Sign in to follow this  
twisted

Please allow me to preorder online

It's been confirmed that ARMA will be able to be bought online, http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=53869

So PLEASE BIS could you allow people to preorder and pay?

of course preorders would not be playable before the box edition is first released. but you could organise it so it predownloads or is ready to downlaod at the same time as the box version is first released?

that way peopel who want the game ASAP can pay and get it ASAP and you'd get the money sooner without hassling about the middleman taking too much of a cut.

I rader have the box in the shop, but if that means i have to wait months after months i really would like to preorder, but i don't know if i'll be able to do it.

I dont have paypal, or any special credit cards.

So i dont know how i would pay for it and have it in my hand sad_o.gif

In other way if i'll be able to download it from internet i might not get the box, the box is one of the things i really would like to keep.

ps- i would like someone to explain me how it will work if this preorder online goes forward, thanks.

I wont preorder a copy of ArmA. First of all, i wanne see a demo or download copy and check this product.

If that makes me happy i'll buy...np.

Box all the way!

Im never ever going to get this brilliant game as an online download.... I want to have the box in my hands, take it into my bed and make love with it !! inlove.gif

There is another option.. why not preorder a box version of ArmA ? huh.gif

Why do people here, who cannot or don't like downloads simply sit down and ignore it?. I mean just because you don't like this system, doesn't mean the people who do want it should suffer because you people are selfish. It's already been confirmed fifty billion times ArmA will have a box, so what the hell is your problem? How will it cheapen it? Some people here have broadband and like online purchasing for games,. yet everyone here is going "nooo steam sucks" or "downloading sucks". Well guess what, you're not gonna buy it through that way so shut up please.

Why do people here, who cannot or don't like downloads simply sit down and ignore it?. I mean just because you don't like this system, doesn't mean the people who do want it should suffer because you people are selfish. It's already been confirmed fifty billion times ArmA will have a box, so what the hell is your problem? How will it cheapen it? Some people here have broadband and like online purchasing for games,. yet everyone here is going "nooo steam sucks" or "downloading sucks". Well guess what, you're not gonna buy it through that way so shut up please.

agree.

i'll buy both online and box version but will buy online first because i hate when dvds get scratched.

well.. isnt that the original sense of a forum ? To share your opinion with others ?

I also agree on that but.. things have to be said. This way BIS can find out how people react on this system and find out if its going to work out or not.

Sharing opinion is okay... even if ther are 50 people saying "downloading sucks", it should only be done in a proper way.

isnt there a special edition box being release as well. i could wait for that

isnt there a special edition box being release as well. i could wait for that

That special edition better come with real AK47. biggrin_o.gif

I agree, but you don't have to be so harsh.

I would prefer to have the boxed version, however I live in the US and BIS has not announced a publisher for the US, yet. And I do not think a publisher will be announced and be ready to distribute the game by mid to end of November, as is currently planned in Europe.

So, in that case I would be more than happy to be able to preorder the game and download it when it is released in Europe.

That will give me some time to work with the game and determine how I want to configure Armed Assault for MP play before I convert my public game server from Resistance to Armed Assault.

Maybe a dumb question but I have dial-up and live in the Carribean, so I would have to D/L from internet cafe. Would I be able to the copy it onto Dvd, or would I have to lug my computer to the cafe?  huh.gif

If there's a DVD player that is able to burn DVD:s in the cafe, you should be able to do it there. Though it migh get a bit expensive to download a game at a net cafe, depends on the speeds n' prices there.

I want to taste the box myself.

Maybe this is a stupid idea, and for sure it wont happen but anyway: I would like if we could pre-order the game and then download the manual in advance. I would love to read the manual now to shorten the wait for this great game. But that would kinda kill any surprise when the game itself is released, so I guess that's one reason it wont happen.