Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIES FOR XBOX OPFE?

I wonder if it would be possible to use XNA Express to get ArmA working on the 360.

Get on that Bless!

Highly unlikely that ArmA would be ported over to the 360. Look at the trouble they are having to find publishers etc for the PC version. Let alone how much longer it would take for them to port it over to the 360.

BIS simply dont have the time, once ArmA is out they will be supporting it and also concentrating all their effort on Game 2. Especially after the flop that OFP:E was on the XBox, the console market is just not made for games like OFP and ArmA. Its much more sensable and most likely more profitable to forget the console market in which if they did do ArmA for. I imagine it took quite a bit of effort to port OFP over, now Armed Assault is a much much more complex game. The time and effort that could go into that, only for it to be waster with stupid reviewers isn't really worth it in this day and age.

Just what I think anyway.

Oh and I doubt you'll get banned Airbourne. You're entitled to a opinion on this forum unlike others on the web, and thats all you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by (Coffin Joe @ Aug. 30 2006,11:13)
    I wonder if it would be possible to use XNA Express to get ArmA working on the 360.

Get on that Bless!
    XNA EXPRESS sounds promising! Unfortunately it's not my area of expertise.

O.k. I'll up my bid to $300 for ArmA for XBOX 360!

Unfortunately COBRA@PULSE is proboably correct about why we'll never see ARMA for the XBOX360.

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!

Quote Originally Posted by (Bless @ Aug. 28 2006,15:32)
    Quote Originally Posted by (Ti0n3r @ Aug. 27 2006,14:17)
    It's possible. You just have to connect the Xbox to a PC and screw around with some stuff...
    No so easy like you think. First Skins will not work on xbox. 2nd - the walk animation will not work on xbox.
    Oh yeah - says who? You can convert animations using Maya, and it's trivial to convert skins from the paa format to tga. I dare say tga -> xbox format won't be that hard??

The only thing stopping zombies for the Xbox is that no-one has bothered to do a port. Oh yeah, and the 733mhz speed is a bit lousy now you come to mention it.

XBox 360 - now THERE'S a different matter entirely.
    Regards,
    Scott \"Zombie Mod\" T.

Programmer of the Unified Zombie Mod for Flashpoint (2003)

Add zombiemod72 as a friend to your XFire account and we'll have a game together.

Quote Originally Posted by (cobra@pulse @ Aug. 30 2006,11:41)
    Highly unlikely that ArmA would be ported over to the 360. Look at the trouble they are having to find publishers etc for the PC version. Let alone how much longer it would take for them to port it over to the 360.

BIS simply dont have the time, once ArmA is out they will be supporting it and also concentrating all their effort on Game 2. Especially after the flop that OFP:E was on the XBox, the console market is just not made for games like OFP and ArmA. Its much more sensable and most likely more profitable to forget the console market in which if they did do ArmA for. I imagine it took quite a bit of effort to port OFP over, now Armed Assault is a much much more complex game. The time and effort that could go into that, only for it to be waster with stupid reviewers isn't really worth it in this day and age.

Oh and I doubt you'll get banned Airbourne. You're entitled to a opinion on this forum unlike others on the web, and thats all you're doing. :)
    Technically it must be easier to dev for 360 than for pc, cause 360 is a fixed system spec. Furthermore BIS allready has experience with both XBL and the controller layout.

So, my guess is that a 'quick' port is very feasable. Just recompile the shit on 360 (i'm half joking here of course!:)

Now onto the console gamers/reviewers who don not dig the game. We have to wait and see for that. OFPE failure is NOT, and i repeat IS NOT the definite answer. My 'proof'? I have a lot of XBL friends who just bought the 360 the same month as OFPE was release. They were very reluctant to return to an 'old' system. I don't blame them. But Arma/360? I think at least half of my clan (GRAW players) will buy it.

Now ... If BIS and Publisher are serious about a 360 version, they really should make a 2007 release. That is imho THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. You then still have 2 years console lifetime left.

If BIS want, just throw in a few gimmicks like character switching and for the arcade gamers an 'easy setting with unlimited ammo' or OPTIONAL shit like that. We don't care but if that is good for sales why not.

So BIS listen up. After ArmA is released free up 2-3 former OFPE devs, let them do an easy/quick as possible 'quick and dirty' recompile of ArmA on 360 with the controller and xbl stuff from OFPE and you are nearly there.

Don't put a lot of effort in this just make it run on 360. That's all.

