Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

The case, CPU, and graphics card will come with their own fans. Unless you want to do a lot of overclocking, or find the fans too noisy, you won't need to replace them.

So you say I should get a copy Windows 7 when it comes out?

Yep. Definitely worth the wait.

The case, CPU, and graphics card will come with their own fans. Unless you want to do a lot of overclocking, or find the fans too noisy, you won't need to replace them.

Yep. Definitely worth the wait.

Now that I know which operating system to get, what sound card should I get? Also, should get a new moniter, keyboard, and mouse?

Now that I know which operating system to get, what sound card should I get? Also, should get a new moniter, keyboard, and mouse?
Sound hardware is usually integrated on the motherboard and modern graphics cards. You can also use HDMI to connect your PC with a HDMI-capable monitor/TV with integrated speakers.

I recommend 24" monitors with WUXGA (1920x1200) resolution, because it's slightly less widescreen than HD (720p/1080p) thus more compatible with older games.

See what SgtH3nry3 said about sound and monitors. I should also point out that Samsung makes good monitors.

Mouse? Depending on your budget, I'd get either a Logitech MX518 or a Steelseries Ikari. Keyboard? One of these will serve you well.

As for fancier models, you're asking the wrong person - this is my idea of a top of the line keyboard :p

I should also point out that Samsung makes good monitors.
Yes, I can recommend the 2443BW.

It has a little backlight bleeding due to the size of the screen and being backlit by CCFL tubes instead of edge-positioned LEDs we see more often.

Other than that it is a great screen, very fast and responsive.

If you can get a screen with edge-lit LED backlighting and DisplayPort, I'd take that one though.

One of these will serve you well.
Cherries are unbreakable German crafted keyboards.

They can be quite expensive though.

As for fancier models, you're asking the wrong person - this is my idea of a top of the line keyboard :p
GTFO with proprietary IBM DIN-5 interfaces! :D

Cherries are unbreakable German crafted keyboards.

They can be quite expensive though.

Unfortunately "real" Cherry keyboards are quite expensive. I have one of these (has Cherry-made internals) Definitely worth the money, but alot of people would think you were mad for spending that much money on a keyboard that doesnt have a screen on it :p

GTFO with proprietary IBM DIN-5 interfaces!

That particular model (possibly my favorite keyboard of all time) is completely compatible with PS/2. To run it with a modern PC, all you need is a simple adapter that wires a DIN socket to a PS/2 plug.

Bare in mind that an awful lot of 'standard' PC stuff started out as proprietary IBM tech.

Unfortunately "real" Cherry keyboards are quite expensive. I have one of these (has Cherry-made internals) Definitely worth the money, but alot of people would think you were mad for spending that much money on a keyboard that doesnt have a screen on it :p
I wouldn't think you are mad. Cherry keyboards type like no other.
That particular model (possibly my favorite keyboard of all time) is completely compatible with PS/2. To run it with a modern PC, all you need is a simple adapter that wires a DIN socket to a PS/2 plug.
PS/2 is IBM property aswell afaik.
Bare in mind that an awful lot of 'standard' PC stuff started out as proprietary IBM tech.
True, but we're slowly walking away from that era.

I hope ATX is next on the list of things to die. BTX should have been the de facto standard.

But x86 is something which probably will never die, although ARM-powered thin clients and netbooks seem to rise in popularity.

I wouldn't be surprised if ARM became the pre-dominant architecture in the next decade or so. The general purpose PC as we know it is unnecessarily complicated for about 80% of computer users - things like netbooks and smartphones are the way forward for most people. Really we'll go back to the way things were back in the 70s - workstations for those who need them, terminals for everyone else.

But yeah, x86 is not going to be straightforward to replace for the workstation/server market. Even though it should have died a long time ago, it can still hold it's own against some supposedly superior designs. Every time Intel has tried to replace it, they failed miserably. I doubt they'll bother trying again for a long time...

I found that in pc both IGIs, desert storm 1 and 2,and first 3 parts of deltaforce run very smoth,

i have purchase Delta force blackhawk but it did't running on my pc,it show that not supported intel chipset.

Is this game more GPU oriented or CPU?

I have a 4870x2... and a Intel Quad 2.8ghz stock.

I am debating to buy a second /or Better GPU... Or get a 50 dollar Coolermaster V8 and be able to overclock my quad to like 4ghz.

I'm going with the CPU.... any help guys?

See what SgtH3nry3 said about sound and monitors. I should also point out that Samsung makes good monitors.

Mouse? Depending on your budget, I'd get either a Logitech MX518 or a Steelseries Ikari. Keyboard? One of these will serve you well.

Steelseries Ikari is crap, should get the Steelseries Xai.

o_rly.jpg

On what basis do you make this claim?

Edited by echo1

I think I'm gonna go with that CHERRY keyboard you suggested. Now all I have to do is find a good Moniter and mouse and I got my rig.

Depending on how much you want to speed on a mouse, I'd either get a Logitech MX518 or a Steelseries Ikari. The Steelseries is quite expensive, but it's probably the best mouse out there (don't get it if you are left handed though). The Logitech is an older design, but still top notch.

Monitor? I'd read back a few pages, I think sgth3nry suggested a Samsung one... You can't really go wrong with any Samsung monitor out there.

As much as I hate to interrupt discussion here, but please continue here.