Sign in to follow this  
Novusordo

Realism soundpack v1.0

Here it is - decent sound for ArmA AT LAST!

Please feel free to donate any high quality sounds you may have lurking in the depths of your harddrive and then maybe I can scrape enough more together make a V2 yay.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Changelist:

-----------

M249

M4

M16

M24

AT4 anti-armour rocket launcher

120mm fire

120mm shell impact

Vehicle explode

Grenade explode (M67 & RG)

Satchel explode

Install instructions:

----------------------

The first thing to do is to backup the packages we will be editing. To do this, open cpbo.exe and let it associate pbo files with it. Now go to "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns" and create a new zip file and name it "backup". Hold CTRL and then click on "sounds.pbo" & "weapons.pbo" then drag the two files into the newly created zip file so they are zipped up nice and safe for the future or in the very unlikely event that you prefer Bohemia's shoddy half-arsed attempt on the sound in this magnificent game.

Now right click on "sounds.pbo" and choose "extract". Do the same for "weapons.pbo".

Now extract "1.zip" into "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns\weapons\Data\Sound" folder and then extract "2.zip" into "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns\weapons\sound" and finally, extract "3.zip" into "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns\sounds"

Once all 3 parts of my soundpack have been installed, you need to now re-pack the pbo's so the game engine can use the new sounds. Just go to "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns" again, and right-click the folder "sounds" and choose "Create PBO" and answer YES to the overwrite prompt. Do the same for the folder "weapons" too.

That's it!

Compatability & Misc:

----------------------

It should be fine with both versions of ArmA and with or without the 1.01 patch.

I'm quite sure this soundpack will be okay with any future patch releases because all the sounds are named the same. Although if the patch contains any sound improvements (which it bloody well needs to) then just replace my soundpack with the original pbo's you backed up before you apply the patch. I will release a compatible version of the soundpack shortly after.

Video preview of the soundpack

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=rQz6EO_WfS0" target="_blank">

Another preview video</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>DOWNLOAD HERE

Or here

Or here</span>

Great work man! Cant wait to try this out smile_o.gif Good sound makes a world of difference in experiencing combat.

thanks for link burns and yeah bunkers it is the most important IMO.

Nice work m8, perhabs u can also add new weapon sound for the "east" side.I think the BF2 ones are not the worst and really better as those we got implemented right now. thumbs-up.gif

i dont get the cpbo.exe to work.....

dont get a "extract" option when right clicking the pbo´s :/

could anyone please send me the updated pbo´s?

why dosen't it work? wots the error messege?

the pbo's are huge m8 and uplaoding them will piss bohemian right off cos anyone can grab all the sounds then.

Nice work m8, perhabs u can also add new weapon sound for the "east" side.I think the BF2 ones are not the worst and really better as those we got implemented right now. thumbs-up.gif

yeah the bf2 ones r v nice. do have bf2? if so try and extract them for me and i'll do east with them.

edit: thanks for mirror link.

i dont get the cpbo.exe to work.....

Try using eliteness, haven´t come to test yet but i´m confident smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">To do this, open cpbo.exe and let it associate pbo files with it.

I'm a noob on this as I've never opened or done anything else with a pbo file so what do you mean by this? Simply running the cpbo.exe?

once cpbo is installed , double click on it , and it will extract automatically.

u dont install cpbo.exe cos it's an inclusive standalone executable.

just run cpbo.exe that comes with the soundpack and answer yes then when u right click pbo files you will see an option to extract or pack them.

why dosen't it work? wots the error messege?

the pbo's are huge m8 and uplaoding them will piss bohemian right off cos anyone can grab all the sounds then.

nothing happens.... not even a error message..

just cant open the pbo´s...... and not pack them either for that matter.....

u dont install cpbo.exe cos it's an inclusive standalone executable.

just run cpbo.exe that comes with the soundpack and answer yes then when u right click pbo files you will see an option to extract or pack them.

thats exactly how i do it, but i dont get the extract option.....

and not the pack option either....

im running Win XP pro SP2 (swedish)

maybe i should say that cpbo "installs" every time i double click it.....

i tried to unpack with unPBO 1.5 , and repack with cpbo.

i have the "make pbo" action , but no "extract" 's one .

game gived me an error on texture stuff. doesn't work

try it again.

you may of put the wss files in the texture folder in the pbo.

try it again.

you may of put the wss files in the texture folder in the pbo.

what the hell ?

i didnt touch any texture . i just followed your readme instruction.

now i repack all , and i test again.

Yeah right, rip the sounds out of BF2 and break your BF2 end user license that way by porting them sounds to ArmA.

----------------

Nice sound pack mate,

I didn't have the time yet to check if this works.

So anybody got this working or is it buggered?