Sign in to follow this  

OFP causing weird sound problems.

Im having a weird problem with OFP and teamspeak.

Ive recently upgraded to XP about a month ago the problem started happening about 1 week and a bit ago.

The problem is after playing OFP and running teamspeak at the same time after about 10mins OFP causes teamspeak to lag and be really choppy.

Like this;

"Eh... th..is....i.s.....La...gi....ng..."

Like that but really badly however after a little while this problem does go away and go normal.

It only seems to be teamspeak i have played other things whilst TS is doing this such as music and other things.

It only does this with OFP not any other game.

Happens even when i run no addons and doesnt matter if its SP or MP ofp.

My specs are

AMD Athlon XP 2200+ 1.8ghz

Geforce 6600 GT 256mb AGP

768GB RAM

XP with SP2

I never had this problem with windows 2000 at all.

Are there any reasons why this may be happening?

Thanks.

Edit - Today the problem has seemed to become more frequent.

What sound card have you got on that rig fella?

Yea that would be handy. biggrin_o.gif

And does it happen in all games or just in OFP otherwise is more TS/soundcard related?

Well ive tried several things in TS such as messing with the settings and problem still exists.

I have not noticed this happen with any other game just OFP.

AFAIK i dont have a sound card im using the on board sounds.

Onboard sound is still a soundcard as such, it still has a make and model which you should find and tell us, it still uses drivers which you should identify and tell us which you're using smile_o.gif

I experience that same stuttering in TS when i forgot to re-enable my audio hardware acceleration in the windows audio properties dialog.

I have an old SB Life! When i play OpF with sound accel fully on i experience sound stutters & noises after a while.

When i see a Shilka firing, one of 2 things happen:

a.) all sound is disappearing and i can play OpF for some more minutes. then it crashes and my pc restarts.

b.) OpF crashes immediately and my pc restarts.

(In both cases Opf leaves no error.rpt behind)

Now i found out that when i totally disable windows sound accel (slider all to left) i don't get these problems. But then TS stutters.

So: maybe OpF is somehow forcing the sound accel to disable itself ? Just an idea. tounge2.gif

Sorry for almost hitch-hiking this thread, but since it's not too far from the topic: which soundblaster card runs well with OpF ? Audigy 4 ?

i had this problem too. my computer restarts after it crashes.

in ofp the sound is like slow-mo it just sounds really wierd. maybe its an onboard audio problem.? or soundcard issue?

my specs: ATI 9550 256mb, 1GB Ram, 2.8GHZ Celeron D

it happens occasionaly. latest was using FFUR 2006 while having a mission on Desert Nagova/ 3 AT people / Apache and 3 t90 tanks on top of a hill. Apache takes the tank out then it slows down like crazy. i had Opera browser working in the background downloading something and MSN open.

Started having the same problem since two weeks ago. Before everything was fine, now it sounds semi-static like and slow-mo making everyone sound groggy.

What sound card have you got on that rig fella?

Matt54 and MAA3057 If you are having trouble with sound,i think maybe you at least need to post what sound cards you have both got crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Started having the same problem since two weeks ago. Before everything was fine, now it sounds semi-static like and slow-mo making everyone sound groggy.

Mine started having a problem about 2 weeks ago too! Could it be something like a windows update thats changed things??

FYI, I was using a Soundblaster Live (which worked fine uptill recently despite other people having problems). I've tried changing to the on-board RealTek 850 with not much of a noticable difference (yet).

I haven't done this in a long time:

Search The FAQ for "sb live".

Wow! I feel better already! yay.gif

Welcome back.

I had this happen too, it used to work with a SoB Live untill one day it decided not to work anymore, weird sound and crashes out of nowhere...

Audigy2 solved it smile_o.gif .

Turns out it was my TS settings for some reason they rest them selves.

Anyway solved now.

Turns out it was my TS settings for some reason they rest them selves.

Anyway solved now.

Glad you solved it,if it was a problem due to a cm audio card perhaps i could have been of help! another 1 wink_o.gif