Sign in to follow this  
Dingmatt

'StarGate:Challanged Empires' Announced

StarGate:CE Update (15/09/06)

SGCCE.jpg

Heres a picture from our latest beta of CE, the AI code is now 60% complete and were starting to work on player gameplay.

As well as moving the whole game over to the SGWorlds v3 map, allowing us to have more enviroments to choose from.

-----------------------------------------------------------

StarGate:CE Update (08/08/06)

small.jpg

The progress on SG:CE is going well and its AI coding is round about 30% complete.

We've decided to release some ingame pictures showing off its new v1.4 StarGate.

ScreenShot 1

ScreenShot 2

ScreenShot 3

ScreenShot 4

ScreenShot 5

--------------------------------------------------------

We at DSF Productions would like to mark our return to the OPFlash StarGate with the announcement of our new project 'StarGate:Challanged Empires'.

This MOD is being designed as a new Multiplayer Game Type, where players from two different teams, human and Gou'ld will travel from there homeworld through the expanses of space to colonise or enslave the worlds they encounter.

Think large battles based around controlling the gates of various worlds, each with their own strategic value or resource.

BMP's vs. Gou'ld ForceSheilds, whilst 302's battle Deathgilders above.

Each planet settled will allow passage to the next, gate addresses can be recovered from ruins all this leading up to the invasion of the enemy homeworld.

If the Community likes the idea then we'll start, if not then it'll be shelved.

Give us your opinion and ideas.

FrostMan (DSF Productions)

Sounds like a great idea Dingmatt, will we see updates to the current SG-related addons or will you release everything as a mod upon completion?

Btw do you have a new homepage for this project? Can't access www.dsfproductions.co.uk/ ?

I will be updating and releasing new StarGate content as its developed for the MOD, our server is currently being upgraded but will be back online shortly.

Check www.OFP-SGC.com for current updates.

Great idea Dingmatt, thought of doing that myself a while ago.

Are you going to be using existing addons or making more "high detail" ones? (the gate is great by the way but things like the deathglider and jaffa really need to be updated)

If your going for new content i'd be willing to lend a hand, just pm me if you need some help.

...Are you going to be using existing addons or making more "high detail" ones? (the gate is great by the way but things like the deathglider and jaffa really need to be updated)

If your going for new content i'd be willing to lend a hand, just pm me if you need some help...

I think this answer your question (technically it was answered before you even asked it you just didn't see it):

I will be updating and releasing new StarGate content as its developed for the MOD

So it sounds like a bit of both.

Off World Gate Activation....Iris is Open....

What a RUSH!!!!

I think it would be great!!! I would actually start playing MP again...lol

I am working on a map for the GAW Team and I'm almost finished with it, but I also have been working on a very large Stargate map like the one from Lukemax, but right now I'm trying to get it totally lag free. Without looking at it I think it has 56 planets on it, but it may end up with less planets to reduce lag, but still in the 40's. I will need some testers for it when I'm done with it. Lukemax will get credit just for making his Stargate Worlds maps....That's what gave me the idea in the first place. I'd like for you to see it....maybe you can use it for Challanged Empires if you don't have someone making a map for you. Just a thought.

I know you know about the description.ext file not being able to add music to it and working without an error message, but once that is fixed people will be able to get some good music in to drive the mission forward. Music at the right time and place really gives the mission momentum. I saw what Walmis wrote about putting it in the cpp, and I'm looking forward to the update. Oh, BTW I found a way to add music to the file, but it causes an error, and then the player has to hit the enter key to get the mission going again, but alas that would be rather annoying in the middle of a mission with every piece of music played lol.

I know it's also been said that the first wormhole won't be put back in, or added for variety, because it's too long. It's not that long {about 19 - 20 seconds long} and it really rocks {like the shorter 2-3 second version of it}....A quick little break to get ready for anything that may be on the other side of the gate smile_o.gif . My opinion on it is I like it and have a 2nd MOD folder that I use for it. I'd like to see it put back in to add variety. That to me is what Stargate was about...being able to travel between worlds using the Stargate. That is a just 1 great feature of this Stargate MOD to me.  smile_o.gif And no, I'm not asking that you put it in, it's just my opinion.{manual dialing...love the address notebook. Great touch!}

Thank you for taking the time to read this....

I'm enjoying all the Stargate addons to date....

Excellent Work to all!!!

Good luck with future addons for Stargate....I'll see you on the other side of the gate........

Wormhold Disengaged....Iris Closed....

Ok heres the update so far, i'm using heavely moddified CTI code for the basis of the mod.

Currently we have buildable bases and a network of stargates for you to explore, you get given new gate addresses by capturing locations or finding ancient ruins.

AI's have been programmed to use the gate and spread like the plague, so most of the basics are in place....

Now to start working on the hard stuff.

Its a good idea, but how would it be done? As you said its multiplayer and having diferent worlds?

small islands on an island, each being a different world?

At the moment its being done by limiting the area a player can roam on a map to 3km around the gate... (think its 3km), exceeding this boundry causes a warning to sound and the player is transported back to the star gates vacinity.

May use a seperate map later with a island for each seperate world but that will be a future development.

I'm not familiar with Stargate, but this sounds like a great MOD, with a totally new style of CTI.

The chance to add an RPG element with the gate location/access codes/different worlds is more than a little mind-blowing. I guess the important thing is to get the basics working solidly like you've said.

Looking forward to playing it when it's up and running! pistols.gif

Its a good idea, but how would it be done? As you said its multiplayer and having diferent worlds?

small islands on an island, each being a different world?

A bit like my Stargate Worlds v2 map?

cool biggrin_o.gif

but those beams look alot like the ion cannon from C&C tounge2.gif

the original game not a ofp mod

Now that ain't right RLMAO!!! I didn't even have that kind of problem....that was just  yay.gif

Are there any cultural addons, in this soon to be released mod? Things like obelisks and pyramids? Also could we get a size of the SGC ,so we can leave a bare spot for future Sg maps?