Sign in to follow this  
combat-agent

object returned as string!?

I have two scripts. One to create a vehicle, and one to check and see if the vehicle is dead. When I pass the name of the vehicle to the check life script it says theres an error, saying that what i passed is a string not a object. whats up that?

heres my scripts

The create script

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#Wagon

? sw1 == 1 and sw2 == 1: hint "error";exit

? sw1 == 1 and sw2 == 0: sw2 = 1;

? sw1 == 0: sw1 = 1;

_p = "Wag" createvehicle [(getpos rhql select 0) + random 10, (getpos rhql select 1) + random 10,0]

_p = format["swag%1",rWagonname];

[_p] exec "/scripts/supplycheck.sqs"

Rmoney = Rmoney - 10

Hint format["You have purchased a new supply wagon. %1.", _P]

rWagonName = rWagonName + 1

exit

The checklife script, and oh by the way Ive tried (getdammage _1) == 1 and !(alive _1)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_1 = _this select 0

#loop

hint format["%1", _1]

? isnull _1: goto "end"

~5

goto "loop"

#End

?_1 == sw1 select 0: sw1 = []

?_1 == sw2 select 0: sw2 = []

hint "wagon dead"

exit

Any ideas why it is bringing up an error?

hmm - i see an error but it shouldn't be related to your

error message;

sw1 is a numeric variable (like seen in your first script)

in your second script you try to access sw1 as an array

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?_1 == sw1 select 0: sw1 = []

Why don't you just hint format the contents of your variables

on screen to check if they're filled with what you expected?

~S~ CD

Here your converting the object to a string

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_p = format["swag%1",rWagonname];

there fore when you pass _p to the scripting your passing a string. Try passing rWagonname instead of _p.

Hoz

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_p = format["swag%1",rWagonname]

[_p] exec "/scripts/supplycheck.sqs"

Switching these two lines around should work. To check if the unit is alive you can use either '!(alive _1)' or 'getDammage _1 == 1'.

Edit:

Never mind, if it's fixed, it's fixed.

thanks for the replies. I did see that error in the scripts I posted here.

I needed _p = format["swag%1",rWagonname] so i couldnt just pass rwagonname, rwagonname was a numerical valuethat increased to give the vehicles diffrent names.

Quote[/b] ]Switching these two lines around should work. To check if the unit is alive you can use either '!(alive _1)' or 'getDammage _1 == 1'.

That was what I needed, it did work, there was some more complications after i got that to work, but i got it all sorted out now. Thanks for the quick responses.