Sign in to follow this  
Fripounet

Mouse lag

Hello ArmA users and support team,

I cannot play because of this very annoying problem:

I cannot aim and kill enemies: In the "static" area (middle of the screen), the mouse cursor moves one half second after the physical mouse movement.

I tried:

Mouse configuration:

- PS/2 Mouse or USB Mouse

- Standard Windows XP drivers / Latest WHQL Logitech drivers

- PS/2 driver mouse configuration: Sample rate 100 or 200 / s

- Microsoft mouse configuration: with or without "Enable fast..."

- Logitech mouse configuration: with or without "Disable acceleration in games"

Nvidia configuration:

- Vsync off and triple buffering off

- Vsync on and triple buffering on

- Max frames to render ahead: 0,1,2 or 3

All screen resolutions => 1024x768

The mouse lag is still here. There a bit less mouse lag in 800x600 or 640x480 and all video options very low or disabled but it is still unplayable and the game is ugly.

PC Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

Leadtek GeForce 6600GT 128 MB - Latest official WHQL Nvidia drivers v93.71

Onboard Realtek soundcard - driver vA3.94

RAM 1 GB

ArmA Czech 1.01 with 6th sense English patchs

DirectX 9.0c

It is a PC dedicated to games, with only GRAW, NFS Carbon and ArmA installed. It is very clean installation.

It is the first time I have a mouse issue in a game. What could I do to reduce or eliminate the mouse lag ?

Thanks in advance for your help ! smile_o.gif

Yes the mouse lag is annoying. Even when running at 50+ FPS I experience this slight mouse lag.

Another thing is that the iron sight seem erratic at times when you turn.

Those two things make the game seem to run at a lower FPS that it actually does and should be fixed.

When upping the game speed to 4x the mouse lag seems to go away, which make me think the bug has to do with the turn rate limiter of the game (which is a great feature if it was implemented well because games where you can turn in a split second and hit something fail at being tactical shooters).

Argh already in page 3.

What could we try ? I'm ready to take time to test whatever you want (ArmA related only of course nener.gif )

didn't make new topic because my problem is quite the same.

I am running polish version of the game. Sometimes when i look down at some spots (randomly - wood, cities, smokes but also sky, plain ground, sand) [ESPECIALLY WHEN ZOOMING WITH RMB] i get the mouse lag. But its not only the mouse that gets lagged but also keyboard (! ). The reaction of the character is like 2-3 seconds (random! ) longer than it should be. I am getting like 40-70 fps (depends on the place on the map), sometimes it drops down to 20 in big cities like the capital, but it never drops below 20. However the mouse & keyboard lag still occur. Moreover - when the lag happens, i am not experiencing frame drop, its still normal (40-70). Because of that I am unsure if this is graphic issue. However I will just mention that my video card is Radeon x700.

Tried to lower the details and lag seemed to occur more rarely (also when changing resolution) but it still was there (actually still is). Tried all your tricks in the thread but they did not work.

Whole this stuff makes game unplayable.

I also get this problem, playing the german version

I was hoping 1.02 would fix it but it's still there. Why is it only effecting some of us sad_o.gif