter eggs</s>...erm I mean Christmas Eggs(?) start to appear in ARMA. (Before anyone says anything,I've already seen the Stonned Santa in the Stack pic).  

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Merry Christmas</span></span> every one and a properous New Year. xmas_o.gif

Nice stuff mate.. just wondering what exacly those some stuff are.. interested where that Icelandic flag came from huh.gif

Thanks

He wears that flag because he's from Iceland wink_o.gif

nah, I was just thinking of stuff to put on his vest and ended up with an Iceland flag patch.

Another reason why I put it there is because I can biggrin_o.gif

Also note that the guy in the back is wearing one of the few new Jordanian digital camos. I guess he'll lose them though cause I'm not really satisfied with the texture smile_o.gif

LOL, just missed this thread *me stupid*

So, I'll ask here:

Let me get this straight:

We must post used addons (whenever some are released)?

Armed Assault isn't counted as an addon right?

Plus, we're going to need this topic.

Oh, and:

Please link the picture to wich you are refering, helps us other to reflect over your comments, or maybe even answer them!

JW

smile_o.gif

Thanks

He wears that flag because he's from Iceland wink_o.gif

hehehe smile_o.gif

Good choice of country, even though I say so myself biggrin_o.gif

Gathered from info from previous OFP threads..

Quote[/b] ]We must post used addons (whenever some are released)?

When ever your using addons in a photo, you have to name them so interested people don't have to ask what addons they are, decreasing "what addon is that?" posts both here and, for the unexperianced, in the actual photography topic.

Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault isn't counted as an addon right?

Correct, Armed Assault is the game, so all original content is unneded to be noted in the listed addons, as all users, should, have all the same original content. Perheps noting patch number, if the patch is recently released and perheps added some new content used in the photo smile_o.gif

Or make comments inhere viktortroska smile_o.gif

Looking at the pics again I saw tapdancing, Flamengo, The birddance, line dancing, ballet etc....... rofl.gif

@ SpaceAlex the detail in those pics you posted in the CP thread where awsome esp. with those framerates! What is your specs?  huh.gif

A member of the PSK overwatches a marketplace

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2180/sekpskrl9.jpg

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/2990/sekpsk2sm0.jpg

Members of the SEK check a marketplace after numerous shots from automatic weapons have been reported

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/949/seksek1zt1.jpg

Addon: My SEK units

Awesome!

I hope you´ll release them (and the ones wearing hawaii shirts too! ) smile_o.gif

"A member of the PSK overwatches a marketplace"

they look fantastic.

one question have you managed to maintain the fabric of the ski mask/ balaclava or is it a simple black layer ?

Could you tell me guys how to be able to accelerate/decelerate time while in camera mode?

So far I can assign radio keys to accTime but this works only in player mode, not in camera, and once I get in camera mode I can't go back to player.

this prolly a quetion for editing and scripting,

you can only make the camera go a little quicker by pressing the "turbo" key and the direction key . turbo default is left shift.

if your tying to accelerate the people you are watching then, the radio will still work whilst in cam mode, simply press 0-0-1 for radio alpha.

if you want to speed camera up in sqs file. then you will need to script it there ,using cam commit and other such beautiful syntaxes