Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'StarGate:Challanged Empires' Announced

Ok heres the update so far, i'm using heavely moddified CTI code for the basis of the mod.
    Currently we have buildable bases and a network of stargates for you to explore, you get given new gate addresses by capturing locations or finding ancient ruins.
    AI's have been programmed to use the gate and spread like the plague, so most of the basics are in place....

Now to start working on the hard stuff.

There's brilliant and then there's me

Its a good idea, but how would it be done? As you said its multiplayer and having diferent worlds?

small islands on an island, each being a different world?
    <div align=\"Right\">
    Made you look.</div>

At the moment its being done by limiting the area a player can roam on a map to 3km around the gate... (think its 3km), exceeding this boundry causes a warning to sound and the player is transported back to the star gates vacinity.

May use a seperate map later with a island for each seperate world but that will be a future development.

I&#39;m not familiar with Stargate, but this sounds like a great MOD, with a totally new style of CTI.

The chance to add an RPG element with the gate location/access codes/different worlds is more than a little mind-blowing. I guess the important thing is to get the basics working solidly like you&#39;ve said.

Looking forward to playing it when it&#39;s up and running&#33;

Quote Originally Posted by (Jimboob @ July 15 2006,21:50)
    Its a good idea, but how would it be done? As you said its multiplayer and having diferent worlds?

small islands on an island, each being a different world?
    A bit like my Stargate Worlds v2 map?

A small tech video Tech Video 1

The MotherShip arrives

cool

but those beams look alot like the ion cannon from C&C

the original game not a ofp mod

We&#39;re making the gate better&#33;
    This is why:
    http://www.dsfproductions.co.uk/down....asp?fileid=82
    DSF Productions
    Nuclear, Biological, Chemical and Conventional boomage!
    Capture the Island Tactical Advantage!
    Multiplayer Stargates!

DSF Webmaster, Hostmaster, Postmaster & Systems Administrator

Now that ain&#39;t right RLMAO&#33;&#33;&#33; I didn&#39;t even have that kind of problem....that was just ***

Are there any cultural addons, in this soon to be released mod? Things like obelisks and pyramids? Also could we get a size of the SGC ,so we can leave a bare spot for future Sg maps?
    Pacification through superior firepower. *** Lucifer Thunn

Mister Flibble says you&#39;ve been naughty. Arnold Rimmer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast