Island: DMA Libya by Honcho

Based on: Dynamic Afghanistan 1.3

made by: Honcho (DMA)

Ofp Version:1.96

DMADALIBYA06.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

Dynamic Libya 1.0

Civil unrest in libya forces the libyan forces to pull back to Ouadi Doum airbase.  From this secure stronghold the forces plan to take back control of the country.  You are assigned forces from the libyan special forces, regular troops aswell as from the africa corps.  Since the oppostion lacks any air support you have full advantage of air support, as well as artillery support throughout the country.  Your goal is to reduce the opposition level to zero by any means neccessary.  But spare any civilian cassulties, since any dead civilian will add to the opposition value.

Download:

Dynamic Libya (thanks to Ofpc.de)

----------------------------------------

DMADALIBYA03.jpg

DMADALIBYA02.jpg

Addons Needed:

-----------------------

Toyota Wars

-----------------------

DMA Libyan BRDM (included in above download, but missing in other Toyota Wars downloads)

-----------------------

Our Weapons Mi-8

-----------------------

Russian RPG Launchers v. 3.0 from ORCS

-----------------------

Russian Weapons Pack v3.2 from ORCS

-----------------------

DMADALIBYA05.jpg

DMADALIBYA04.jpg

DMADALIBYA01.jpg

Have Fun

Honcho

Guest Ti0n3r

Thanks a lot! We need more if this notworthy.gif

Wow!

Exactly what I wanted to do (after I finish GDCE). Surely will try and play this a lot!

Many thanks  notworthy.gif

In the meantime I'm having a more flexible long flying script that will come with GDCE. Having a reasonably unlimited distance now (not just about 12km). But it still needs to stand the test of time. Sorry for a bit offtopic.

Thank you for the comments guys, hope you enjoy the mission. smile_o.gif

Sanctuary: Thank you for pointing me to those scripts, they can both be very usefull for me. Mandobles seems to be very interesting for the helicopter flown insertion (only have to find a way to seperate it from object ids and point it to a onmapsingleclick) and Kutyas would be a satisfying workaround for the Medevac and Extraction chopper as well as para insertion.

Kutya: Looking forward to the GDCE, specially how you solved the radio codes being locked to the radio instead to a predefined person and as well of course to new misison principles.

It was a bit of acrobatics (by own standards tho), but I managed to do it with only one looping script, which goes only when noone's having a radio, to detect when someone picks it up.

I'm now DLing the Mi8 and you can be sure I'll report back smile_o.gif Altough a bit busy with GDCE.

Didn't have the time to play it much, but played a couple of missions. It's good! ECP, the map, the units, all are great and combined with you dyn camp, it's got a real replay value smile_o.gif

The only thing I didn't like (due to my not-so-new comp) is that sometimes the FPS turns into a slideshow. But an empty Lybia map is also not running like thunder at my comp.

Great work!

~dyn Lybia: just an opinion. Squad's w/o NVGs shouldn't go on offensive at night. I think, either you allow NVGs or you don't attack at night. Especially after the '60-70s. I've read that the Bosnians were adept at night fighting in the recent Balkan war, but I think in OFP it's just unbalanced. In short: if you don't use NVGs, it would be good to restrict mission time between dawn and dusk. In VTD I've set this to 6am-18pm. Sometimes a bit more. But don't get me wrong, it's the best thing I've encountered since DAC.

~Llauma heads & saving (for others than honcho refer to the GDCE thread to understand this): it works. BUT as you know, the heads are set randomly, so it's a high probability that the new head will be different than the old one. I'm having an idea similar to weapon loadout to save the faces of each team member and later reload it. This way it would be always the same faces.

Solution: make an array of all the faces your addons use. Now for every unit mark the position in the array of his face. Save this number (through SoW) for each squad member. Load it and call the setface with the string assigned to the array position.

EDIT: forgot about dyn Lybia: noticed this in dyn Afghanistan also, why is the clock disabled?

I dont know how long Ive been trying to figure out what I really wanted out of OFP, but then I read the thread on this and realized... This is it. A dynamic campaign, making use of some of the greatest addons out there. I looked at Dynamic Afghanistan and DA: Delta Force, and those two look like must haves as well.

Minor questions though:

The stock campagins are awesome, but I think the Lybia map is amazing, just jaw dropping. Is there any way to change the force that the player controls? Im not asking to change the enemy, generic rebels are perfect for these maps. But maybe, use the great Marine pack(I know, its not DMA, just throwing an idea out there, perhaps the UK troops are a better option) on Lybia, with western equivalent machinery? If not, obviously the ones we still have are fun.

Again, outstanding work, amazing premise.

Also, can you mix mods? Maybe use this with WGL to get the effects if nothing more that mod adds?

but I think the Lybia map is amazing, just jaw dropping. Is there any way to change the force that the player controls? Im not asking to change the enemy, generic rebels are perfect for these maps. But maybe, use the great Marine pack(I know, its not DMA, just throwing an idea out there, perhaps the UK troops are a better option) on Lybia, with western equivalent machinery? If not, obviously the ones we still have are fun.

Honcho made a "Bleed for oil" mission for the Lybia island using the excellent UK troops from Blackblood.

Check the 1st post of this thread for download links

but I think the Lybia map is amazing, just jaw dropping. Is there any way to change the force that the player controls? Im not asking to change the enemy, generic rebels are perfect for these maps. But maybe, use the great Marine pack(I know, its not DMA, just throwing an idea out there, perhaps the UK troops are a better option) on Lybia, with western equivalent machinery? If not, obviously the ones we still have are fun.

Honcho made a "Bleed for oil" mission for the Lybia island using the excellent UK troops from Blackblood.

Check the 1st post of this thread for download links

Oh man, thats exactly what gave me the idea. I saw that mission, assumed it was static, and thought a dynamic version would be great. Reading Comprehension: F. Thanks for the tip, downloading now.

Alright, sorry but I have a couple more questions.

First, I mentioned mixing WGL and this mod earlier, and while it works, I get some weird error in the top that persists through the whole mission, doesn't seem to be much of a problem, but annoying, so is there any way to just upgrade the visual effects, just to something better than the stock OFP ones?

Second, the readme didn't shed too much light on this. As far as the features in other dynamic missions, what all is in Bleed for Oil? As in, armor support, using APCs or cars for insertion(so far the only scripted insertion I managed to pull off was a chopper), and, this one I needed last mission, a way to edit the chopper's flight plan when doing a helo insertion?

Thanks again for your help, and really, amazing work.

Tom

Hi guys i tried to download the mission but it seems that the zip files is down. is there any means to download it from somewhere else?

Thanks

Thanks Sanctuary, the second link works, but again the first doesn't ..... and yes, all my other zip files open ok smile_o.gif

Cheers

Gnat @ Nov. 18 2006,07:31)]Thanks Sanctuary, the second link works, but again the first doesn't ..... and yes, all my other zip files open ok smile_o.gif

Cheers

same here

Better late then never: This mod rocks!! And the dynamic mission is really fun to play!

You guys from DMA really bring top notch stuff to OFP!

Yesterday I played DMA Libya with SLX and FFUR enabled.

in other words OFP Super excessive deluxe!

Yes, really cool.

But I keep getting CTDs after a while in game ...... not sure what it is but I may have to DL the whole mod again