Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

This is great news for a hardcore ofp fan like me!! smile_o.gif

When you release this stuff you'll have my respect and gratitude forever inlove.gif

Being nostalgic after reading this is restarted the ofp campaign and man; it just blows the arma campaign away. Although graphics may be outdated, the mood in the missions is just so much better.

Hereby i wish you the best of luck on this piece of hard work, which will greatly be apreciated by the ofp community!!

Quote[/b] ]We already have many volunteers, we already can't take everyone in. You can put your name on the list... wink_o.gif

I know that mate.

Anyway, if you need help or so one day, you know where to find me tounge2.gif

Hey all,

i have been playing the cwc campaign on sahrani ,it actually converts very well.i hope you get to make everon soon ,would love to see that isalnd (or any for that matter) in arma. good luck with the process.there were some sticky points, but the worst of all was cam setpos in cutscenes, in the end for my own use i simply place exit at the top of the sqs wink_o.gif.

good luck and hope to be playing on everon soon (ish).

i will be putting res on sahra after i finish the cwc i will let ya know if that as many probs too.

oh and one more thing in chopper scene player is put to front seat, so when fowley and kozlowski are talking you cant hear over rotors . best to go external or change seats smile_o.gif

Are you guys actually planning to release the orginal ofp islands as 3 separate maps? Why not merge them into one map, creating a small island group, given AAs ability to stream maps of this size now? I'm sure it'd come handy in giving old ofp more of a "next-gen" felling smile_o.gif

1) Are multiple landing strips possible now?

2) What is the grid spacing now? I'm assuming it is better than 50m. Does Elite contain the old 50m spacing or a smaller grid?

3) The quickest way to do any of the conversions I think would be a "replace all" either in a new island editor or the same ability via text on all of the island entities to similar newer entities from ArmA. Tweaking after conversion for any overlaps or gaps. Main change would then be to redo the forests.

4) All maps in one would be nice but would it vreak the landing strips? How should they be placed? Can they be worked on individually to save time and then merged after?

5) Have they made it easier to do the &*&^%#$@ roads?

6) Why is my name red on the Biki?

6.) As you don't have a userpage yet.

The rest of the questions is more or less OT wink_o.gif

Are you guys actually planning to release the orginal ofp islands as 3 separate maps? Why not merge them into one map, creating a small island group, given AAs ability to stream maps of this size now? I'm sure it'd come handy in giving old ofp more of a "next-gen" felling smile_o.gif

By their looks the islands have noticeable climate differences and that would look a bit odd. Placement of the islands should take the climates into account, but it will still make porting missions harder.

Needless to say, not eveyone who sign up will be invited to join the team.

A Mod team that turns people away, this has to be a first  tounge2.gif

I will say however that this sounds very interesting and i'll be keeping my eye (look at my avatar) on this.... thumbs-up.gif

Are the special character models going to be completely redone, just import it and get it in the game, or a comprimise of the two choices.

Special characters with their own unique 3d body model... That means General Guba, Guba's secretary, etc.

I'd like to actually see a good model made for General Guba in a real Soviet General's uniform.  Then make a better model for Angelina, since the original OFP body model is vastly outdated.

Just curious on this, I'll probably contribute some suggestions regarding this on the wiki in the area for Cold War Rearmed.

1) Are multiple landing strips possible now?

2) What is the grid spacing now? I'm assuming it is better than 50m. Does Elite contain the old 50m spacing or a smaller grid?

3) The quickest way to do any of the conversions I think would be a "replace all" either in a new island editor or the same ability via text on all of the island entities to similar newer entities from ArmA. Tweaking after conversion for any overlaps or gaps. Main change would then be to redo the forests.

4) All maps in one would be nice but would it vreak the landing strips? How should they be placed? Can they be worked on individually to save time and then merged after?

5) Have they made it easier to do the &*&^%#$@ roads?

6) Why is my name red on the Biki?

As with M16 im curious about this to, I havent been able to see the new specs on WRP Tool or such for ArmA, but you can count me in for WRP if you need a guy for it.

If you need me, email me, thee_reaper@hotmail.com

Added myself for betatesting, there´s other things i could do (like making pics) but then again there´s so many people with far more talent so i´m just hoping to be one of the lucky lurkers biggrin_o.gif

Guess there are already a truckload of mission-editors and soundguys, so signing up is way to optimistic for me biggrin_o.gif

Like the initiative ! thumbs-up.gif

Added myself for helping with missions and beta testing.  There are other things I could do, but do not want to over-commit myself and have other things to do.

Hi, i'll like to help in the textures field to all those OFP/ArmA players out there; but i don't have the OFP:CWR so i don't know how i could, not only that... i just have some of the tools that i used for the OFP and they don't seem to serve for the ArmA, plus that the ArmA will not reach my country before febrery or so, so the few help that i could offer will get late (and probably drunk or on drugs) so by now i think that i can't bring my help to the OFP/ArmA players. But as soon that i get the ArmA and some tools... i gonna do what i could for us all. Let's C ya

How are you gentlemen?

I am a highly skilled addon maker and an experienced beta tester and I would like to offer my support to this project, albeit primarily/soley moral.

I am sure that you recognize my name from the two works of art I have created for the OFP community during my past five years of lurking; the great roflcopter and peter pan. I think that these addons serve as true benchmarks of the kind of quality work that I can create.

I am far too busy to add myself to your so called "Biki" entry, but if you are truly interested in making me a part of your team you can contact me via private message so we can negotiate a contract.

Thank you,

blackdog

A tad bit too self righteous there don't ya think? Nobody is above signing their names in if they wish to participate,the best,the worst and the good have already done it,I see no reason why you think you should be excluded.

A tad bit too self righteous there don't ya think? Nobody is above signing their names in if they wish to participate,the best,the worst and the good have already done it,I see no reason why you think you should be excluded.

I think he's being just a tad bit facetious. It's who he is. biggrin_o.gif

Abs

signed up, my skills lies with the bugs im afraid, and some scripting/mission editing xmas_o.gif

Happy to help but am not sure how to actually sign up on wiki - could edit page but not sure if thats right biggrin_o.gif

So i'll pst here.

Happy to help with most stuff.

Scripting, Animations, Sound editing, Mission making/converson, Testing and promotional screenshots.

Thats what i can help with.

How are you gentlemen?

I am a highly skilled.....you,

blackdog

LOL, Rebl Men...lol

The simple things in life are sometimes the funniest...

Happy to help but am not sure how to actually sign up on wiki - could edit page but not sure if thats right biggrin_o.gif

So i'll pst here.

Happy to help with most stuff.

Scripting, Animations, Sound editing, Mission making/converson, Testing and promotional screenshots.

Thats what i can help with.

You kinda have to edit the page to add your name smile_o.gif

The project does not accept additional signups at this time

If you have signed up, and not yet been contacted, you will be if/when your skillset is required.

xmas_o.gif