Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

cwrbannerwhite.jpg

If you don't know what Cold War Rearmed (CWR) is, read more here.

For job offers, please see above link.

Edited by W0lle

how exactly do i sign up?

i would like to help out at the best of my abilities...

i can probably help in converting the old CWC islands smile_o.gif

how exactly do i sign up?

i would like to help out at the best of my abilities...

i can probably help in converting the old CWC islands smile_o.gif

And that's exactly what we need, cool. Just edit the page and put your name and "profession" in there. I can do that also if you post your name/profession here.

I am not an island designer so I cannot help you here, but I want to say that I am impressed about the milestone plan in the Biki which I havent seen in any other Ofp modification.

Nice smile_o.gif

Nice idea , if you need help with some models , i could lend a hand wink_o.gif. (if i find time between BWMod and G85)

To bad you use the Elite vehicles , i wished you had the manpower and time to make some new ones.

Maybe a cooperation with G85 would be interestimg since it plays in the same year.

To bad you use the Elite vehicles , i wished you had the manpower and time to make some new ones.

Maybe a cooperation with G85 would be interestimg since it plays in the same year.

Well the point is for 1.00 to be a relatively quick port of the content over to ArmA, future patches can include some of the realism fixes people screamed about back in the day as well as updated models and such.

Very interresting. The wish of getting all the old OFP content over to ArmA might acctually happen afterall biggrin_o.gif

I'm a but curious about how the original formation of Everon, Malden and so forth, is going to be effected when you replace the original texture from OFP over to a texture based on a satellite photo from the true original islands (Tenerife, Krk and Levkas)

Everon and Malden might look completely different when it comes out in ArmA.

I like the whole concept of this.

I know people we scream about ports etc. but they should be happy for what they will get in the time that is estimated for this.

to be honest.... my first thought when i tried ArmA was... "damn, i gotta remake the OFP islands for this"

hopefully we will soon get our hands on the new ArmA tools smile_o.gif

I might sign up for some model work,problem is I tend to be picky about things and like to make high detail models..my jeep came out to be around 5000 faces and abrams 6470 (very HD) but if thats within the allowance then yeah I'd sign up. If any images are needed to prove this then I'll be happy to host them.

man I'm so worried about editing and screwin somethin up,just entering text under the

== Communicaton Channel ==

won't ruin anything right? <.<

so is this port a semi-official mod for ArmA? smile_o.gif

Yes it's fully endorsed by us smile_o.gif

I would help with converting maps but I do not have such powerfull PC which can handle ArmA sad_o.gif

Then you should sign up at the mentioned wiki post smile_o.gif

This project sounds very interesting and I do like the idea of importing "a part of the heart of OFP" to ArmA.

I might provide some support with GUI/ .cpp/ scripts/effects, textures and light 3D editing, only once 505 is released, though. ;_)

Regards,

Thunderbird

Suma said, that ArmA tools haven´t establish release date sad_o.gif

I take it we will get our "interviews" when they are to see who goes and who stays?

Suma said, that ArmA tools haven´t establish release date sad_o.gif

That may be true, but we have Mik's eliteness, we know the cpp syntax, we know how to convert OFP scripts to ArmA scripts, etc. Creating a mod is not all about modelling.

We're currently checking what things/jobs have to be done; as soon as we cleared that, we'll "interview" people.

Probably we don't need many people in the beginning, when the project is growing we need more...