Sign in to follow this  
desertfox

Camera.sqs / Cam scripting

Searched the board, but the only cam.sqs thread didn't reveal anything.

I've always loved to create intros and ingame camera sequences by putting <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec camera.sqs; into the init field of a unit in the editor.

It would create a .txt file in my OFP directory with timestamps and coordinates that would allow for creating the sqs file easily and in a matter of minutes.

Two things: First off, I can not find the text file with the coordinates anywhere, even though the camera command seems to work fine in the editor. ( I can move around freely with the cam view. ) Has anyone got a clue ?

Secondly there appears to be a new function. When I hit the RIGHT CTRL key now, a small yellow square locks on to the point I am looking at. The camera stays focused on this point and shows a thin white line running to it. I've never seen that feature in OFP. Is someone familiar with this ?

Thanks in advance.

Hit left mouse button or left ctl... i'm not sure which one does it but its one of those. It saves it to the clipboard so just go into notepad and hit ctl-v. It does not create a file anymore.

musta been 2-3 years since that textfile dissapeared m8.

i remember it too.

you already sussed that you get yellow squares on objects

you get red squares on units etc you can lock with / key on num bad

you can get rid of sqaure by pressing L

if you press fire this creates the cam co oords and what cam is locked on inc f.o.v (zoom) etc

then alt tab open up a notepad or sqs and press ctrl v or paste.

basically you gotta put ~pauses in between each time you paste a new set .so the timings right.

now i have gone out on a limb here,cause if someone does say that text is still around, i gonna look rather silly lol. but i would be glad to be silly if thats the case wink_o.gif

It saves it to the clipboard so just go into notepad and hit ctl-v. It does not create a file anymore.

Not true, search the Biki, the clipboard.txt is saved to

C:\Documents and Settings\WINDOWSUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\clipboard.txt

if someone does say that text is still around, i gonna look rather silly lol. but i would be glad to be silly if thats the case wink_o.gif

Now look silly biggrin_o.gif

I'm 100% certain the clipboard.txt file was there in OFP 1.96 smile_o.gif

Thanks for the heads up on the clipboard ! Totally forgot to try pasting it into an empty txt. Cheers.

Since were on this subject does anyone know how to get depth of field in camera.sqs?

You mean <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_camera camSetFOV 0.700 ?

Quote[/b] ]Now look silly biggrin_o.gif

ah, the reason i use that forfeit is , i do look silly naturally , so no change.

besides was talking ofp lol. as for the biki , if thats true then i will eat my hat (oops done it this time), cause so far the biki has confused the ass off me.

Hit left mouse button or left ctl... i'm not sure which one does it but its one of those. It saves it to the clipboard so just go into notepad and hit ctl-v. It does not create a file anymore.

SFG was right. By pressing the left MB. The Coordinates are getting saved in the System. So you can just paste them into an Editor or Notepad....by the way...I always use Editior to write the Camscripts.

Okay the method still causes some headaches.

/// In OFP I could execute the camera.sqs function in the editor, move along my camera path, and click the fire button, and it would store all the information in a txt file. This way I could create smooth camera rides. I would just edit the commit values and other things in the created txt file.

/// In ArmA, I have to go to the position where I want the camera ride to begin, click fire, then I have to ALT-Tab out of the game into notepad, paste the data, Alt-Tab back into ArmA ... move to the next station of the ride, click fire once more .. Alt-Tab into notebook .. paste the data .. Alt-Tab back into ArmA .. BAM ! CTD. lol

So this method is not only a pain because you always gotta Tab to notepad for every single entry, but it randomly crashes my game as well.

I'd be grateful if someone had an idea how to get that textfile created without tabbin' out the game.

its where matte said m8.(well kinda)

do ya camera work , fire wher nesesary , when done .dont exit

alt tab (after all ya camera work not verytime).

click mycomp/localdisk c or whatever/ documents and settings/ owner or relevant to you/ local settings(not apl data yet)/application data/arma/ clipboard smile_o.gif

/// In ArmA, I have to go to the position where I want the camera ride to begin, click fire, then I have to ALT-Tab out of the game into notepad, paste the data, Alt-Tab back into ArmA ... move to the next station of the ride, click fire once more .. Alt-Tab into notebook .. paste the data .. Alt-Tab back into ArmA .. BAM ! CTD. lol

LMFAO - thats how i always did it in OFP, i never knew about no text file.. grr all that time and i find out now banghead.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Okay smack me please. Works smooth like peanut butter.

I really wonder how I could not read that thread properly. whistle.gif

LMFAO - thats how i always did it in OFP, i never knew about no text file.. grr all that time and i find out now banghead.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Same here crazy_o.gifwhistle.gif

Wouldn't it be nice to have a dialog in camera.sqs where you can fill your camcommit values, add a description, etc... so we can record a whole scene in one "take"? (hmm, something for the wishlist I guess)