(My God, my fingers are so crossed for Arma/360 that i can't uncross them anymore hahaha;)
    New music clip Max Qubit - Stars | OFP:Elite's Battle at Le Port 60.000+ views, 9/10 rating (mission editor) | Soundclick

Quote Originally Posted by (Zombie_Mod @ Aug. 31 2006,10:57)
    It's possible. You just have to connect the Xbox to a PC and screw around with some stuff...
    No so easy like you think. First Skins will not work on xbox. 2nd - the walk animation will not work on xbox.
    Oh yeah - says who? You can convert animations using Maya, and it's trivial to convert skins from the paa format to tga. I dare say tga -> xbox format won't be that hard??
    IIRC OFPE uses normal maps, which we cant use in the current version of O2 (if i understand it correctly)

What could be done is some reconfiguring (civilian units on the east side and applying the zombie scripts on them)

Quote Originally Posted by (ofpforum @ Aug. 31 2006,14:13)
    IIRC OFPE uses normal maps, which we cant use in the current version of O2 (if i understand it correctly)

What could be done is some reconfiguring (civilian units on the east side and applying the zombie scripts on them)
    Yeah but like I said ofpforum, could we not export the models from o2 to 3d studio, and then export them to Xbox format? ***

It must be possible because there's no way BIS would redo all the models you saw on the PC from scratch, just for the Xbox. Would they? *cough*

Anyway, I don't have an Xbox but I might buy a 360, just to play "dead rising" *** ***

(PSstt... Xbox 360 will prob have a version of linux on it soon. Wine, anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by (Zombie_Mod @ Aug. 31 2006,17:51)
    Quote Originally Posted by (ofpforum @ Aug. 31 2006,14:13)

Yeah but like I said ofpforum, could we not export the models from o2 to 3d studio, and then export them to Xbox format? ***

It must be possible because there's no way BIS would redo all the models you saw on the PC from scratch, just for the Xbox. Would they? *cough*

Anyway, I don't have an Xbox but I might buy a 360, just to play "dead rising" *** ***

(PSstt... Xbox 360 will prob have a version of linux on it soon. Wine, anyone?)
    I think that BIS used an internal upgraded version of O2 for elite, but it might be possible with the tools which will be released for ArmA
    (IIRC every model made for OFP always had to be convert to O2 first, but modelling isnt my strongest point )

Dead rising looks interesting, but its IMO the only interesting thing on the 360 so i probably wont buy it (Even if i wanted to, i cant even afford the controller )

Quote Originally Posted by (maxqubit @ Aug. 31 2006,13:09)
    Quote Originally Posted by (cobra@pulse @ Aug. 30 2006,11:41)

Oh and I doubt you'll get banned Airbourne. You're entitled to a opinion on this forum unlike others on the web, and thats all you're doing.
    Technically it must be easier to dev for 360 than for pc, cause 360 is a fixed system spec. Furthermore BIS allready has experience with both XBL and the controller layout.

So, my guess is that a 'quick' port is very feasable. Just recompile the shit on 360 (i'm half joking here of course!

Now onto the console gamers/reviewers who don not dig the game. We have to wait and see for that. OFPE failure is NOT, and i repeat IS NOT the definite answer. My 'proof'? I have a lot of XBL friends who just bought the 360 the same month as OFPE was release. They were very reluctant to return to an 'old' system. I don't blame them. But Arma/360? I think at least half of my clan (GRAW players) will buy it.

Now ... If BIS and Publisher are serious about a 360 version, they really should make a 2007 release. That is imho THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. You then still have 2 years console lifetime left.

If BIS want, just throw in a few gimmicks like character switching and for the arcade gamers an 'easy setting with unlimited ammo' or OPTIONAL shit like that. We don't care but if that is good for sales why not.

So BIS listen up. After ArmA is released free up 2-3 former OFPE devs, let them do an easy/quick as possible 'quick and dirty' recompile of ArmA on 360 with the controller and xbl stuff from OFPE and you are nearly there.

Don't put a lot of effort in this just make it run on 360. That's all.

(My God, my fingers are so crossed for Arma/360 that i can't uncross them anymore hahaha
    MAXQUBIT you are dead on!

Bohemia listen to this guy! Definitely a release by 2007, after that who knows what will happen with the console.

I'd laugh like hell when ArmA becomes game of the year for XBOX360 (take that review fags&#33. Think about it, people are dying for a substantive game on the 360 right now (I sure as hell haven't seen on yet).

Definitely just get it running, no need for any dramatic improvements. BIS can aways charge out the yin-yang for future DLC, like every other 360 game has (look at the way Bethesda milks it&#33.

I'm saying again add some unlockable zombies for ArmA on the XBOX360 version and you'd have a console rocking title!

Will begging help?

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!

I will definitely buy a Xbox 360 when AA will be published for it - just for this game alone!

The next console will be a Wii

Several missions for Xbox available on our site! Go to:
    http://www.homefrontcenter.de/English/Flashpoint1_e.html

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast