Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

On the topic of CWC buildings, are there any plans to make them all enterable or at least the majority? As thats wat ive found downhearting with OFP, how i had to treat the buildings just as static blocks i had to run around rather than react to.

bootneckofficer

Maybe later. Now we just try to get CWC running in ArmA. smile_o.gif

Hi guys,

I may be able to help if your still looking for people, I've had about 4 years modding experience on ofp, texturing, model making, terrian making, alot of scripting, sound editing (got my own studio), and a hell of alot of years under my belt with ofp experience (from day 1) smile_o.gif

wut if u import the islands from OFP:Elite cause they use streaming technology that arma uses.

wut if u import the islands from OFP:Elite cause they use streaming technology that arma uses.

That's our goal, as you can read here. smile_o.gif

So when will we see actual WIP shots other than in your avatars?

@MAA3057: The focus is for now on CWC and OFPR, as these are the initial BI products. I don't know if we're running into copyright issues when we convert Red Hammer, as it is done by CM afaik. I'll try to get answers.

@Chipper: This definitely will take a while, I'm sorry to say. sad_o.gif

Red hammer was done by codemasters? didn't realize that. I'm sure that some people from the community will do a Red Re-armed Campaign After the Cold War Rearmed is released anyway.

if not ill add it to my ArmA project list. biggrin_o.gif

Question about Cold War Rearmed, the campaign, will the characters voices just be the same voices as they were in CWC or will you be recording new ones?

Question about Cold War Rearmed, the campaign, will the characters voices just be the same voices as they were in CWC or will you be recording new ones?

We maybe have to record new voices, as voice acting in OFP(:R) was done by CM. I didn't check OFPE yet, the voices there are from BI. So it's not decided, but probably we're not going to add new voices.

All this sounds very interesting but to be a wee bit Cynical is the fact BIS aiding you with this have something to do with the shitty ArmA campaign which i've heard lacks substance.

...something to do with the shitty ArmA campaign which i've heard lacks substance.

Whats this? A person passing judgement on something they haven't seen/played for themselves? Here? On these forums? Good-God...

We maybe have to record new voices, as voice acting in OFP(:R) was done by CM. I didn't check OFPE yet, the voices there are from BI. So it's not decided, but probably we're not going to add new voices.

I can't say the OFP:E voice acting was of that quality that it would be a better alternative then recording it yourselfs sad_o.gif

Not all where bad though but there where some robots in the campaign who totally killed the atmosphere

It beats this, lol. Mind the Russian animation, "or else you will die!"

(Look at Link rub up against hajji at 1:20)

ONTOPIC:

I am not entirely familiar with the OFP:E voices but I don't think they should recreate the dubbing for an extention. I really don't mind it unless audio quality (compared to ArmA) is involved.

...something to do with the shitty ArmA campaign which i've heard lacks substance.

Whats this? A person passing judgement on something they haven't seen/played for themselves? Here? On these forums? Good-God...

I never said it was crap, i said i read it was crap..Check this thread out here.

This is why i'm very interested in this Cold War Rearmed mod.

It's for sure now: We definitely won't convert he Red Hammer campaign. confused_o.gif

thats not such a huge loss... it really wasnt that good - instead of converting, you could just make a 'similiar' one... call it Red Scythe or something whistle.gif

Progress update 1.

The CWR team has a hidden board to share its knowledge and progress, the work is going foward and everyone is happy or banned.

su25.jpg

EDIT: Wonder how I made it?

Since I got some questions I wrote this guide..

Guide at www.anrop.net

Quote[/b] ]thats not such a huge loss... it really wasnt that good - instead of converting, you could just make a 'similiar' one... call it Red Scythe or something whistle.gif

or Retaliation for example... wink_o.gif

GranQ - not very constructive.. another post like that will result in +1 WL

i thought he had come up with a new bis forum moderator motto

its kinda catchy dont ya think :-)

GranQ - not very constructive.. another post like that will result in +1 WL

I fail to see how hidding information and knowledge in a hidden board, as it was already expressed in the "talk page" of the CWR wiki, is more constructive than GranQ, right on spot, screenshot.

so are we saying ,the cwr team are privvy to info about models and script conversion ,that the community in general are not ?

or is it simply ,"if you discover how to do something dont tell anybody " ?

i guess either way it would be a sad fact that a BIki created for the sharing of information was actualy being used as a medium to withold information, unless the content which is beng witheld, is new maps ,surprises etc.now thats a different matter.