Sign in to follow this  
InqWiper

Killing causes freezing

If a unit with a rucksack local on my computer is killed I get a 2 second freeze then it is normal for a second again followed by another 2 second freeze and the rucksack is droped from the killed unit. There is no problem if I play MP and a soldier in someone elses squad has a rucksack and gets killed. Ive tried reinstalling both OFP and WGL 2 times but it didnt help, and Ive tried searching around a little on this forum. Ive had this problem since atleast 5.0 Beta. Does anyone have any idea how this can be fixed? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not.. This is also a forum for troubleshooting of the orignal OFP game. Anything concerning mods or addons should be directed to their own threads.

Ok. I tried asking in the WGL 5.0 thread but I got no response and it was locked. If this is locked Ill just go bother people in the 5.1 thread I guess  wink_o.gif

-edit

BTW, are we sure this is a problem with my WGL and not with my original OFP?

Start an original OFP game, get killed and you'll find out..

..but as the problems is related to the rucksacks it can't be the original OFP which is causing the problem as they can't drop their rucksacks.

I dont know if the problem is with the rucksacks themselves or with a script in WGL that drops the rucksacks or if its some OFP command used in WGL.

I dont know if the problem is with the rucksacks themselves or with a script in WGL that drops the rucksacks or if its some OFP command used in WGL.

But it's still caused by the WGL mod and not by OFP itself.

It's most likely a local WGL script which is causing the problems.

I know what WGL 5 does with rucksacks when a soldier is killed, since I wrote the darned thing. biggrin_o.gif I'd say it's indeed some issue between your computer and WGL 5.

Therefore, I suggest we continue this bug hunting session in the forums on the WGL site.

InqWiper, please register in the forum there and re-post the problem description there. Does it happen during single-player? Tell me about that too in that post-to-be, not in this thread.

Make sure to convince yourself that you're using a clean install of WGL 5.0 or 5.1. By "clean" I mean that you deleted and removed any old @wgl5 mod folder before unpacking or installing a newer one. (For example, do not install 5.1 on top of a 5.0, instead remove (delete) the @wgl5 mod folder entirely and completely before "upgrading")