Sign in to follow this  
lt.chris

Final Countdown

This mission has really confused the bits out of me

i clear the eneemy held area and then move onto the civis who are talking about the southan kingdom being evil then my soldier tells me ive got a choice

"either stay here or get into the striker and move on to the northan captial"

but when they reach the end of this little convosation the mission just immedetly ends and it we moved on to take the captial

another note about this final mission: the royals attack you and regardless of this i complete the mission and the ending is like yay we won and we gonna iqnore the attack by the royals on US troops

anyway this has heavly confused me

perhaps a bug maybe?

anyway anyone able to explain this?

I was also a bit irked by the ending, to be honest. But another gentleman in a different topic said he had found audio files that were dropped from the actual game which had the news reporter questioning a soldier about the reported attacks on US troops by their "Allies".

I'm not sure why it was dropped, but I'd love to hear the files for myself as well. smile_o.gif

Hello,

it was me, who discovered the audio files (BTW: he wasn't questioning a soldier but the TV man was talking to the war reporter wink_o.gif ).

The problem is, that I owe a czech version of the game, so any record posting is out of question (the TV stuff is actualy only thing translated to Czech - everything else got subtitles only).

Not sure if the record will be in English version too. But it's supposed to be in: Arma\Campaigns\ca.pbo\Missions\x100Outro.Sara\sound\XTv21.ogg

(You need PBO unpacker to get in that archive).

I'll try to rewrite at least something:

"American forces stopped and established positions at outskirts of the capital of Sahrani Democratic Republic, just a step to final attack against prime minister Torres".

"According to external sources there has been a firefight between American soldiers and Kings' troops, can you confirm that ?"

As someone already said I would aslo like to hear some official statement from BIS about this issue.

BTW: This is end-spoiling topic, so if a mod could mark it in the topic name wink_o.gif

Guest gundhi

This mission confused me either, first you got attacked by the royals and later noone´s talking about that incident…

With the end of this mission and the last TV spot, the campaign is over, isn´t it?

So, where is the new super Librarymod!?

I guess this librarymod should be unlocked as soon as you completed the last mission!?

How is this mission supposed to end? As always all my allied AI units from all squads got slaughtered in short order and I had to try and do the entire mission single-handedly. After going through all the "Check camp" waypoints I got to the last one (well, I assume) and it just changed to "Wait" and that was it... wait for what? I can't even figure out how to get the mission objectives up! (the "Plan" in the map is just blank).

Anyone?

I was perturbed by all the bugs and issues with this game. The campaign however has set me over the edge.

I struggled through a garbage campaign to get to a last mission that was utterly trash? What should I have expected...

I know its useless to get my shorts all in a bunch, but I have nearly lost faith in BIS and the future on this franchise.

****************SPOILERWARNING***************

At first I disliked the campaign. "Yet another good/evil conflict". Good US-guys beating commie scum and saving some fairy kingdom, just like many people conceive history and life. That's why people might think of this all as a BUG. I almost wanted to stop playing. But as I didn't think BIS were that stupid and anti-intellectual I continued and waited for "the turning point". I thought it would be strange if BIS were promoting US-imperialism and depicting US-guys as the "good ones" after all what's been done to millions of people and countries in the last few decades and, especially, the last few years.

The plot of the last missions is completely genius. Many people must have experienced the same things in real life throughout history. The USA have supported loads of fascists, companies, monarchs and do support loads of dictators today. The campaign has no happy ending, just as in most cases in real life. People who know too much simply disappear...

Now the only thing we need is a new (and bugfree) resistance expansion. Where one helps the people of Sahrani fight off the dictatorship of the capital and liberate the island.

The conflict in the game is pretty much like the one in the Vietnam war. Every media blames countries like Cuba for being dictatorships while most cubans support their regime and do vote in free elections. 60-70% of the Russians prefer the life in the USSR etc. There are huge campaigns in TV, newspapers and movies against some countries while nobody cares about dictators in the Middle East, Africa, Asia or Oceania.

Very interesting campaign.

