Sign in to follow this  
DaSquade

Bulldozer lag

Hello,

For some time i had issues with lag in my bulldozer screen.

Until recently i actually found what was the problem is.

First some info:

I have a dual monitor/Ati 9800pro (128mb)/3Ghz/1Gb DDR 400.

So i found out that when i have my O2 on one screen and bulldozer on the other (that is why dual monitors are handy for example), but when i have Windows (Live) messenger on the same screen of my bulldozer it laggs the hell out of my bulldozer. if i put my msn (messenger windows) on the other screen i don't have the lag.

It isn't a mather of having a detailed model in bulldozer, as i have it also when a new empty file is loaded.

Ok, in the end you could say, ok you found a solution (run msn on the other screen) and it works (just a bit unhandy sometimes), but i was wondering if there is a solution. I know bulldozer is pretty high demanding even if empty. In the end it is more or less a 'game' you run (based on game info). On the other hand we might have soon the new tools (hope those are bug free by now icon_rolleyes.gif )...

Anyway, so i don't expect a fix or better solution from anyone (always welcome), but decided just to post my experience and maybe this helps those who encountered it too, but didn't would out yet.

I had similar problems using 2 screens on my 9600xt. I came to the conclusion it was a limitation of the graphics card - "heavy" graphical programs can only be run on one screens or the other, not both? I could run OFP on the primary and type scripts on the secondary, but I could not use WrpTool spread over both screens.

A good solution for your problem would be to close MSN, you get more work done that way : )