Sign in to follow this  
Messiah

Utterly mad CTD problem

I'm modeling a vehicle... well its modeled, and im applying textures to it

now the other day when applying a texture to a part of the model, i then went ingame to test... it loads up fine and then when i click preview it Freezes... sometimes it shows the model for the briefest of moments but thats it.

if i delete the part of the model i mapped, it stops the problem. Now, its not a problem with the textue... why? because its a differen texture causing the problems each time. I've resized them, I've binarized to check any model errors, I've checked faces... i've done everything under the sun... i've had other people check the model for me and again we cant fine a reason for the freezing.

if you start internally it wont CTD, but once you go to 3rd person it locks up. If i removed the newly mapped object, it works again... there doesnt seem to be any consistancy with what and why it happens....

any one got any ideas?

nevermind - it was a problem with having too many faces and too many selections whistle.gif

Having a genuine problem, even if something that turns out was obvious or easy to fix is never a waste of time or space or bandwidth.