The conflict in the game is pretty much like the one in the Vietnam war. Every media blames countries like Cuba for being dictatorships while most cubans support their regime and do vote in free elections. 60-70% of the Russians prefer the life in the USSR etc. There are huge campaigns in TV, newspapers and movies against some countries while nobody cares about dictators in the Middle East, Africa, Asia or Oceania.

If your an American you must have gone to public school. If your not, then it just amazing the way history is being re-written.

If Cuba is so free, then why do thousands risk their lives on homemade rafts to reach Florida?

However your view on how we care about certain dictatorships, yet give others a pass is spot on.

On topic: While the ideas in the campaign were inventive, they were under-developed and the bugs just ruined the intrigue.

It's true that the bugs are a very big problem. It spoils pretty much and I hope BIS will fix them for the european release.

It's also true that Cuba is not entirely free, but it's much more free than most other countries in South America. And the rate of freedom is what one expects for underdeveloped countries. Still, in some aspects it's freer than the USA. In Cuba there are no profit-making private companies that don't care about peoples welfare and lives. There's no private sector which controls the economy and the country. You also don't have to be a billionare to be a successful politician, everyone can get elected. People of age 16+ are allowed to vote. In Cuba the average life expectancy is only one year less than the one in the states. Health care and education is free. Many US-americans go to Cuba via some other S.A. country, as they can't afford an education in their own country. It's quite obvious why almost nobody knows this. It just shows who's in charge of our western countries. The people of the lower and to some extent the middle classes, or the upper classes...

Of course the people in Cuba are poorer, and poor people tend to go to richer countries. Not only cubans move to the USA, so do Mexicans, Europeans and Asians. Cuba is no exception. US-Americans are not allowed to travel to Cuba either though.

Spokesperson, even though I don't agree with some of your thoughts, they are well expressed.

If you wanted to continue on the topic I would like it if you put your opinions on the USA Politics thread.  This is not a knock on you, I really do think it would be a good topic of discussion, but won't likely go anywhere on this thread.

On the free medical care thing.  This is something I know a good deal about, you really should look into the healthcare in countries with socialized medicine.  Canada, England, Cuba are not examples of successful government run healthcare if you know enough about them.

Hello,

it was me, who discovered the audio files (BTW: he wasn't questioning a soldier but the TV man was talking to the war reporter wink_o.gif ).

The problem is, that I owe a czech version of the game, so any record posting is out of question (the TV stuff is actualy only thing translated to Czech - everything else got subtitles only).

Not sure if the record will be in English version too. But it's supposed to be in: Arma\Campaigns\ca.pbo\Missions\x100Outro.Sara\sound\XTv21.ogg

(You need PBO unpacker to get in that archive).

I've looked into the scripting of this mission in the german version when I found the same soundfiles you found before.

There is no optional ending right now. The plot for it is already there but it'll always be skipped for now.

Also there is a glitch in the timeline of that skipped news plot. Paying attention to Albert Delmar's case, it seems this is not an alternative ending, but the second last news cutscene before the "happy end" which is the only one shown to us in 1.02.

Heavy Spoiler Warning

Quote[/b] ]

<span style='color:white'>The Important part of the cutscene scriptfile with translations of all the german soundfiles.

The known outro, it ends with:

xtv13

More news. Congressman Albert Delmar was discharged from beeing involved into ilegal acquisitions as board man of Spellman Fuels.

#part2 - this is the skipped plot

xtv20

Exactly this question bothers all the people here Ed. The assault on Bagango was canceled with no further explanations.

xtv21

It seems the US forcers were ordered to hold their positions in front of the capital of the Democratic Repulic of Sahrani. Just before the crucial attack on the official residence of Prime Minister Torez.

xtv22

That's... That's really a dramatic development Thomas. Is there already a statement for this sudden end of this offensive which was supposed to establish order on the island?

xtv23

There are many Rumors. Most common is King Joseph III. of South Sahrani deceased this morning, so it's the wrong time to reunite both nations.

xtv24

There were supposed to be fire fights between US forces and royal troops just before the assault. Are you able to confirm this?

xtv25

No, I can't. But in operations of such scale friendly fire does happen sometimes. That might well be so here.

xtv26

While the whole world is waiting for the northern regime to be overthrown it seems to remain in power this evening. The people wonder if this long and bloody conflict was all in vain.

xtv27

Thank you Thomas.

xtv28

While it becomes more certain the highest curt will convict congressman Albert Delmar for ilegal transactions, he did as board member of Spellman Fuels...

#part3 - the outro will always continue from here

This black screen epiloge, "Shit"...

And there are two supicious english soundfiles in this mission, not refered to in the script:

xtv26_rightend

...Most likely this was exactly such a scenario.

In the meantime Ed, while the whole world is beeing waiting for the northern regime to be toppled, by the end the day they may still be in control. People are asking themselfes if this long and bloody conflict really has been for nothing.

xtv26_wrongend

...Most likely this was exactly such a scenario.

In the meantime Ed, while the whole world is beeing waiting for the northern regime to be toppled, by the end the day they may still be in control. People are asking themselfes if this long and bloody conflict really has been for nothing.

From the United... from Sahrani... this is Thomas Norvic, ANN Network.</span>

I think even the campaign screenplay wasn't finished before the german release because there would need to be at least one mission between the last two news reports. One which clears out all the differences between the US and Southern Sahrani.

Or probably the end we know was just created for the rushed release and before the campaign was supposed to continue in a very different way with much more missions from there on.

I was perturbed by all the bugs and issues with this game.  The campaign however has set me over the edge.  

I struggled through a garbage campaign to get to a last mission that was utterly trash?  What should I have expected...

I know its useless to get my shorts all in a bunch, but I have nearly lost faith in BIS and the future on this franchise.

Ditto! banghead.gif

yeah knowticed em.. their by the base in the night time counter attack in the campain mission before the defence of the airfield

Back on topic...how do you beat this mission? I've destroyed all tanks and tons of infantry at all the small sandbag camps. I killed all AI at this one outpost with snipers and such in the towers around it. Now I'm driving around in tanks checking out each outpost to see where in the hell the final AI is hiding.

Am I missing something?

Well, i can barely START this mission... i'm in the vehicle at the beginning and it's driving down the road, then it decides to slow right down, turn left and drive through a fence, then oooh, will it get back on the road!? YES! We're back on the road and moving at a nice pace (finally) - oh wait, here's a bridge, how do i navigate THIS one? says the AI.

So he just parks on the start of the bridge, and refuses to move.

Thanks, Armed Assault.

Finished the campaign yesterday.

Hmm, what should I say.....

Far below BIS standard could be the right expression. I played a lot better missions/campaigns made by users in OFP than this.

Very confusing what is going on:

After I checked the refugee camp, the next mission tells me to check camps in Bagango. But on the map it sys "this is the camp to be checked". And guess what: It is the camp I have already checked a mission before!

Both last missions don't end, you have to endmission them.

Definitely rushed missions to get the game out on Christmas in Germany/Austria/Switzerland.

Besides the game is still very buggy (even on 1.02) The campaign shows how little effort was put in this game by BIS.

At least one additional mission in single missions folder is exactly the same as in campaign. Which shows that BIS even didn't take time to produce some good single player missions.

All in all I feel a little bit betrayed by BIS. Still based on my experience from the last 5 years, I will wait and see if BIS will compensate us for the buggy release we bought at full price and the using of the buyers like beta-testers (of the german and czech version).

If this is the last mission (which is suspect from other's posts) then what the hell? The campaign is very short... I'm kinda disappointed.

I thought there'd be something at least as long as OFP, but then again, ArmA has basically no character story, so hmm.

Is "Game 2" still on it's way?

yeh its abit of a shame that theres no pictuclar characters to the story not even a small story of being a basic soldier on the field

oh well hopefully we will see something better in the future

Well I had a crack at these two missions - I should say from the beginning that I didn't play these in order, I used the Campaign cheat to get to them. CWC is the only campaign I've ever finished properly - might say something about how good I am at playing these games but never mind.

Anyway, yeah, I have to say though the final mission did finish for me eventually. It finished as I was no where near an enemy soldier (so it didn't feel like I had just killed the last bad guy) so I'm not sure what criteria I met. The other thing was that right at the beginning the bridge was taken out - only it wasn't. A bomb went off, but nothing happened. Doesn't break the mission but it looks silly.

The previous mission however - I did get that bug when the Stryker got all worried at the turn off when really it should have just stayed on the road. Unfortunately after clearing the SLA camp we were then to go to the civilian camp. The Stryker slowly came to pick us up, then got in a tiss about 200 meters from the place it was supposed to pick us up. And the it just stopped, and my get in waypoint shifted to its position. Sort of like "Wait there Foxtrot, we'll come to ya...er...on second thoughts, you come to us..."

And then when we all boarded it still refused to carry on and after a minute dumped me back outside, like it had reached the Transport Unload waypoint without moving...at which point I gave up on the mission.

Spoilers

Quote[/b] ]

<span style='color:white'>The RCAS attack is never explained (as far as I can tell - afterall I played the last few missions out of order I could have missed something quite easily) but certainly at the end of the campaign "all is well" and North Sahrani was liberated by the combined Royal Army Corps, US Army and US Marines - apparently. So to that end, the RCAS attack is never explained and it seems BIS made no attempt to rectify any storyline bugs for the 505 release.

After reading through this thread the alternative ending sounds much more interesting and I kind of hope they make this so for the US release at least. Failing that, we may have to make it ourselves perhaps...</span>

The story is very intelligent.

To me it's quite obvious why the RACS where shooting at the US-squad. Note that the civilians in the camp say that they DON'T want to go back to the South. And that the RACS led by the King are criminals.

The "main" character (there are loads) realizes that the North actually liberated the South and that the US and RAC troops fought off the "good guys".

As a result the RAC troops see that the player has found out the truth and that he has to be stopped at all costs. That way nobody ever gets to know the truth. This is a thing that must have happened throughout history many times.

And it's well known if we take a look at Chile, Vietnam or Cuba, that the US is or was supporting fascists. Looke like that's something that can be justified when oil is involved like in the case with Saudi Arabia.

Also in the end cutscene the reporter tell of how 'scenes of desicration of locals and refugees by retreating SLA forces were found as in south serhani.

So the SLA (who didnt even guard the regugee camp of the mission before) killed the refugees and their own civillians?? or maybe the RACS who attacked you and 'were absulutely determined to end their northern neighbour' really were the armed fist of a regime backed by the US.

But then again thecampaign was so terribly done i doubt anyone can learn about the way international relations works from anything apart rom the way the media was portrayed, which was an accurate discription.

1.05 missions actually end biggrin_o.gif the last one was good, bombed hell out of the capital and didnt need to hunt for many more troops.

It's simply an awful awful campaign.. The last mission is so damn confusing it's unreal.. I had the same thing.. Check out the refugee camp.. Why? It's already been done!! I'm currently stuck at the moment with a WAIT command as I teamswitched 'to see the other aspect of the battle'

God help anyone new to this fine community.. They'll disappear without a trace very quickly.. Not everyone wants to fiddle around making new units/textures/missions.. When you go and buy a game you expect it to be playable..

It would probably have been better off releasing as sandbox kind of game instead of having a totally diabolical and bugged to death campaign.

confused_o.gif

@ Mar. 13 2007,17:44)]It's simply an awful awful campaign.. The last mission is so damn confusing it's unreal..  I had the same thing.. Check out the refugee camp.. Why? It's already been done!!  I'm currently stuck at the moment with a WAIT command as I teamswitched 'to see the other aspect of the battle'

God help anyone new to this fine community.. They'll disappear without a trace very quickly.. Not everyone wants to fiddle around making new units/textures/missions.. When you go and buy a game you expect it to be playable..

It would probably have been better off releasing as sandbox kind of game instead of having a totally diabolical and bugged to death campaign.

confused_o.gif

Amen to that...

The issue is even poorer. The only quality mission is exclusive for the 505-release.

Nice PR-Stunt.